Thread for opinionated numpties who follow other teams and feel the need to invade a forum called DCFC fans (clue is in the name) as they think they are so clever

CBRammette

As someone that moderates this forum, here are my unwritten until now thinking.

Away fans are welcome on this forum

BUT

If you join and in your first posts be abusive, throw personal insults, bump old posts taking the piss, you will get banned immediately.

To be fair, that applies to anyone, Derby fan or Forest.

What they must understand is this is a community, members have built up online relationships where they have that understanding.

Fans, Derby or not, that come on, join in with discussions and ease themselves, almost earn the right to have a bit of a laugh and take the piss within forum rules are fine.

We did at one point move fans into an away fan group that only had permissions to post in Football Forum but it was unfair to those who can contribute sensibly.

1 hour ago, RodleyRam said:

You've just described my experience of dating 10 years ago

Glenn Close GIF

We were explaining to my teenage son where the phrase bunny-boiler came from at weekend. Funny how phrases come into normal speech such that eventually noone knows why eventually

34 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

I feel like I've missed the context of this thread...

I was trying to catch up on transfer gossip in a gap at work but just ending up reading posts from a bristol city fan saying how much better they were than us and I had a rant with the title. I'm female so that's as much context as there is. 

2 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

I was trying to catch up on transfer gossip in a gap at work but just ending up reading posts from a bristol city fan saying how much better they were than us and I had a rant with the title. I'm female so that's as much context as there is. 

Do you have any recipes for rabbit stew😂

31 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Ah yes, I did see that one.

I didn't think they were too bad to be fair - considerably better than WalkleyOwl 😂

I agree completely with David's approach to this. I think some debate and reasonable banter is perfectly OK and in fact think the forum would be poorer if away fans were blanket banned. Equally, lots of pointless confrontational and abusive posting just invites an immediate ban. No problem with that at all.

I do actually like to hear what reasonable, sensible fans of other teams think because they may for example have a different take on a player's performance than we do and as long as it isn't just trolling then it can add a different perspective and they may also for example add some honest assessment to a debate over the merits of one of their players that we are trying to sign.

I am also one of those folk who likes to browse opposition forums in the run up to and aftermath of our games to see how they view us and our likely threat and see whether they changes their opinion after the game or whether they were impressed with a particular player or felt that we deserved the win or whatever. I don't however hang about on other teams forums apart from that because frankly most of their postings are of zero interest.

I have on version rare occasions created an account on another forum where there is an ongoing subject between clubs or where the content is blocked unless you sign in with a valid account, so guests have very limited or non-existent access. Where I have done that I am always mindful about being fairly respectful because otherwise you'll waste a few posts and get banned anyway, plus I might be looking to get a genuine answer to a question. If you wade in and needlessly and deliberately try to antagonise people then no sensible exchange is going to happen which renders the whole thing pointless anyway and a ban will never be far away.

I do prefer if any posters from other teams are just up front about their allegiances though, either through user name or just being open and honest. I have been on a site where as part of registration you have to declare your team and you get a flag to that effect so people can choose to engage with you or not I guess.

3 hours ago, Alty_Ram said:

I do prefer if any posters from other teams are just up front about their allegiances though, either through user name or just being open and honest. I have been on a site where as part of registration you have to declare your team and you get a flag to that effect so people can choose to engage with you or not I guess.

I could look at implementing that on this forum. Wouldn't be a problem.

The out and out Trolls would still select Derby though, can be quite difficult to identify at times.

Just now, David said:

I could look at implementing that on this forum. Wouldn't be a problem.

The out and out Trolls would still select Derby though, can be quite difficult to identify at times.

I think it's a good suggestion.  As Admin, if you get anyone particularly trolling who has clearly lied about their team, could you not either change the badge to show something like "non-Ram",  or of course, just block them.  

2 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

I think it's a good suggestion.  As Admin, if you get anyone particularly trolling who has clearly lied about their team, could you not either change the badge to show something like "non-Ram",  or of course, just block them.  

We could, however if they lied, that would suggest to me they only have one intention.

5 hours ago, BucksRam said:

Perhaps change their badge to a “turkeys head” so we would know?