Academy thread 23/24

IlsonDerby

33 minutes ago, Stuniverse said:

...As you say, U21 games have usually been played on Mondays with the occasional Friday game.

Looking at this season's U21 fixture list ( https://www.dcfc.co.uk/fixtures?team=32&competition=&season=&home_away=&display= ) there's less consistency as to when the home games (and away games) are scheduled.

The two main changes I'm aware of are the new format of PL2 (this probably means the 20 PL2 matches need to be played earlier, to allow for the Top 16 knockout phase at the end of the season) and the U21s entry into the Central League. Both of these, I expect, have created fixture congestion with two games a week (like this week) on a more regular basis.

I guess that means unless the Prem change their transmission rules we won't see a live PL2 game very often?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Evans

Moore.      Bardell.     Cox.     Hawkins 

Johnson.   Fapetu.  Robinson

Gibson-Hammond.  Brown.    Richards

Edited by Guest
Wrong player

3 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Playing well 0-0 HT 

Yes, enjoyable game. Hope Bardell is okay, was playing well.

Brown giving the Spurs defenders a tough time. Carlos Richards looking useful too - what he lacks in height he makes up for in effort. Harvey White has had to be on his toes against him! 

Their number 8 looks useful. 

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

Yes, enjoyable game. Hope Bardell is okay, was playing well.

Brown giving the Spurs defenders a tough time. Carlos Richards looking useful too - what he lacks in height he makes up for in effort. Harvey White has had to be on his toes against him! 

Their number 8 looks useful. 

Some Spurs fans in front of me cheering Thornley Spurs No 10 

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Donley? Scored 16 and assisted 6 in 18 games for their U18s in 21/22. Then 5 goals and 5 assists in 6 games last season. Struggled to step up to U21 football though.

Made by Jamie Donley No 10

Edited by Curtains

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Donley? Scored 16 and assisted 6 in 18 games for their U18s in 21/22. Then 5 goals and 5 assists in 6 games last season. Struggled to step up to U21 football though.

Yes Donley . Can’t understand why no team sheets 

41 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Some Spurs fans in front of me cheering Thornley Spurs No 10 

Give them a kick and before they get the chance to fight back, tell them you knew Dave Mackay. They'll leave you alone for sure. But just don't mention what he thought about your opinions on football and you'll be okay 😂.