Will Osula

angieram

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, FKANorwichExile said:

5 million per career goal! I know it's all about manipulating the profit and loss, but it's absolutely insanity.

This is nothing to do with FFP manipulation as Sheff Utd aren't paying an exorbitant fee for a Newcastle player in return as far as I'm aware. Nope, Newcastle have lost their goddam minds that's all. 

14 minutes ago, maxjam said:

No wonder we can't find a striker.  There would be moans if we loaned him back never mind paid a modest fee for him.  Are they sure they have the decimal point in the right place?

He's just about to turn 21. He looks like he's got plenty of talent and maybe just needs a decent club to play for. So even if he bombs at Newcastle they only need to loan him out a couple of times and sell him on and they'll have lost little or made money. It's easy init.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

He's just about to turn 21. He looks like he's got plenty of talent and maybe just needs a decent club to play for. So even if he bombs at Newcastle they only need to loan him out a couple of times and sell him on and they'll have lost little or made money. It's easy init.

Might be easy. Certainly crazy.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I don’t think he does, technically he’s miles off of it. He can shift and his ability to get behind the opposition backline is not without merit, but you can’t play the ball into his feet, they’re essentially trampolines and unless he’s running into open space chasing the ball then I’m really not convinced he’s even at professional level. 

McGoldrick looked like Dennis Bergkamp in comparison. 

12 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I don’t think he does, technically he’s miles off of it. He can shift and his ability to get behind the opposition backline is not without merit, but you can’t play the ball into his feet, they’re essentially trampolines and unless he’s running into open space chasing the ball then I’m really not convinced he’s even at professional level. 

McGoldrick looked like Dennis Bergkamp in comparison. 

It never hurt Lukaku tbphwy.

Not saying Osula is as good as Lukaku, mind

Absolutely staggering amount and highlights our issues bringing a decent one in without huge injury history 

Good luck to the lad but he has achieved absolutely nothing on the football pitch as of yet.

we should tie Brown to a much longer contract if that’s the situation for just a bit of pace and potential 

On 01/08/2024 at 19:52, Carnero said:

This is nothing to do with FFP manipulation as Sheff Utd aren't paying an exorbitant fee for a Newcastle player in return as far as I'm aware. Nope, Newcastle have lost their goddam minds that's all. 

I’m not too sure 

Newcastle , and Eddie Howe in particular, do not strike me as being fools 

Seems to me that things are going seriously wrong here. I would have been surprised if he had sold for £2m

You do wonder if the premier league is on the verge of being totally undermined. With the bizarre transfer fees taking place this off season 

I find the goings on at Everton to also be very, very strange. We are told that they have no money, potential acquirers pull out one after another, they are spending hundreds of millions on a new stadium, have huge debts to dubious backers  and yet are looking to buy multiple players in the market for fees well over £20m. 

Just makes no sense to me. You wonder if we are seeing football at that level eat itself . 

19 minutes ago, TerryH said:

I’m not too sure 

Newcastle , and Eddie Howe in particular, do not strike me as being fools 

Seems to me that things are going seriously wrong here. I would have been surprised if he had sold for £2m

You do wonder if the premier league is on the verge of being totally undermined. With the bizarre transfer fees taking place this off season 

I find the goings on at Everton to also be very, very strange. We are told that they have no money, potential acquirers pull out one after another, they are spending hundreds of millions on a new stadium, have huge debts to dubious backers  and yet are looking to buy multiple players in the market for fees well over £20m. 

Just makes no sense to me. You wonder if we are seeing football at that level eat itself . 

I can assure you that there is no FFP benefit to Newcastle whatsoever of paying £10m-15m for Osula.

If there were a youth player going the opposite way for a similair figure then yes, but not in this case.

They genuinely think he's worth that...  utter madness.

Edited by Carnero

54 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I can assure you that there is no FFP benefit to Newcastle whatsoever of paying £10m-15m for Osula.

If there were a youth player going the opposite way for a similair figure then yes, but not in this case.

They genuinely think he's worth that...  utter madness.

Let’s see how it pans out Carnero 

im guessing there is more to this than meets the eye 

Total conjecture : you buy a player for £15m. Then, a year later you decide to offload for a fraction of that price . Does that help your FFP situation in the future ? 

4 minutes ago, TerryH said:

Let’s see how it pans out Carnero 

im guessing there is more to this than meets the eye 

Total conjecture : you buy a player for £15m. Then, a year later you decide to offload for a fraction of that price . Does that help your FFP situation in the future ? 

No, because it creates a loss. FFP workarounds are all about creating a profit.

I can kind of see it, if I squint a bit (a lot)

Has all the physical tools to be great but clearly needs a hell of a lot of coaching to refine his game - and Howe is a good coach. £15m is pocket change these days as a (homegrown?) squad filler.

I think it’s funny how little he was used here really - probably an archetype Warne striker with his physical ability and pace.

19 minutes ago, Carnero said:

No, because it creates a loss. FFP workarounds are all about creating a profit.

Not sure about that 

Losses help to keep earnings surpressed - they count against and reduce your ‘profits’