Women's World Cup

therealhantsram

Controlled and cohesive England Vs highly aggressive Columbia with some dangerous players themselves.

Given the ref has decided to let a lot of Columbia's "physicality" (being kind) go it's pretty even going into the second half. Can't help but think if the ref had stamped down on that England would be comfortable.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Controlled and cohesive England Vs highly aggressive Columbia with some dangerous players themselves.

Given the ref has decided to let a lot of Columbia's "physicality" (being kind) go it's pretty even going into the second half. Can't help but think if the ref had stamped down on that England would be comfortable.

Yes, not even bookings that would have made England feel better about holding the ball and if necessary getting hacked.

12 minutes ago, Srg said:

Refs been awful. Been at least 3 yellow card offences ignored so far. 

I do think some of the officials have not been up to it, to be honest. That said, very few of the officials in the women's game will have experienced anything like 70,000 baying Aussies. Another poster posed the question, are Australians really interested in women's football. I think they have their answer!

1 minute ago, Comrade 86 said:

Quality finish that. Fair's fair, that was top notch.

Thought it was ok. The control and original pass was better I thought.

Odd first tackle that let her in, then the covering defender ran across and didn't even stick a leg out to stop the shot, never mind slide. 

13 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Think that's a pretty harsh assessment tbh. Keeper clanger, sure, but plenty of quality on show too. 

There are plenty of flashes of great skill but I think there are an awful lot of errors too. Colombian striker looks strong and decent, properly puts herself about.