Derby impossible wish lists

CBRammette

Someone jokingly (well think they were joking) mentioned on a thread the other day they still want us to be promoted with Martin scoring the winner with Mac 4 as head coach.

This twitter thread matches my impossible wish being that a huge player announces (while still fit enough to play) that he has always been a Ram and his last contract will be on tiny wages at Derby to get them back where they belong out of pure love for the club. 

I have a, ok I admit rather sad, dream that a world class player (or if I'm reall being greedy preferrably several) comes to Derby for free, not wanting to be paid for anything as tawdry as money, but just for the warm glow of doing good works. A bit like one of those pro bono lawyers in a crime thriller defending someone wrongly accused of a crime (or were they wrongly accused... plot twist...).

They've won their globe trotting trophies and earned more money than they and their family needs for the rest of their lives. Now for the real challenge. Play for Derby!

2 hours ago, WestKentRam said:

I have a, ok I admit rather sad, dream that a world class player (or if I'm reall being greedy preferrably several) comes to Derby for free, not wanting to be paid for anything as tawdry as money, but just for the warm glow of doing good works. A bit like one of those pro bono lawyers in a crime thriller defending someone wrongly accused of a crime (or were they wrongly accused... plot twist...).

They've won their globe trotting trophies and earned more money than they and their family needs for the rest of their lives. Now for the real challenge. Play for Derby!

Glad its not just me

A Derby impossible wish list that could come true

1. We hit form going into the last 5 games and finish in the top 6.

2. We stay injury free and romp the Play-offs.

3. EFL do their review on our business plan and drop all sanctions.

4. A very rich man joins the Derby board and puts in millions in the pot.

5. We go on a summer spending spree and sign all young good talent.

6. The new team clicks from game one and romps the Championship title breaking all records.

Please be free to state which wishes will not happen and don't be to harsh.

51 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

6. The new team clicks from game one and romps the Championship title breaking all records.

7. You wake up.😟

Not that is could happen through 8 we win premiership

Capital one cup and fa cup.

9 . We win the champion league

10. We become clubs world champions and we then relegated forest down the back to the champership last day of the season.

Hahahahaha

I find it a little surprising that this doesn't happen more in football. I remember Gianfranco Zola always saying he intended to finish his career with Cagliari, because he was from Sardinia, and looking just now I see he played 74 times for them as his final club.

On a somewhat different scale, I saw the othe day Jamaal Lascelles had been dropped at Newcastle now their main central defenders were fit, and I wondered fleetingly if he shouldn't announce he was going to come to Derby and be our lynchpin in defence for the next few years to see us promoted into the Prem.

On a more ambitious scale, maybe when it's not working out for Fikayo Tomori and Mason Mount, they'll hatch a plan to return to Derby together, prove what great players they really are, and take us into the Champions League while also winning the World Cup? Just an impossible wish ... or is it?

7 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I find it a little surprising that this doesn't happen more in football. I remember Gianfranco Zola always saying he intended to finish his career with Cagliari, because he was from Sardinia, and looking just now I see he played 74 times for them as his final club.

On a somewhat different scale, I saw the othe day Jamaal Lascelles had been dropped at Newcastle now their main central defenders were fit, and I wondered fleetingly if he shouldn't announce he was going to come to Derby and be our lynchpin in defence for the next few years to see us promoted into the Prem.

On a more ambitious scale, maybe when it's not working out for Fikayo Tomori and Mason Mount, they'll hatch a plan to return to Derby together, prove what great players they really are, and take us into the Champions League while also winning the World Cup? Just an impossible wish ... or is it?

There arent many Zolas about unfortunately. See it at work - once people have huge amounts of money they just want more and more. So many would rather live out their remaining years on a high wage at a big club playing little.  But we can and should dream!

8 hours ago, plymouthram said:

As long as 4 isnt he who must not be named

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

Time travel.

So could go back and re-live the early 70s and appreciate it much more.

Nobody said "it won't always be like this kiddah".

My old man did say exactly that to me, but I simply didn't believe him. My young mind could see Derby were clearly the best team in the country, and but couldn't fathom why that might ever change.

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

My old man did say exactly that to me, but I simply didn't believe him. My young mind could see Derby were clearly the best team in the country, and but couldn't fathom why that might ever change.

My dad basically said "Enjoy the good times because bad ones are always just around the corner".

19 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Unicorn GIF by MOODMAN