Cameron Humphreys

simmoram1995

21 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

"But Warne was quick to reject claims that he is weighing up a move for the 24-year-old before the transfer window deadline on September 1.

"Wow, that is amazing," he told Derbyshire Live. "I take full credit for signing Cameron Humphreys and he is an amazing centre-back.

"But I don't know if you noticed, I have quite a lot of centre-backs and I haven't got £1.5m.

Promoted Stories

"He's also playing in the Championship and is quite happy. If I had £1.5m to buy a player and I bought a centre-back when I need attacking players, I would sack myself!

"It would be the worst waste of money, but Cameron is an amazing player. Where the story has come from I don't know. There is zero truth in it, you'd be surprised to know."

He would say that wouldn’t he? Keeping his cards close to his chest.

At the fee being quoted I find this a strange one to believe. £1.5m is what I heard. Surely that money would get you a very good striker (Alfie May, Nombe) but with Cashin seemingly leaving, then there may be some truth in it. Just not at the numbers we have seen. 

3 minutes ago, 1884NSR said:

At the fee being quoted I find this a strange one to believe. £1.5m is what I heard. Surely that money would get you a very good striker (Alfie May, Nombe) but with Cashin seemingly leaving, then there may be some truth in it. Just not at the numbers we have seen. 

Warne has already said we're not in for him - read back through the thread.

5 minutes ago, 1884NSR said:

What you read you mean 😊