Women's World Cup

therealhantsram

12 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Thought it was ok. The control and original pass was better I thought.

Odd first tackle that let her in, then the covering defender ran across and didn't even stick a leg out to stop the shot, never mind slide. 

There are plenty of flashes of great skill but I think there are an awful lot of errors too. Colombian striker looks strong and decent, properly puts herself about.

Donald Trump Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Our girls were running on fumes from the 70th minute, but more than good value for the win across the 90. I like the way they kept their discipline under some pretty heavy-handed challenges. Likewise, that was probably the most partisan crowd I've seen at a women's tourny too and I think they coped really well with the pressure. 

Australia in the semi-final will be fiercely contested too and the atmosphere at the ground will be electric. I don't think there'll be too much between the teams, though I reckon we'll sneak a win. As for the final, nobody seems to be talking about them, but the team I fear most is Japan. Their dismantling of Spain was perhaps the most impressive display I've ever seen from any women's team and I suspect they'll be tough to beat.

35 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Our girls were running on fumes from the 70th minute, but more than good value for the win across the 90. I like the way they kept their discipline under some pretty heavy-handed challenges. Likewise, that was probably the most partisan crowd I've seen at a women's tourny too and I think they coped really well with the pressure. 

Australia in the semi-final will be fiercely contested too and the atmosphere at the ground will be electric. I don't think there'll be too much between the teams, though I reckon we'll sneak a win. As for the final, nobody seems to be talking about them, but the team I fear most is Japan. Their dismantling of Spain was perhaps the most impressive display I've ever seen from any women's team and I suspect they'll be tough to beat.

The other semi is between Spain and Sweden.😁 

So Japan will be impossible to beat, because they won't be there.

Just now, Comrade 86 said:

It's been a good half of football. I think we're value for the lead, but I'd dearly love another goal to create a cushion.

Hemp has been excellent and Bronze defensively looks a lot sharper as for me, she's been off her super high standards thus far in this tournament.

Quite nervous! 😂

The Australian side are dangerous no doubt - I'm sure there's no one thinking a one nil will do it.