Pre-Season Friendlies 2023/24

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

DT:

Absentees

Conor Washington is working on his rehab so not risked. Korey Smith, Kane Wilson, Louie Sibley, Callum Elder and Tom Barkhuizen all have slight issues.

Bradley Johnson

He is on the bench for Derby tonight, but it must be stressed that he is not registered for the first team this season. He is purely here to help build his fitness because he will be playing for the under-21s next season.

Thought we'd get this explanation out early as to why he is on the bench.

God Roy, you areso effing sensible. And there was me thinking Warne has decided to see if he’s still got enough legs. 
yeah, you’re right, I know !  but it would be funny if there was an injury crisis at some point. 

Just now, enachops said:

That squad tonight highlights how far we are off a team squad that is needed for top 2. Hardly any attacking options.

Also, we have picked up a lot of knocks/fitness issues. I know it’s inevitable during pre season. But to have about 5/6 out already seems quite high. Have they pushed them too hard? 

They’re not proper injuries, just no point in risking them. Am sure if was a league game most of them would be fit.

agree on the squad looking well short though.

Just now, Rich3478 said:

They’re not proper injuries, just no point in risking them. Am sure if was a league game most of them would be fit.

agree on the squad looking well short though.

Probably not. But we seem to have more than previous years this year. The more games they miss in pre season, the less match fit they’ll be in 3 weeks.

33 minutes ago, jono said:

God Roy, you areso effing sensible. And there was me thinking Warne has decided to see if he’s still got enough legs. 
yeah, you’re right, I know !  but it would be funny if there was an injury crisis at some point. 

Lol, that's a quote from Derby Telegraph. I'd get him signed up for emergencies! 😉 But not as a CDM.

2 weeks on Saturday until the big kick off and we are at least a couple of attackers light.

I don't like the excuse of the window being open for another few weeks, you can find yourself 10 points adrift by the time players are signed and up to speed with Warneball.

Hopefully something happens soon.

In a way, glad Collins missed the pen. Light the fires to get a couple more strikers in up top. Can’t rely on this guy from August to May, no chance.