• Last Reply

Most active in this topic

35 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Some Spurs fans in front of me cheering Jamie Donley Spurs  No 10 

Just made goal with great cross. 
1-0 Spurs

Pity we don’t have team sheets 

Cockney accents not helping either

Have they told you to duck off down the apple and pears yet David? Do you want me to interpret for you?

Edited by Brailsford Ram

Decent effort but clearly shattered after about 70 minutes and couldn't take advantage of some opportunities on the break. Front 3 all did some good (or v good ) stuff in the first hour but never really looked like scoring tbh. Their number 5 was able to run straight through our midfield from CB a few times.  Thought it was noticeable that our midfield couldn't keep up the pace but no surprise really given Johnson's an old man in there.

Not sure where our LB went for the 2 goals. Possibly a hint of offside?

Fapetu still hasn't had a.good game any time I've seen him.

Was our no. 12 the kid from Rangers? Thought he was poor.

Edited by Kokosnuss

Radcliffe been training all week removed from squad today. My opinion we looked much stronger than last year and contained a Spurs team top of PL2 who beat Man City 5-0 and Newcastle 4-1. Richards looks like he’s regaining his form, losing Bardell was a blow but we still need to be more clinical in final 3rd. 

Still a young u21 side but they did very well tonight. 

22 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Their number 5 was able to run straight through our midfield from CB a few times.  Thought it was noticeable that our midfield couldn't keep up the pace but no surprise really given Johnson's an old man in there.

And people say they can’t see a link between the academy and the first team?! 🙄 

I am of course only joking!

22 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Decent effort but clearly shattered after about 70 minutes and couldn't take advantage of some opportunities on the break. Front 3 all did some good (or v good ) stuff in the first hour but never really looked like scoring tbh. Their number 5 was able to run straight through our midfield from CB a few times.  Thought it was noticeable that our midfield couldn't keep up the pace but no surprise really given Johnson's an old man in there.

Not sure where our LB went for the 2 goals. Possibly a hint of offside?

Fapetu still hasn't had a.good game any time I've seen him.

Was our no. 12 the kid from Rangers? Thought he was poor.

A very negative view in light of the progress made in the academy this year. Do you not have anything encouraging or positive to say about the academy or any of the young players in it? Do you take any interest usually in the academy or was your visit tonight a one-off? I hope the latter and if what you have to say is your typical outlook you stay away in future.

25 minutes ago, ExiledinDerby said:

Radcliffe been training all week removed from squad today. My opinion we looked much stronger than last year and contained a Spurs team top of PL2 who beat Man City 5-0 and Newcastle 4-1. Richards looks like he’s regaining his form, losing Bardell was a blow but we still need to be more clinical in final 3rd. 

Still a young u21 side but they did very well tonight. 

Do you know why? We wondered why he wasn't there.

Regarding midfield,  Robinson was a big miss when he had to drop into the back four to cover for Max.

We did tire and Evans made a string of fine saves to keep the score respectable.  

Brown worked his socks off but got little service second half. Richards bright but faded. Don't know the Spurs team apart from Harvey White, of course, but they looked quite a bit older than us. 

I thought there might have been an offside in the build up to the second goal but the linesman was up with play so unlikely. 

I enjoyed the game overall and it's good to see us being more competitive against a top team. 

40 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

A very negative view in light of the progress made in the academy this year. Do you not have anything encouraging or positive to say about the academy or any of the young players in it? Do you take any interest usually in the academy or was your visit tonight a one-off? I hope the latter and if what you have to say is your typical outlook you stay away in future.

Watched plenty of U21 games both in person and in RamsTV when they were easily accessible thanks.

It's not meant as a negative view overall, apologies if it sounded like that. I thought the front 3 were very bright, Brown showed all the reasons why he's got a pro contract (and a couple why he may not quite be ready).

We competed well for much of the match and it was very even until they scored. At that point I thought a victory would flatter them but as the game wore on it was evident how much more quality and energy they had over us - not that it was unexpected, but the drop-off from us in that last 20 minutes was severe and if it wasn't for Evans the scoreline would have made it look like an emphatic win, despite the previous 70 mins.

"Stay away in future"? Reminds me of last season where your arrogance and sanctimony dismissed the views of any critical eye cast on Warne's management and you said something along the lines of "one day you'll be able to spot a manager" and said that his doubters should keep their opinions to themselves... yet your recent posts on that subject seem to have veered towards a more cautious approach - and that's all I'm doing with the above

It was a good effort, rather than a decent one but the rest of the analysis is unaffected.

Edited by Kokosnuss

29 minutes ago, angieram said:

Do you know why? We wondered why he wasn't there.

I‘m told it’s because he will be first team squad tomorrow. He’s been excellent imo so far this season and deserves that chance. 

1 hour ago, Stuniverse said:

Thanks for the footage. Slightly odd that the Spurs chances have three replays, including from behind the goal, but the Rams chances only have two replays (the same footage twice). Second goal well onside. As @Jubbssays, the first is tight, but when I freeze-framed it I'd say the attacker is onside. And I think attack should be given the benefit of the doubt. But from these highights we look competitive, and that's a credit to everyone involved after everything we've been through.