Charlton at home in doubt on October 14th

Curtains

“Derby County's home game against Charlton Athletic could be in doubt because of international call-ups. The Rams are due to host Michael Appleton's side on October 14, but it could now be postponed “

Nathaniel Mendez-Laing is in line for a call-up for Guatemala's double header against Trinidad and Tobago and Panama. Conor Washington is also likely to be included in Northern Ireland's squad for games against San Marino and Slovenia. Midfielder Darren Robinson and under-21 prospect Charlie Lindsay could also be called up for Northern Ireland under-21 duty “

Taken from DET 

Edited by Curtains
Added more

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

“Derby County's home game against Charlton Athletic could be in doubt because of international call-ups. The Rams are due to host Michael Appleton's side on October 14, but it could now be postponed “

Taken from DET 

I think given we had six on international duty last time and added another international that we will be skipping all international weekends this season.

13 minutes ago, sage said:

It's ridiculous that this hasn't been sorted already. 17 days away is too close, fans of both sides, especially the away team will have already made travel plans.

It’s probably some EFL rule to stop games being needlessly called off if players don’t end up being selected.

You should be able to rearrange games based on previous squads. Like has already been mentioned, every international weekend will probably be rearranged for us. It would be logical to rearrange them now to give as much notice to fans as possible. That’s why I think there will be an EFL rule preventing logical decisions from happening.

I'd rather the EFL took the same view as the Premier League do to AFCON when dealing with League 1 and international breaks i.e. tough luck, play the games with players missing and get on with it.

One of the things I've really enjoyed about being in this God awful division is the regularity of Saturday afternoons and ability to plan your life.

21 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Assuming the Charlton game is postponed the next Saturday home league game after Cambridge will be the 11th of November against Barnsley.

A gap of six weeks.

4 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

What about the Exeter home game 24 Oct?

Tuesday 24th October has never fallen on a Saturday... not even in a leap year, or pre-Sky TV.  👀

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

Nov 4th is FA Cup first round day.

I just hope it's not against Mickleover FC who currently have won 16 games on the trot playing attractive possession based football that is alien to our manager. I'd be having over a fortnight of sleepless nights in the build up to that. I've watched them twice so far and they put on the best two performances I've seen this season.

Edited by Brailsford Ram

If it's off I'll have to rearrange my flight. 24th for Exeter is currently twice what I paid so I'd have to cough up the difference plus whatever the "change your flight" costs are these days. 31st for Northampton is about the same so just the change costs. That or a Saturday in November. All a bit of a sod any road up.

13 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I just hope it's not against Mickleover FC who currently have won 16 games on the trot playing attractive possession based football that is alien to our manager. I'd be having over a fortnight of sleepless nights in the build up to that. I've watched them twice so far and they put on the best two performances I've seen this season.

Surely only an insomniac could lose 2 weeks sleep fretting about a team that plays in the 7th tier of English football. 

28 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

If it's off I'll have to rearrange my flight. 24th for Exeter is currently twice what I paid so I'd have to cough up the difference plus whatever the "change your flight" costs are these days. 31st for Northampton is about the same so just the change costs. That or a Saturday in November. All a bit of a sod any road up.

International break 13th to 21st of November, we are scheduled to play Reading away on the 18th.

Next international break is March 18th to 26th when we should be playing Northampton away on the 23rd.