Fleetwood Home Sat 18th March 3.00pm

hintonsboots

2 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

The management team need to work out what on earth was going on in the players heads today. Worryingly they collapsed as a group, it wasn’t just a few individuals.

Awful!

Unfortunately the management team need to work out what was going on in their own heads first. The starting 11 was so obviously not our best 11 for any game leave alone this one. 

21 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

Derby County 0 Fleetwood Town 2

i never thought I’d see a score like that in my lifetime

Did you see Derby 1 Bristol Rovers 3 when we were in the Premier League, or Crawley 2 Derby 1 when they were non-league? ?

(Not to mention Chorley 2 Derby 0, with mitigating circumstances!)

19 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Lucky to still have some wriggle room between us and the chasing pack. It's a bad day at the office when we can't even blame the ref for our inept display. 

Can we blame him for his inept display though?

(If there's any time left after we've finished blaming ourselves for ours, which was much, much, worse)

Just now, PistoldPete said:

Unfortunately the management team need to work out what was going on in their own heads first. The starting 11 was so obviously not our best 11 for any game leave alone this one. 

The performance levels from the best players was still terrible.

They failed as a group, top player to bottom player. Possibly only Dobbin having any credit at all.

Not acceptable!

3 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I still back Warne to the hilt, but he’s giving the doubters plenty of ammunition at the moment.

They're not really 'doubters' though in the main (one or two extreme examples as always) they're just people who were willing to voice their concerns about some aspects of his management when it wasn't popular to do so, who've been unecessarily and prematurely called out (or told their opinions should be kept to themselves) during the good times we recently experienced largely against the s****** teams.

Some of the issues identified / concerns  are coming back to bite us. Some haven't reared their heads and may not even have been valid in hindsight.

You're right to back Warne, just don't pretend his s*** doesn't stink, which today in all fairness you haven't.

2 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

The performance levels from the best players was still terrible.

They failed as a group, top player to bottom player. Possibly only Dobbin having any credit at all.

Not acceptable!

I thought Robert’s did ok too. All the subs  were ok nothing special and too little too late all the damage was done in a truly shocking first half. 

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I agree except for the last line and the players bit. I've had a real wobble.

It's plain Fozzy is no LB and is a decent CH. It's clear we play little football from the back with Curtis, it's one thing him playing when there's injuries but not out of choice. The difference in the second half was like night and day.

Why on earth take off Sibs when we need goals, why leave Collins on who did almost nothing (I'm being kind) all game. He could have started a dustbin up front and there'd have been more interchanges!

They are the two biggest questions, there are others but they're lesser.

If he's not figured it out by next match then I'll have a little panic.

You’re absolutely right. You have to play players in positions that they have grown comfortable in and where they have built up understanding and partnerships.

Forsyth and Cashin should be playing at centre back, Roberts or Sibley at left back and Smith at right back, not flitting from one position to another one week to the next. Similarly McGoldrick and Knight should have started or not been in the squad at all. It was a horrible miscalculation by Warne and Fleetwood punished us for our worst 45 minutes of the season.

It just puts pressure on the games v Peterborough and Ipswich really. We probably need four points now whereas before we probably could have got away with picking up just one or two.

The magic 80 looks a canyon away if we continue in the same vein as today.

Edited by Jourdan

8 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Can somebody please tell me how Collins stays on and Sibley goes off? 

I suppose the thinking if there is any is that Didzy and Sibley are the two alternatives.  But Sibley couldn’t have done any less than Collins. 

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I thought Robert’s did ok too. All the subs  were ok nothing special and too little too late all the damage was done in a truly shocking first half. 

Yeah Roberts was ok.

Thing is, if Warne doesn’t get their heads sorted this week, it doesn’t matter which eleven we pick, they’ll be on the end of a beating against Posh.

Hopefully he works it out and picks the best team.