Martyn Waghorn - signed a 1-year deal

trekkie_ram

5 hours ago, BLB said:

Would say ITK haha. Blackpool offered more money and didn’t train today. This has come from a youth player at the club. 

Not itk about anything but logically Waggy wouldn’t be training on a Friday before a match unless he was going to be in the squad, so if the deal isn’t done then he wouldn’t be there. It doesn’t mean blackpool haven’t offered more money but that might not be the only thing he’s considering and maybe he wants the weekend to think about it. Can’t blame him, it’s an important contract for him.

8 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

important to listen carefully to the long RD warne interview. He confirms that our owner’s caution and not the EFL is the reason for our lack of ambition in the window. DC has a duty to his wider family as custodian of their assets and we should expect nothing different. Fair play to him 

Booo.

Clowes out. Lacks ambition, not prepared to risk his family wealth on our club.

(Joking of course for anyone to whom it isn’t obvious).

9 hours ago, Kokosnuss said:

Wouldn't be surprised if we only offered him a 6 month deal tbh, I don't mean that as a negative reflection on us but he is only training with us by chance.

Almost never happens in the summer, so incredibly (near impossible levels of) unlikely that we’d only offer 6 months.

Be surprised if anything happens soon. PW is focused on the entire season not today’s or next week’s game. And more strikers will come available in the loan market.

There’s a slim chance Bird might fly :(    If he does, perhaps DC will allow (partial) reinvestment in a bigger name striker. PE might wait for that

If Bird stays and we don’t find a good loanee to play up front, maybe he’ll sign Waggy. The offer he’s put in for Waggy is probably derisory and not even fully formed - he might just want a hook in to keep Waggy’s head in our part of the E Midlands whilst it unfolds.  

Must be stressful, being an ageing footballer in search of a contract 

1 hour ago, DazzaRam said:

From what i was told last night hes decided to join Derby. Obviously Blackpool were in. 

Thanks for confirming. If so this would be a great bit of business from us. Versatile, hard working place who will fit in well at the club.

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Booo.

Clowes out. Lacks ambition, not prepared to risk his family wealth on our club.

(Joking of course for anyone to whom it isn’t obvious).

I had a good conversation with Mr Clowes yesterday and he talked about spending and ambition and then spoke about Lionel Pickering and said how he ended up virtually penniless and no one coming to visit him.

I don’t think he wants to be that guy.

20 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

I had a good conversation with Mr Clowes yesterday and he talked about spending and ambition and then spoke about Lionel Pickering and said how he ended up virtually penniless and no one coming to visit him.

I don’t think he wants to be that guy.

A sad end to a local man that did his best, Those that know are aware what a family member did when Lionel lost his money, DC will better take note, If/when DCFC get promoted he'd better sell as fans will expect something that DCs money can not buy...success.

Coventry splurged their EFL money on one player at £7.7million, Fans are impatient and if promoted will expect the same.

Enjoy the game folks 👍 

11 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

A sad end to a local man that did his best, Those that know are aware what a family member did when Lionel lost his money, DC will better take note, If/when DCFC get promoted he'd better sell as fans will expect something that DCs money can not buy...success.

Coventry splurged their EFL money on one player at £7.7million, Fans are impatient and if promoted will expect the same.

Enjoy the game folks 👍 

Mind you,they did get approx,£17m from the sale of Gyokeres