V Plymouth (a) 7th March 20.00

Boycie

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

Not too impressed with Plymouth. What's all the fuss about?

Oops that's put the kiss of death on it. Sorry.

Aside: not that impressed with Harvey White either. Miss Bird.

Could not agree more. He lacks the calmness that Birdy has. Birdy is one of those players that you don't know how much you miss until he is absent. I think our recent patchy run reflects that.

1 minute ago, Sufferingfool said:

Is that because they don’t have refs to slag off Dave?

Actually I never thought of that. 

No. Cricket is boring. When I was made to play it at school I was wicketkeeper, for the simple reason it was the nearest thing to football. It was like being a goalie, and I could dive for the ball!

4 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

This is the most pressure we’ll have been under this season so far, have a feeling the Derby we see in this second half will give a big indicator as to how we’re going to perform at the end of the season

So far, so good - Didzy and Mendez-Laing both look a cut above 

Absolutely how we handle this psychologically now…if we have that winning mentality we will win…

3 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Not too impressed with Plymouth. What's all the fuss about?

Oops that's put the kiss of death on it. Sorry.

Aside: not that impressed with Harvey White either. Miss Bird.

He’s done fairly well going forwards.

It’s just when they break he gives me the squits. He takes up decent defensive positions, but seems to switch off and is oblivious to the runners especially those behind him.

Plymouths best chance came from White losing his runner, lucky they missed the chance.

But yes we desperately miss Bird.

1 minute ago, OssieEnd said:

Anybody impressed with Plymouth so far ??

Bunch of Hackers and journeymen  with a manager who will go on to spaff it off at say Luton or southampton.

I am. They play some nice stuff, just lack some cutting edge tonight. Maybe that is down to our setup and organisation. They are second for a reason, let's not forget that. 

1 minute ago, OssieEnd said:

Anybody impressed with Plymouth so far ??

Bunch of Hackers and journeymen  with a manager who will go on to spaff it off at say Luton or southampton.

Yes. 

Reckon I could count on one hand how many matches I've watched this season against opposition who look comfortable in possession, Plymouth account for two of those now. Pretty blunt in attack so far but a team who are good with the ball are a very dangerous thing at this level, as we have shown many times ourselves. 

Just now, DanS1992 said:

I am. They play some nice stuff, just lack some cutting edge tonight. Maybe that is down to our setup and organisation, or they are just having an "off night". They are second for a reason, let's not forget that.