Is Warne living on borrowed time?

This got to page 15 quick. I doubt he’s on borrowed time with the owner, as we probably can’t even afford to sack him. However he’s probably getting there with more supporters after the last 2 games. 

Needs a positive result/performance on Saturday to steady the nerves and raise the confidence in that dressing room. Anymore performances like last nights first half and it will be very difficult to motivate this team back from the abyss

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

If it was 90% (did he say?) his fault then why did he need to through players under the bus? Maybe he didn't believe it was his fault?

He didn't quantify it like that, at least not in the bit I heard. He said he was to blame for some of it, and the players were to blame for other bits. In a performance of that kind of (negative) magnitude it can't really be either just the Manager or just the players, they all phoned it in.

I was surprised by the "heads turned" comment though, as that very publicly narrowed down the criticism to Bird and Cash. To me that seemed much more of a "heat of the moment" comment that he probably wishes he hadn't made in hindsight.

2 hours ago, The Last Post said:

It wasn't PW who was caught out it was Bradley, But it was PW with his high pressing game to where our players were a few yards inside our own half when the ball was lost.

PW has to accept some of the blame, Tactics play a major role if football as you well know, It's how you use those tactics that will define the 90+ mins in the game.

Yes i totally agree warne owns the tactics, the press, the high line, the overlapping centre halves .. which baffles me a bit

but we lost that game because of two uncharacteristic and shocking individual errors .. not cos of his tacitcs. 

i know what ur saying .. and partially agree but without those two stupid v avoidable errors we dont lose that game 

2 hours ago, Kokosnuss said:

Bradley didn't have all the time in the world. He was under pressure with a striker bearing down on him. He was hurried into making a decision. The more hurried a player is the more likely they are to make a mistake, I'm not sure what that concept seems so difficult to understand.

If you seriously want to pretend that the way a manager sets up his team doesn't have any influence on the positons a player finds himself in, the number of passing options available to them and the amount of pressure placed on them, then that's up to you.

We base our entire attacking strategy on it! Pressing as a team, applying pressure, forcing the opposition into mistakes... why even bother doing that if the way a team is set up has no influence?

Using that logic, I assume that Warne won't be praised for his tactics when we benefit from a mistake we've forced an opponent into?

Of course it does im not a retard

He was under minimal pressure, he wasnt being hounded.. he f***** up

it was a pass hes probably executed under more pressure 1000 times in his career

he will be the first to own it i can gurentee u that 

17 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Of course it does im not a retard

He was under minimal pressure, he wasnt being hounded.. he f***** up

it was a pass hes probably executed under more pressure 1000 times in his career

he will be the first to own it i can gurentee u that 

He will own it, but that still doesn't mean that Warne's way of playing didn't contribute to it happening, or limit our ability to recover the situation - which you've just confirmed, because as you rightly point out, you're not a retard.

That other bloke though... pulling out the "well I've actually played football" line 🤣

Edited by Kokosnuss

16 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

But if other clubs have bigger budgets we won't have a good enough one to get promoted then 

It's a good job we hired a promotion expert to give us a competitive edge over teams who may have a higher budget than us then, isn't it?

Or is the manager irrelevant, and the final league standings based on finances alone?

2 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

it's not 1 league game though is it, he's had about 50.

Apart from the initial 'bounce' when he first came in (which nearly all teams get with a new manager), we have just gradually got worse and worse. Even though he is adding more of 'his' players every window, we are still getting worse...

Prefer to start with a clean slate each season and we need to give him until Christmas minimum to see where we are. I’ve watched Derby since 1971 and have seen some superb football over the years. I will agree that we look disjointed and anaemic in attack right now and the recruitment has been unbalanced and unimaginative, but a few more additions could make a big difference.

10 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

The only person that matters is the one writing the cheques.  All the rest is restless noise. 

Clowes is one of our own and his probably having many of the same thoughts as the rest of us when in fan mode. He hasn’t got Mel’s trigger finger and can’t afford to have it.

6C4D626D-D9C0-404C-A35A-FCE57A60774F.gif

Edited by hintonsboots

17 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

It's a good job we hired a promotion expert to give us a competitive edge over teams who may have a higher budget than us then, isn't it?

Or is the manager irrelevant, and the final league standings based on finances alone?

Why does our budget keep getting mentioned when no one on here has a clue what it is 

1 hour ago, Kokosnuss said:

He will own it, but that still doesn't mean that Warne's way of playing didn't contribute to it happening, or limit our ability to recover the situation - which you've just confirmed, because as you rightly point out, you're not a retard.

That other bloke though... pulling out the "well I've actually played football" line 🤣

I know what ur saying and i get it 

but theres no way that c*** up by bradley is anything other than a mistake by him

the situation demanded a pretty basic pass back to the keeper which as i also said he will have done a 1000 times in his career and probably as many in his sleep

It was a pretty straightforward ball back.. it wasnt bounncing about, it was on the floor infront of him he had controlled it once and the next phase was routine .. weather he slipped , brain fart , legs got tied up i dont know but it was a simple pass that if i had failed to make on a tuesday kick around id be beating myself up about it for the next week

what i do share with u to a degree is that yes warnes tactics meant there was no cover.. but then u dont expect such a howler of a mistake because there was no imminent danger until bradley f***** up.. so rightly we had players committed looking to attack… being as we were in possession n all.

Edited by NottsRam77