Have we missed this man

Curtains

Haha, you seem to like topics which tend to divide the fan base @Curtains 😜

For me: yes. But not particularly for his supply of goals. Although I think he will get a few this season, when we finally get him back on the grass.

It's an interesting dilemma for Warne when all, or at least a majority, of our central midfielders are fit.

Fornah, Smith, Hourihane, Bird, Embleton. 

The way we are set up at the minute really only means there are two starting positions available for five players.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

I think back to that long unbeaten run last season that ended when Max got injured. I get that some don't like him, as a player, but he's the glue that keeps the side together when fit and playing. A bit like Durban or McGovern. Overlooked, even dismissed, until they're not there and then you realise how important they are to the side.

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

It's an interesting dilemma for Warne when all, or at least a majority, of our central midfielders are fit.

The way we are set up at the minute really only means there are two starting positions available for five players.

Good to see Smith raising his game over the last few matches. Unfortunately it doesn't sound like Embleton's going to playing much of a role for a little while at least.

Bird and the-player-waiting-to-appear-out-of-Fornah could be a very good middle two.

4 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

You can play Embleton in a 10 ahead of Bird and Fornah. Something weird could happen, like passing to each other. 

9 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Yes I agree I forgot about Smith earlier.  He’s doing well isn’t he. 

He's an important cog when we are playing good football on the floor but I think people are kidding themselves if they think the style of play or our fortunes will suddenly change upon his return.  He's been part of the side when we have looked rubbish enough times for me to conclude that he isn't a difference maker.  We don't really have one since Didzy left.

3 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

He's an important cog when we are playing good football on the floor but I think people are kidding themselves if they think the style of play or our fortunes will suddenly change upon his return.  He's been part of the side when we have looked rubbish enough times for me to conclude that he isn't a difference maker.  We don't really have one since Didzy left.

The points with and without him last season suggest otherwise.

2 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

He has shown he is capable of doing this, but fails to do it very often. We seem to play the ball into the net in the first team as if they are scared to hit one.

Yes - most of his (to date somewhat rare) goals are absolute beauties. We hear that he is frequently encouraged to shoot more often and he probably should!