The Paul Warne Poll - Part 2

sage

The Paul Warne Poll II  

252 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you stand with Paul Warne? (Poll only, comments on original thread)

• He needs to leave immediately, simply not good enough
    • On the edge of being full Warne Out, can't stand much more
    • Christmas will be the time to review his position
    • End of season will be the time to review his position
    • Not even close to questioning his future at Derby

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/09/23 at 11:00

I'm still waiting for this magical list to be generated of teams we should be beating at home.

The more cynical of us could then generate the poll again immediately after not winning against one of those said teams (if the list ever materialises) to then gain the desired outputs.

Not that anyone on here would have any intentions of doing that, naturally. 

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I'm still waiting for this magical list to be generated of teams we should be beating at home.

The more cynical of us could then generate the poll again immediately after not winning against one of those said teams (if the list ever materialises) to then gain the desired outputs.

Waiting for a list of forum members that say we should be beating everyone.

The major concern is performances. There's a world of difference in playing well and losing, and playing like we do and losing. It's about not having any excitement for the next game.

34 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

List all the other League one teams and there is your answer.

Having considered this we need a sixth option …. NEXT October. 

Like it or not I think we have to “trust the process” and wait until next year to see if this horrible style of football really will work.  He needs two chances, the second one with solely his players. 

That means we have to sacrifice our best young players - Bird, Sibley (he’s ruining Sibley and doesn’t care), Cashin and probably Thommo as well. We have to let Warne do all he can to get us up and when he doesn’t he needs to be removed as quickly as possible …. And when he does he also needs to be removed as soon as possible so that we can have a manager who will implement a style of play that is designed to get promotion from the Championship rather than League One.

I’m afraid I’m resigned to rubbish football for another 13 months. 🙁🙁🙁

5 minutes ago, Malty said:

Like it or not I think we have to “trust the process” and wait until next year to see if this horrible style of football really will work.  He needs two chances, the second one with solely his players. 

That means we have to sacrifice our best young players - Bird, Sibley (he’s ruining Sibley and doesn’t care), Cashin and probably Thommo as well. We have to let Warne do all he can to get us up and when he doesn’t he needs to be removed as quickly as possible …. And when he does he also needs to be removed as soon as possible so that we can have a manager who will implement a style of play that is designed to get promotion from the Championship rather than League One.

I’m afraid I’m resigned to rubbish football for another 13 months. 🙁🙁🙁

What? Why on earth do we have to do that? 

One win, one defeat and one draw  against teams we thought we might be directly competing with since running the poll the first time is hardly cynically capitalising on poor results when 2 of them could be considered good results and the other blamed on (overturned) refereeing decisions.

Edited by Kokosnuss

19 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What? Why on earth do we have to do that? 

- No more chopping and changing managers 

- Gives him the best chance and a long enough time to make it work

- cheaper to not switch so regularly

- it does at least  seem to work away (and we have been pants away for years)

- at least we have stability

- anything that comes after had to be better

8 minutes ago, Malty said:

- No more chopping and changing managers 

- Gives him the best chance and a long enough time to make it work

- cheaper to not switch so regularly

- it does at least  seem to work away (and we have been pants away for years)

- at least we have stability

- anything that comes after had to be better

That assumes it works - it hasn't looked like it so far. How much will it cost us with a squad of Warne athletes and losing youngsters, just to give Warne another 13 months? And afterwards we are left with a squad to play only the same way.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

That assumes it works - it hasn't looked like it so far. How much will it cost us with a squad of Warne athletes and losing youngsters, just to give Warne another 13 months? And afterwards we are left with a squad to play only the same way.

That’s the price of trust in the process and stability 

3 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

No need for a magical list - I’ll let you pick any 11 teams in the division. Pick the top 11 if you like - we shouldn’t be only winning 2 out of those eleven matches at home. 

So tonight while it’s not fully representative of the league was broadly positive, some good performances from players building fitness. More options starting to come back, the last 4 signings all players of the right age group, and a potentially top class signing in Nyambe (see my post in the Nyambe thread). 

Said it several times and will say it again. It’s too early to judge and with our fixtures, Vale away is the right time IMO to make a judgment. 

5 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

All of these. 😂

IMG_7474.jpeg