Woman manager at Forest

oomarkwright

It’ll be interesting to see if they make her permanent manager.  Football is probably the only sport where it’s perceived that you have to have been a top player to be a top manager.  There are many examples where that isn’t the case such as Bobby Moore, Bobby Charlton, Bryan Robson, arguably Frank Lampard.  And other examples where a lower league player has had a successful management career like Arsene Wenger, Jose Mourinho and maybe even Neil Warnock.

It’s about leadership, coaching, motivational skills and obviously knowing the game.  I’ve always been impressed with Emma Hayes and I think she could do a really good job in the mens game.  But will a Prem or Champ club take the leap?

Good for her. I think this is how a woman will get a job in men's football. If women come through the academy or manage a B team and then have a shot at the first team. I know many people like Emma Hayes, and whilst she's a guru of women's football, I think anyone going between women's and men's will have such a tough time. They're akin to alternative sports because of the differences in athleticism between women and men. Good luck to her! 

54 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Good for her. I think this is how a woman will get a job in men's football. If women come through the academy or manage a B team and then have a shot at the first team. I know many people like Emma Hayes, and whilst she's a guru of women's football, I think anyone going between women's and men's will have such a tough time. They're akin to alternative sports because of the differences in athleticism between women and men. Good luck to her! 

Hannah Dingley will be an experiment and cheap, Experiment because Dale Vince does things differently...innovative? sustainable? or maybe because his Mother was a Woman, Cheap because Big Dunc didn't come cheaply after spunking him a 5 year contract.

Now her biggest job is to be accepted by the players, If Hannah starts well in league2 she'll be given a decent contract, If she fails then it's back to the academy, Vince will have to be putting up his Gas prices as attendances at FGR aren't going to keep Vince in Vegan pies   

4 hours ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

It’s about leadership, coaching, motivational skills and obviously knowing the game.  I’ve always been impressed with Emma Hayes and I think she could do a really good job in the mens game.  But will a Prem or Champ club take the leap?

I severely doubt it. She was linked with the Wimbledon job and referred to it as an "insult". As a club owner, why shortlist her just to receive a lecture about how insignificant your club is and how even considering her for the role is somehow disrespectful?

The Manageress, ………..Channel 4 1989-1990

A woman takes over as the manager of a football team.

Benson seeks to update the diets of her players, much to their dismay and disbelief, introducing an approach to “refuelling “ that had more to do with continental expertise, than fish and chips and twenty Woodbine.

Years before Arsene Wenger and his boiled chicken n pasta theory!😃

spacer.png

4 hours ago, Anon said:

I severely doubt it. She was linked with the Wimbledon job and referred to it as an "insult". As a club owner, why shortlist her just to receive a lecture about how insignificant your club is and how even considering her for the role is somehow disrespectful?

What she said was that it was an insult to women's football to suggest that AFC Wimbledon would be a 'step up' for her from managing Chelsea.

i hope she does well as it may create a pathway for others.

there are lots of differences between the man and womans game, but managers.... it is irrelevant who you are.

if you are a good manager of people and know the game, gender doesnt matter you can be a success. thats proven in loads of male managers that have never even played the game before.

On 05/07/2023 at 11:19, Anon said:

agree, i have never liked Emma Hayes attitude towards the mens game and taking jobs. she coulhave had a good job that could act as a stepping stone and be a real role model for woman coaches, instead she opts to stay at the top of the womans game and make snarky comments about not getting top jobs in the mens game.

it's a completely different ball game, its for her to prove otherwise - not expect everything given to you on a silver platter. you can file sol campbell under that, constantly moaning about not getting jobs - maybe its because of your personality not your race or gender.

Edited by alram

On 05/07/2023 at 16:17, AutoWindscreens said:

What she said was that it was an insult to women's football to suggest that AFC Wimbledon would be a 'step up' for her from managing Chelsea.

i am a huge advocate at the womans game, i often go to womans games with my granddaughter and its a great experience.

but the mens professional game is still a step up. that is proven in terms of revenues & average attendences. the womans game can produce some good numbers for specific games (at very cheap prices), but the big picture over a season the attendences are still poor & the game is propped up by bigger sides bankrolled by the mens teams.