Who is the mystery free agent and is he still free?

sage

54 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

So all injuries bar Rooney of course, are back for Pompey ?

No. It's awful writing broken up by awful adverts.

"There's something out there that I think I could get," said Warne.

Whether I can get where that player wants me to get are two different things.

Jake Rooney has an injury, but Kane Wilson is not far from being back which is great. If you look at the players who are out they are not bad to be fair. Joe Ward, Kane, Thommo, Birdy. Sibs will be back this week. If we have the budget to bring in somebody else then great.

With that comes a player that probably hasn't trained for two or three months and you've then got to get them fit.

You don't want to throw them in, but fundamentally we may have to."

Edited by RoyMac5

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Am I googling the same one, says he played Rotherham United FC (20/01/2023 - 30/06/2023)?

I'd missed that! Yes, he played on loan from Brentford for Rotherham in the second half of last season. So not one of Warne's Rotherham players, but he has a connection. And Warne will have an inside track on him.

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

No. It's awful writing broken up by awful adverts.

"There's something out there that I think I could get," said Warne.

Whether I can get where that player wants me to get are two different things.

Jake Rooney has an injury, but Kane Wilson is not far from being back which is great. If you look at the players who are out they are not bad to be fair. Joe Ward, Kane, Thommo, Birdy. Sibs will be back this week. If we have the budget to bring in somebody else then great.

With that comes a player that probably hasn't trained for two or three months and you've then got to get them fit.

You don't want to throw them in, but fundamentally we may have to."

Thanks, really is an awfully layed out website 

Depends ultimately which formation Warne is going to hammer his flag to. 

If we’re playing 352 then we’re now in need of a central defender and right wingback. Although when Ward and Wilson are fit we have enough class in that position. 

Personally think the injuries have pushed us to play 4 at the back. In which case a right back may be priority. Ward apparently isn’t very good there, Wilson is an injury doubt and Smith won’t offer anything going forward. But 4 at the back means we have enough depth in central defence. 

Intrigued to see what formation and personal he uses in central midfield now as well. With a full squad 433 seems the way forward but doesn’t seem to be on PW list of go to formations.

Now we can’t shift Collins any chance of us bringing in a striker is dead until January.

4 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I'd missed that! Yes, he played on loan from Brentford for Rotherham in the second half of last season. So not one of Warne's Rotherham players, but he has a connection. And Warne will have an inside track on him.

The time at Oxford is the interesting bit. Thomas would be there at that time to. 

• 2 weeks later...