Sheffield Wednesday (A) Sun 7th May, 12:00 KO

1 minute ago, IlsonDerby said:

It is his fault! Unlike our fans on here Davies knows the rules of the game and if you’re judged to have ‘pulled’ someone back it is a red card because there is no genuine attempt To win the ball like if he’d slid in and caught their player as an example. 

He should have used his experience to accept the goal and go again with 11 men

Oh f*** off, never a foul, never a penalty, and never a sending off

4 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Never a penalty in a million years, players diving and the ref cannot wait to give the decision against us yet again as per so many times this season. 

I would stake my mortgage that if this happened down at their end our player would be booked for diving.

oh come on it was a penalty every day of the week, you cant be the wrong side of a striker in the box and not expect to give one away

completely niave from curtis who is supposed to be an experienced player

the red card is debatable though, but we are starting to sound like blaming everything on the refs which comes across as childish

Should have just cleared it instead of playing a hospital pass back to wildsmith

It was a soft pen. But if that happened at the other end we'd want a pen & a red card. Although with the standard off reffing if it did happen at the other end it'd probably be a free kick the other way 

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

There is no double penalty rule. You don’t get sending off and peno as well. And it wasn’t a peno anyway.

I beg you read the rules ffs. The no double

jeopardy applies only To ‘genuine attempts to win the ball’ which grappling (it wasn’t a penalty in my opinion) doesn’t fall into. 

1 minute ago, BriggRam said:

Oh f*** off, never a foul, never a penalty, and never a sending off

I agree with this but ffs open your eyes. Does any of that situation happen without his attitude error? 

Just now, G-Ram said:

Should have just cleared it instead of playing a hospital pass back to wildsmith

It was a soft pen. But if that happened at the other end we'd want a pen & a red card. Although with the standard off reffing if it did happen at the other end it'd probably be a free kick the other way 

Definitely this. If it were the other way round I’d be grumbling “wait for him to effect the game against us when he shouldn’t even be on the pitch”.

Mistake was Davies’, not the ref’s.