Corey Blackett-Taylor - Signed on Loan/Permanent in Summer

Stuniverse

That's how rubbish our transfer windows are these days, we are forced to predict the announcement time of the 1 single transfer we may or may not be making or announcing 🤣

18 minutes ago, SK47 said:

That's how rubbish our transfer windows are these days, we are forced to predict the announcement time of the 1 single transfer we may or may not be making or announcing 🤣

Well I only have 10 more minutes so this game is rubbish 😂😂

31 minutes ago, SK47 said:

Oh for those days when we signed 7 players in January and completely f***ed our automatic promotion chances or added millions to the wage bill for no effect.....

TBH, if we end up with a net 2 additional players in the squad, it'll have been OK from my PoV.

2 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

I think the reports that we had agreed a fee and he was here for a medical were premature. Hope I'm proved wrong but this length of delay points to that

There's pictures leaked of him in a derby kit having his press photos taken. I'm pretty sure the fee and medical would've been sorted before that. This is just a PR delay for whatever reason, could be at the request of Charlton or our own timeline.

1 minute ago, roboto said:

There's pictures leaked of him in a derby kit having his press photos taken. I'm pretty sure the fee and medical would've been sorted before that. This is just a PR delay for whatever reason, could be at the request of Charlton or our own timeline.

Waiting on a double deal knowing derby. They do love an and you though we were done there 

1 minute ago, roboto said:

Or waiting for EFL ratification-they don’t work weekends

3 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

I think the reports that we had agreed a fee and he was here for a medical were premature. Hope I'm proved wrong but this length of delay points to that

I'm not so sure. It was reported we'd already agreed personal terms in the summer, but due to the protracted nature of Cashin's negotiations with Brighton, we didn't have time to complete the deal. Come January, all we apparently have to do is sort the bid with the club as personal terms aren't an issue. I suspect if the bid got accepted on Thu/Fri then the medical would, in fact, have been very quickly, however getting the press pack together would have taken longer as nothing could be sorted in advance during the previous stages which would usually take longer? 

Basically I think getting the photos/interviews done would have been short notice due to the nature of the deal and then we want to make sure it gets good engagement online due to it likely being our marquee signing of the season.

11 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

The reports of us agreeing a fee and him having a medical weren’t premature, they appear to have been accurate reports of the situation at the time.
Nowhere has it been officially reported or announced that we’ve concluded the deal, the reasons for a delay could be due to a number of factors, for now we’ve got a choice as fans to lean into the idle speculation or wait patiently for an announcement. Either it happens and we can all get behind the player, or it doesn’t and we move on, the world will keep turning either way. 

17 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

The reports of us agreeing a fee and him having a medical weren’t premature, they appear to have been accurate reports of the situation at the time.
Nowhere has it been officially reported or announced that we’ve concluded the deal, the reasons for a delay could be due to a number of factors, for now we’ve got a choice as fans to lean into the idle speculation or wait patiently for an announcement. Either it happens and we can all get behind the player, or it doesn’t and we move on, the world will keep turning either way. 

James Marsden GIF by SAG Awards