The Paul Warne Poll - Part 2

sage

The Paul Warne Poll II  

252 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you stand with Paul Warne? (Poll only, comments on original thread)

• He needs to leave immediately, simply not good enough
    • On the edge of being full Warne Out, can't stand much more
    • Christmas will be the time to review his position
    • End of season will be the time to review his position
    • Not even close to questioning his future at Derby

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/09/23 at 11:00

Copied over.

Hands are tied behind our backs because we offered Warne a nice juicy contract to tempt him to join our club. As much as I can't stand the football being offered, I believe we have little choice other than to keep him until the end of the season unless we fell well away from the top 6. I also believe Warne seems to be the type of chap who would walk away from a job if he felt he was not delivering his aims.

I personally don't like his recruitment policy of buying older players on bigger contracts. I've seen it too many times over the years where we've bought too many twilight career footballers and feeling more disappointed when they are not performing well. The balance of the squad doesn't look right to me. The best teams I've always seen have a good blend of youth, prime and experienced players. We have too many over or approaching 30. I've never believed in the "experience buys promotion" idea. Has it ever worked for Derby in the past? It only seems to result in a bloated wage budget and not being able to shift people along.

The Waggy situation has annoyed me and provides more doubts about PW. I'm really glad the player is back and we are lucky to have brought him in after what happened originally, our manager outright dismissing him at the first opportunity. It makes me wonder how many good players have we may have missed out on because Warne prejudged their character. To say he's a people person, why would you flat out refuse a player of that calibre and not speak to them about their situation. That fortunate piece of luck has already saved the manager from more criticism.

Ultimately he just isn't the manager for me. I can completely understand why our owner went for someone like Warne. On paper he's a great fit. Unfortunately now we've digged deeper into his playing style, tactical (or lack of) knowledge and recruitment policy, I don't think he is the right fit for the club.

2 hours ago, SSD said:

Copied over.

Hands are tied behind our backs because we offered Warne a nice juicy contract to tempt him to join our club. As much as I can't stand the football being offered, I believe we have little choice other than to keep him until the end of the season unless we fell well away from the top 6. I also believe Warne seems to be the type of chap who would walk away from a job if he felt he was not delivering his aims.

I personally don't like his recruitment policy of buying older players on bigger contracts. I've seen it too many times over the years where we've bought too many twilight career footballers and feeling more disappointed when they are not performing well. The balance of the squad doesn't look right to me. The best teams I've always seen have a good blend of youth, prime and experienced players. We have too many over or approaching 30. I've never believed in the "experience buys promotion" idea. Has it ever worked for Derby in the past? It only seems to result in a bloated wage budget and not being able to shift people along.

The Waggy situation has annoyed me and provides more doubts about PW. I'm really glad the player is back and we are lucky to have brought him in after what happened originally, our manager outright dismissing him at the first opportunity. It makes me wonder how many good players have we may have missed out on because Warne prejudged their character. To say he's a people person, why would you flat out refuse a player of that calibre and not speak to them about their situation. That fortunate piece of luck has already saved the manager from more criticism.

Ultimately he just isn't the manager for me. I can completely understand why our owner went for someone like Warne. On paper he's a great fit. Unfortunately now we've digged deeper into his playing style, tactical (or lack of) knowledge and recruitment policy, I don't think he is the right fit for the club.

That about sums it up, though I think if we are bottom half at Christmas, it may end in tears. 

13 minutes ago, sage said:

That about sums it up, though I think if we are bottom half at Christmas, it may end in tears. 

If we wait until Christmas it makes winning the League much more difficult. I really thought we had most of the necessary components to finish at the top, we just needed a bit of strengthening. Well we've had more than a bit of additions and they are not exactly helping. The reality is Warne doesn't know what he's doing, he might and I stress might, know some theories but he is unable to put them into affect.

Lets hope Clowes just admits it hasn't worked and/or for it to work the squad needed and the time to be taken would be to the Clubs eventual detriment.

Lets go again!

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

If we wait until Christmas it makes winning the League much more difficult. I really thought we had most of the necessary components to finish at the top, we just needed a bit of strengthening. Well we've had more than a bit of additions and they are not exactly helping. The reality is Warne doesn't know what he's doing, he might and I stress might, know some theories but he is unable to put them into affect.

Lets hope Clowes just admits it hasn't worked and/or for it to work the squad needed and the time to be taken would be to the Clubs eventual detriment.

Lets go again!

I'm not saying how long I would wait.

I'm suggesting how long till DC loses patience.