Pre-Season Friendlies 2023/24

7 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

If it's anything like the Matlock game it'll be available to view in full whether you paid a fiver or not when they put the 90 mins up in a day or so. That's my plan anyway, and if it doesn't work... well I've not missed much have I.

No but it does mean that I’m a better fan than you 

😉

Edited by Nuwtfly

16 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Kicking off at midday in a southern Mediterranean heatwave to practice a high-intensity pressing game?

What could possibly go wrong?

You wouldn't exercise dogs in this heat but footballers are expected to go out there and run like greyhounds. It's some macho thing that I just don't understand. 

4 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

TBH, 1st 30, I think they look a bit more energetic and sharper

You have seen the absolute slaughtering that the squad has been put through this week? Hard to judge when you don’t know what both teams have done training wise leading up to the game. 

Wasn't a criticism,  just an observation,  but last 5 we seem to have stepped up a bit.

Assume with the heat that each team will have spells in control, but generally I thought they were running harder 1st 30. But they also have a full bench to swap out, half ours will be pacing themselves as need to play 75-90 mins probably 

Very Impressed with Rooney/Bardell and Robinson. Rooney is built for that cleaning up roll in the midfield, and Robinson definitely has a bit of all round class. Bardell looks very solid for his age.

We lack creativity, which is to be expected without the obvious players in our team, but I'm happy with the younger players so far.