Summer Rumour Mill

sage

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Interesting suggestions Simmo, are any of them from your ITK source so actual rumours 😊

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Interesting suggestions Simmo, are any of them from your ITK source so actual rumours 😊

Sadly not just me being resourceful I think if we got flint in we could move Forsyth over to LB /LWB to cover for Elder 

As Wilson can cover the RWB or LWB if desperate.

get Festy on loan for RWB competition plus power and pace in the side 

now say we sold Bird for £2.5-3m plus we might be able to possibly get a striker for a small fee + Sharp so say a league 1, non league striker . maybe get a midfielder as part of bird deal + wages for 2 extra players .

say we have a final budget of £800k including wages add bird to that we might now have budget of plus £1m giving us more wiggle room.

as my source said probably 5 players we are after with bird potentially going I see that figure remaining as I think we’ll get 1 maybe 2 as part of the hull deal 

25 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Sadly not just me being resourceful I think if we got flint in we could move Forsyth over to LB /LWB to cover for Elder 

As Wilson can cover the RWB or LWB if desperate.

get Festy on loan for RWB competition plus power and pace in the side 

now say we sold Bird for £2.5-3m plus we might be able to possibly get a striker for a small fee + Sharp so say a league 1, non league striker . maybe get a midfielder as part of bird deal + wages for 2 extra players .

say we have a final budget of £800k including wages add bird to that we might now have budget of plus £1m giving us more wiggle room.

as my source said probably 5 players we are after with bird potentially going I see that figure remaining as I think we’ll get 1 maybe 2 as part of the hull deal 

I'd be a) gobsmacked and b) VERY disappointed if Bird went. 

4 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I see no value in selling Bird if we can’t reinvest. 

If we can reinvest in an exciting CM and exciting Striker then it makes sense if he has no intention of extending his stay with us but otherwise I’d say roll the dice with a tribunal next summer. He’s still under 24. 

Agree , if the money the sale would generate can't be reinvested to strengthen then why weaken the squad .  Thought he'd been looking better in pre season According to reports or have I got it wrong ?

13 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I see no value in selling Bird if we can’t reinvest. 

If we can reinvest in an exciting CM and exciting Striker then it makes sense if he has no intention of extending his stay with us but otherwise I’d say roll the dice with a tribunal next summer. He’s still under 24. 

Couldn’t agree more especially at stoke everything went through him that was good and he was also good against Sheffield United. Without being able to spend the money I don’t see the point when he’s crucial to our push as we’d still get compo next season anyways. At least knights money has probably paid towards some keys players wages for the season. 

if on the other hand we got 2.5 million and we could reinvest the lost the. That’s a different story. That way if you got us a nombe and Owen moxon or Brannigan I’d probably seek him 

10 minutes ago, dcfcjj said:

Ryan Woods coming the other way would make sense. Midfielder for a midfielder, refuse to believe we’d go into Saturday having sold Bird with no replacement 

Any player coming in from now until the end of the week probably doesn't start on Saturday anyway.

So we'd still end up going in with some combination of Hourihane, Smith, Robinson/Thompson.

43 minutes ago, angieram said:

Cheers for trying to unsettle him Liam!

I don’t think Hull have the money to be able to afford him.

The only way I can see this happening is if it was cash plus a couple of players, but I’m not sure who they have that they’d be willing to let go, we’d want and could afford.

Edited by Ramarena

12 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Cheers for trying to unsettle him Liam!

I don’t think Hull have the money to be able to afford him.

The only way I can see this happening is if it was cash plus a couple of players, but I’m not sure who they have that they’d be willing to let go, we’d want and could afford.

Hull do have some money under their new Turkish ownership so I wouldn't doubt they can afford him - plus they seem confident in signing him. £3m + £20-30k a week in wages wouldn't be a problem for them. Sayyadmanesh, Seri and Tufan (who were signed last year) will be all on mega money - not to mention the likes of Darlow, Connelly and others they brought in on loan.

9 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Hull do have some money under their new Turkish ownership so I wouldn't doubt they can afford him - plus they seem confident in signing him. £3m + £20-30k a week in wages wouldn't be a problem for them. Sayyadmanesh, Seri and Tufan (who were signed last year) will be all on mega money - not to mention the likes of Darlow, Connelly and others they brought in on loan.

Fair point.

I’d forgotten they’d changed ownership.

Randomly had a Shrewsbury fan asking me if I'd heard anything from my Derby supporting colleagues about a bid for Daniel Udoh.
Absolutely nothing heard when asking around. Thought I'd just pop it on here in case others have.

Edit - don't know if it's off the back of those odds rumours about Collins going to Shrewsbury. Probably nothing in it.

Edited by CaptainOx

2 minutes ago, CaptainOx said:

Randomly had a Shrewsbury fan asking me if I'd heard anything from my Derby supporting colleagues about a bid for Daniel Udoh.
Absolutely nothing heard when asking around. Thought I'd just pop it on here in case others have.

I saw someone on the Shrewsbury messageboard wondering if a swap deal (Udoh for Collins + cash) was on the cards, as a way of making sense of the Collins rumour.  I think that's all it was though.  And since the Collins rumour is almost certainly nonsense, I suspect this is too.

6 minutes ago, CaptainOx said:

Edit - don't know if it's off the back of those odds rumours about Collins going to Shrewsbury. Probably nothing in it.

Missed majority of last season with an ACL

1 minute ago, duncanjwitham said:

I saw someone on the Shrewsbury messageboard wondering if a swap deal (Udoh for Collins + cash) was on the cards, as a way of making sense of the Collins rumour.  I think that's all it was though.  And since the Collins rumour is almost certainly nonsense, I suspect this is too.

I'd like to think our transfer plan isn't trading our painfully average goalscorer with another team for a player with a significantly worse record and then giving them money to boot. I think that would tip me over the edge. 

It's taken Udoh 121 games to get to 21 goals in League One - that is foul. 

3 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Not a BS report, Rosenior said he’s bid for two players and there local reporter reckons bird is definitely one of them. And 2.5 million is 500k more than knight. I believe bird is a better player and also now worth more to us than knight was as we’re lighter in midfield.

Thanks for the info. I hadn't really looked into the story, I just assumed it was BS. Yes please at 2.5 million, although I doubt it would be anywhere near that unless Hull have stupid money to burn. If they had stupid money, then I'm sure they would be going for someone better than Bird.