The Paul Warne Poll - Part 2

sage

The Paul Warne Poll II  

252 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you stand with Paul Warne? (Poll only, comments on original thread)

• He needs to leave immediately, simply not good enough
    • On the edge of being full Warne Out, can't stand much more
    • Christmas will be the time to review his position
    • End of season will be the time to review his position
    • Not even close to questioning his future at Derby

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/09/23 at 11:00

I reckon the time to sack a manager is 6 weeks before a transfer window opens to give the manager time to assess. So late November is review time for me.

I suppose it helps that I want the vision of football which Warne describes. The problem for me is he's not getting the team to play it. We're just slow and and uncreative. He needs a few more weeks to try to sort things out, but no improvement by the the time the lights go on in the Market Square and he should go.

5 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I reckon the time to sack a manager is 6 weeks before a transfer window opens to give the manager time to assess. So late November is review time for me.

I suppose it helps that I want the vision of football which Warne describes. The problem for me is he's not getting the team to play it. We're just slow and and uncreative. He needs a few more weeks to try to sort things out, but no improvement by the the time the lights go on in the Market Square and he should go.

That's my key issue with it - we're not good at being what we're supposed to be.

I wasn't a huge fan of Gary Rowett's football but the team were effective doing what he asked of them and I will conceed that a defense that by and large knew what it was doing was quite refreshing. A few more signs that we'll be effective even if not attractive would go a long way to restoring faith in the Paul Warne regieme.

Realistically, not much has changed since the last poll, struggling to see how so many have changed position if they were previously in support of giving him time. If we won the next three the poll would flip flop back so it's of little usefulness with it being so reactionary.

With a 4 year deal we won't replace Warne. Only option would be if he left and that would probably require a lower end table position which we never will find ourselves in since L1 lack any real quality. We can win as many as we lose only by keep turning up with eleven players from our squad. I do however feel if we, with only a bit of luck, manage top 6 and get promoted we would probably end up where we begun i L1 again since we doesn't seem to progress on any significant front.  

Still hope he somehow turn it around but must admit it's only a fools hope. 

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Realistically, not much has changed since the last poll, struggling to see how so many have changed position if they were previously in support of giving him time. If we won the next three the poll would flip flop back so it's of little usefulness with it being so reactionary.

Perhaps that's the problem. People were hoping it would change (improve), yet after 4 weeks since the previous poll, "not much has changed"?

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Perhaps that's the problem. People were hoping it would change (improve), yet after 4 weeks since the previous poll, "not much has changed"?

We're in a similar sort of position, if you were willing to give him time in the previous poll there is little reason as to why you wouldn't now, it's just football fans being typically reactionary and I believe that if the poll was run after 2-3 positive results it'd flip right back again. Doesn't prove a lot.

8 minutes ago, Andicis said:

We're in a similar sort of position, if you were willing to give him time in the previous poll there is little reason as to why you wouldn't now, it's just football fans being typically reactionary and I believe that if the poll was run after 2-3 positive results it'd flip right back again. Doesn't prove a lot.

I don't think it's really results that are driving this though, it's performances.  I suspect a fair few people were of the mind that we had 2 clear weeks to work on stuff, try get some pattern of play into place or something, and then we served up a performance that was as flat and disjointed as anything we've seen so far.  If people can see signs of things getting better they'll get behind the team, but there's just nothing, and a lucky 3 points last weekend, or against Bolton wouldn't have changed that for many (IMO anyway).

30 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I don't think it's really results that are driving this though, it's performances.  I suspect a fair few people were of the mind that we had 2 clear weeks to work on stuff, try get some pattern of play into place or something, and then we served up a performance that was as flat and disjointed as anything we've seen so far.  If people can see signs of things getting better they'll get behind the team, but there's just nothing, and a lucky 3 points last weekend, or against Bolton wouldn't have changed that for many (IMO anyway).

And maybe that is the case for you and some others. I'm of the opinion that the poll results will generally trend towards the form of the previous 2-3 games and that it would continue to significantly alter dependent on that. I think it's in a lot of cases just result based analysis. 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

And maybe that is the case for you and some others. I'm of the opinion that the poll results will generally trend towards the form of the previous 2-3 games and that it would continue to significantly alter dependent on that. I think it's in a lot of cases just result based analysis. 

So how about this one then?

image.thumb.png.9c849535bce31d4f1cd2dda1d7130941.png

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/41943-who-enjoys-warnes-football-poll/

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

Perhaps different people have completed the survey this time. Perhaps people that responded relatively positively in the first poll haven't replied to the second one. 🤷‍♀️

Unless you're able to track how everyone individually replied to each poll, you can't arrive at the conclusion that "so many changed their position".

Only 190 have completed the second survey whereas 605 completed the first one. 44 have said he should go immediately in the second poll whereas 41 said so in the first poll. So, no evidence of a big change there. Only 47 are "on the edge" whereas 95 were at the time of the first poll.

In short, you can't read anything into the % for each option as the number of responses to the second poll is less than a third of those that completed the first one and you can't conclude people have changed their stance unless you know what they responded to each poll.

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

23 minutes ago, Andicis said:

The league table is just based on results too.  Are you going to dismiss that when we finish outside of the promotion places?

3 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

This is precisely the problem I have with Warne currently.

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

The league table is based on 46 games, this poll is not based on even a quarter of that. 

I voted the way I did based on the style and quality of play. If we had replicated the same results but I could see a remotely identifiable style of play evolving that had the potential to develop and improve over time then I'd be more than happy to give the manager more time.

As it happens the standard of football has been consistently poor, unimaginative, uninspiring and shows no signs of changing. We have been on the decline since our run of good form came to an end earlier this year. If the manager can't change what is happening on the pitch then we need to find a manager that can.

23 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

Based on him being here a year. We've had enough time to form an opinion on him now.

Yes, that isn't really contrary to the point I was making though. My point was that the recent results are going to skew a poll massively and would in my opinion show a harsh contrast if rerun after a positive string of results. 

25 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I voted the way I did based on the style and quality of play. If we had replicated the same results but I could see a remotely identifiable style of play evolving that had the potential to develop and improve over time then I'd be more than happy to give the manager more time.

As it happens the standard of football has been consistently poor, unimaginative, uninspiring and shows no signs of changing. We have been on the decline since our run of good form came to an end earlier this year. If the manager can't change what is happening on the pitch then we need to find a manager that can.

I'm not disputing people's right to an opinion, but more the cynical timing of the poll itself personally. People can and do have valid concerns, but we've only played a couple of games since the last poll.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Perhaps different people have completed the survey this time. Perhaps people that responded relatively positively in the first poll haven't replied to the second one. 🤷‍♀️

Unless you're able to track how everyone individually replied to each poll, you can't arrive at the conclusion that "so many changed their position".

Only 190 have completed the second survey whereas 605 completed the first one. 44 have said he should go immediately in the second poll whereas 41 said so in the first poll. So, no evidence of a big change there. Only 47 are "on the edge" whereas 95 were at the time of the first poll.

In short, you can't read anything into the % for each option as the number of responses to the second poll is less than a third of those that completed the first one and you can't conclude people have changed their stance unless you know what they responded to each poll.

I accept the point you're making, I suppose it's just an anticipation based on how polls tend to go on here after a few negative results.