Fleetwood Home Sat 18th March 3.00pm

hintonsboots

All hindsight now but completely the wrong team. I can see why PW went with that 11 on the back of that win at Oxford and DMcG & JK not training much... but those that had the opportunity completely blew it. I think that puts to bed any rose tinted glasses views that Curtis can do a job for us, same with Fozzy at LB - the legs aren't there. Subs should have been after 20 mins not 43. 

Bullied again and ripped apart by a superior midfield. Not sure how many games that is this year we've seen our lot chase shadows but I'm wondering if I'd be that arsed if we sold Sibley, Knight or Bird for significant fee's in the summer. They consistently can't do it. Boys chasing men around today again. 

Big game next week, lose that one and it's panic stations. 

Fleetwood were excellent btw. Strong in the tackle but played some nice stuff. Brave on the ball when they had to be and defended well - completely deserved win. Stockley would be an upgrade on Collins on todays showing. As would their no. 16 vs Bird/Hourihane/Knight. 

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

I don’t agree . It was far worse. Not sure Lampard had any options up front that were fully fit. As far as I know, Robert’s was fully fit , so why play a past it Davies ? And why play Springett? Or Hourihane? Or Collins? 

It doesn't help when your goalkeeper gifts the opposition a goal on a plate.

Doesn't really matter who you pick up front really when you're having to deal with that. 

27 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

I think was deserved today. Warne even said was most embarrassing half as a manager.

no one wants to boo, and if turn it round second half everyone happy. But first half was so poor. Felt like a lack of effort too

But it didnt turn it round second half did it. Ive been a fan since 1968 and can honestly say ive never booed a player in a rams shirt, perhaps im to soft.

5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Logistically who are we going to replace any players with that we clear out?

We are still able to bring in free transfers and loans. I think some of the old guard need dispensing with now. Their time is up and it shows. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

All hindsight now but completely the wrong team. I can see why PW went with that 11 on the back of that win at Oxford and DMcG & JK not training much... but those that had the opportunity completely blew it. I think that puts to bed any rose tinted glasses views that Curtis can do a job for us, same with Fozzy at LB - the legs aren't there. Subs should have been after 20 mins not 43. 

Bullied again and ripped apart by a superior midfield. Not sure how many games that is this year we've seen our lot chase shadows but I'm wondering if I'd be that arsed if we sold Sibley, Knight or Bird for significant fee's in the summer. They consistently can't do it. Boys chasing men around today again. 

Big game next week, lose that one and it's panic stations. 

Fleetwood were excellent btw. Strong in the tackle but played some nice stuff. Brave on the ball when they had to be and defended well - completely deserved win. Stockley would be an upgrade on Collins on todays showing. As would their no. 16 vs Bird/Hourihane/Knight. 

Agree on this, knight should be doing far more in the division if he’s really a £5m player. Similarly no one is ever banging our door down for bird and sibley.

cashin been poor a while now as well.

2 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

But it didnt turn it round second half did it. Ive been a fan since 1968 and can honestly say ive never booed a player in a rams shirt, perhaps im too soft.

I didn’t either but I’m not going to judge someone who did today. 

5 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Said this to the old man. What is our style/game plan? 

We’ve done quite well relying on having better players than the crap teams and bits of individual quality against some of the better teams. It’s fine but for me a manager is only decent if the team is greater than the sum of the parts. If it isn’t - the manager isn’t actually adding any value. I do want to reserve judgement until the team looks more like the system he used at Rotherham… 

Currently, it's non-existent tbh. I really can't work out what it is that we're supposed to be doing either defensively, in transition or going forward. It's really not good enough

I admire his honesty, interesting comment about training being bad yesterday, not sure what to make of that really… long season catching up with a small squad? Poor attitude after a midweek jolly to the races? Just one of them things and we move on?

For me keeping perspective is key, it was a poor performance and we’ve had a few of them over the last few weeks, BUT I’m not going to lose my mind about it.
We have a small imbalanced squad and have had some injuries and poor individual form to contend with recently. Other teams have strengthened and their squads are balanced after years of structure and recruitment a luxury we don’t have thanks to our previous owner and the catastrophe he left behind.
We’re not entitled to anything at this level regardless of our history and level of support, and yet this squad which was thrown together in the summer, along with this management team, have shown that they can win and perform consistently in this league.
The season isn’t over, it’s more than one game, and it’s more than a few weeks of poor form. Things can and probably will change, we’re still in the playoff positions with a 4 point gap to 7th. I’ll wait until the season is over to fully have my meltdown if it’s necessary (probably not in truth as we’ll win the league next year if we stop down), and even then I’ll keep some perspective and enjoy the usual fuss over recruitment and the like as that’s the rollercoaster ride of supporting this great club.
Chin up folks, we go again  ? 

17 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Who? Me? I wasn’t even there! Having grandkids is wonderful!

I have been  told the ref wasn’t up to much, but it was our turn to be really bad and gift the points to the opposition!

There was a F** the EFL moment but I don't think it was any worse than usual. Unlike our performance which was worse than anything I have ever known. 

3 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Currently, it's non-existent tbh. I really can't work out what it is that we're supposed to be doing either defensively, in transition or going forward. It's really not good enough

Maybe the squad now thinks the same. It would explain today's lack of performance.

If the Warne love-in has ended and there's just a void of disbelief "in the building", we would be in trouble.

4 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Agree on this, knight should be doing far more in the division if he’s really a £5m player. Similarly no one is ever banging our door down for bird and sibley.

cashin been poor a while now as well.

Will give them the benefit of the doubt today as they are both returning from injury but we can't pretend we've not seen this rodeo before. Second to every ball. No control in midfield at all. 

Cashin I don't mind as much, especially when you think it's his first full season. No denying he's had a rough month compared to his other performances over the season but very immature in his development. Compared to Bird and Knight on their fourth full season....