Eiran Cashin

Heisenberg

On 18/08/2023 at 23:28, Foreveram said:

We went to Stevenage last preseason.

Carlisle and Orient are new though.

Not for us long stayers. Seventh time to Carlisle for me since 1967 and the third time to Orient.

22 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

I meant new for this season.

So was Burton Albion and everybody else we play this season, including Stevenage. Sounds like nonsense. Have you been on the pop?

21 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

So was Burton Albion and everybody else we play this season, including Stevenage. Sounds like nonsense. Have you been on the pop?

We didn’t play Carlisle or Orient last season, we did play Burton and Stevenage last season. Yes, have you.

1 minute ago, Foreveram said:

We didn’t play Carlisle or Orient last season, we did play Burton and Stevenage last season. Yes, have you.

We didn't play Wigan, Reading or Blackpool last season so are you counting them as well. Is this a new format for ticking off grounds? It's usual to tick off grounds that you've never been too before, and no I haven't.

3 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

I'm more upset that NML is off to Saudi Arabia..

I'm more shocked than upset but I suppose I shouldn't be given the fake sheiks that were going to buy Derby County.

But then again was the manager trying to take the piss out of NML? He was out of order if he was. It really was a strange comment. If it was said as an attempt at humour it didn't make an impact for me.

9 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I'm more shocked than upset but I suppose I shouldn't be given the fake sheiks that were going to buy Derby County.

But then again was the manager trying to take the piss out of NML? He was out of order if he was. It really was a strange comment. If it was said as an attempt at humour it didn't make an impact for me.

I interpreted it as him saying "if a good enough offer comes in for anyone, things can change" since he was talking about no more outgoings. Saudi Arabia are just throwing money around, so the best example of silly offers that can't be refused.

Think it was just a throwaway remark, basically. 

1 minute ago, YorkshireRam said:

I interpreted it as him saying "if a good enough offer comes in for anyone, things can change" since he was talking about no more outgoings. Saudi Arabia are just throwing money around, so the best example of silly offers that can't be refused.

Think it was just a throwaway remark, basically. 

Was a compliment to NML if anything, that he would be a player that others would want. But yeah, some handwringing by people who didn’t listen to it. 

9 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I reckon, if you perceive the comment as “trying to take the p out of NML” you’re trying too hard to find ways to criticise what he says. I believe he just plucked NML’s name randomly as an experienced player nearing the end of his career who may be of interest to the Saudi teams. Pretty much proving the point that for the right offer, any player could be sold.

There are probably plenty of things I’d take issue with. This wasn’t one of them. Nothing to see here. Move on.

6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I reckon, if you perceive the comment as “trying to take the p out of NML” you’re trying too hard to find ways to criticise what he says. I believe he just plucked NML’s name randomly as an experienced player nearing the end of his career who may be of interest to the Saudi teams. Pretty much proving the point that for the right offer, any player could be sold.

There are probably plenty of things I’d take issue with. This wasn’t one of them. Nothing to see here. Move on.

Thank you judge.

On 16/08/2023 at 19:21, jameso said:

[Not to single you out but I don't know how to select multiple comments in one reply!]

It is possible that the Brighton link is nonsense, but Percy is usually pretty reliable.

I realise it isn't the best argument to say "IF Brighton want him then he must be good" (because maybe they don't... so then what: he isn't?)

But Cashin can't go from being a really promising player over the last 18 months to massively overrated after 4 games of this season.

There is an elephant somewhere in the room.

Cashin is a little slow [that's not the elephant] but in every other respect he is a very promising player. That is already clear, and interest from Brighton only adds a qualified opinion to that claim. If he goes, that will be a shame. If no-one else wants him because it turns out he's rubbish after all, that will be a surprise!

is it that type of elephant that wears a bobblehat ?

10 hours ago, Srg said:

Was a compliment to NML if anything, that he would be a player that others would want. But yeah, some handwringing by people who didn’t listen to it. 

if it’s not clear what the meaning is, comments like that can unsettle players   And even if it’s well intentioned, the player might get the wrong end of the stick. why does he just blurt these things out ? 

42 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

is it that type of elephant that wears a bobblehat ?

No, it's more of an elephantine system (or a systemic elephant?) preferred by someone who wears said bobblehat 😉