Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 2023

2 hours ago, Raich Carter said:

And about 1.3 million non-British players. Not sure if PW is looking at those tho.

Steven Caulker is class at this level but a) prob big wages and b) has some significant personal issues that he may or not be on top of.

Listened to Caulkers under the cosh interview. Don’t think he has problems as bad as many people think from the outside. 

50 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Looks like Jamie McGrath might be an option for midfield.

Would be good to get Ryan Tunnicliffe too, plus Godden.

I would then be more confident about the coming season 😊

Godden won’t be coming robins wants to keep him 

1 minute ago, simmoram1995 said:

Please no if we signed Sharp as well wasn’t he the person the drunk derby fans mistook Sharp for and started all this bad blood? 

That was Ched Evans, who was eventually found not guilty and got a £800k settlement from his original legal representatives.

On 29/07/2023 at 09:43, Anag Ram said:

Was there anything in the rumour linking us with Ryan Tunnicliffe?

He’d be handy.

Tunnicliffe is slower than Bird and Smith. The missing component in our CM is pace. 

Before anyone jumps at me I’m not actually suggesting we should sign him because I think it would be counter productive to the way we want to play, but with the struggle to sign a striker at what point does Warne look at someone like Chris Martin? 17 goals and 6 assists in the league across the last 2 seasons, in comparison Rhodes has 8 goals and 3 assists and Waghorn has 3 goals and 2 assists, Sharp has 16 goals and 8 assists, though you could argue he was playing in the best team out of all of them. We’ve already tried for Rhodes, according to some might go for Billy Sharp, and Waghorn has been on trial, I think out of all of them Waghorn probably suits our style best if you take overall goal contributions out of the equation. I think with all the mitigating circumstances and his age I’d be very opposed to Sharp, and Rhodes looks like a no go. By the way I think Martin would want more than we can offer, but just some food for thought, again I don’t think we should sign him, not opposed to the suggestion of Lyle Taylor though.

3 minutes ago, JustOneBiblicalKazim said:

Before anyone jumps at me I’m not actually suggesting we should sign him because I think it would be counter productive to the way we want to play, but with the struggle to sign a striker at what point does Warne look at someone like Chris Martin? 17 goals and 6 assists in the league across the last 2 seasons, in comparison Rhodes has 8 goals and 3 assists and Waghorn has 3 goals and 2 assists, Sharp has 16 goals and 8 assists, though you could argue he was playing in the best team out of all of them. We’ve already tried for Rhodes, according to some might go for Billy Sharp, and Waghorn has been on trial, I think out of all of them Waghorn probably suits our style best if you take overall goal contributions out of the equation. I think with all the mitigating circumstances and his age I’d be very opposed to Sharp, and Rhodes looks like a no go. By the way I think Martin would want more than we can offer, but just some food for thought, again I don’t think we should sign him, not opposed to the suggestion of Lyle Taylor though.

Never. 

Next suggestion please

9 minutes ago, JustOneBiblicalKazim said:

Again I also don’t think we should sign him, I just asked if Warne looks at someone like him on a free at some stage, considering we’re clearly struggling to sign a striker 

Yeah, I know exactly what you're saying, and I'm still saying never. He already categorically said no to him last year specifically. He doesn't suit his style, and Warne isn't going to sign a body for the sake of a body. He would rather play Dejaune Brown than Martin, quite rightly too, as he has some attributes we actually want. The sooner he retires the sooner this boring subject ends.

19 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Lyle Taylor 👀 on a free but offers something different to what we have & would score goals at this level imo

Mentioned him a while back, we’ve not had a loveable rogue since Savage, someone that properly winds the opposition up, im all for it.

20 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Mentioned him a while back, we’ve not had a loveable rogue since Savage, someone that properly winds the opposition up, im all for it.

Might be wrong but thought I had seen recently that he had signed on loan somewhere, maybe getting him mixed up though…