Hospitality

CBRammette

We did hospitality at Barnsley as it was sold out and we'd already booked flights, hotel etc. Only way we could get tickets. £72 each. No welcome drink. You're supposed to pay for the food as well. They forgot to charge us for the food ?   Good day out. 4 of us and 2 DCFC couples in there including @Wistaston Ram and his good lady. The locals were welcoming and the staff were excellent. The result apart we had a good day out.

We're doing FGR as well. Hospitality isn't cheap but it is a good day out. Perfect a couple of times a season.

We do the Captains Club once a season. We go for a night match and it’s great. You get a buffet meal, free tea and coffee, a pudding buffet after the match, programme and a player (we had Shaun Barker). It includes a balcony seat under the scoreboard. There’s a pay bar. 
not as good this season as before, only because there seemed to be a lot of people for the number of tables, there’s no reserved tables. 

24 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

We do the Captains Club once a season. We go for a night match and it’s great. You get a buffet meal, free tea and coffee, a pudding buffet after the match, programme and a player (we had Shaun Barker). It includes a balcony seat under the scoreboard. There’s a pay bar. 
not as good this season as before, only because there seemed to be a lot of people for the number of tables, there’s no reserved tables. 

Thanks its my sons 18th soon so thought we would do something

I would do Toyota Suite and Directors' Box. It's a bit dearer but it's a very special occasion.

Lovely three course meal with choice of mains and puds.

Free programmes, guest speakers, MOTM presentations afyer the game and the best views in the stadium.

If you're not fussed on the date, some games are cheaper than others. 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I would do Toyota Suite and Directors' Box. It's a bit dearer but it's a very special occasion.

Lovely three course meal with choice of mains and puds.

Free programmes, guest speakers, MOTM presentations afyer the game and the best views in the stadium.

If you're not fussed on the date, some games are cheaper than others. 

Second this. Last time I was there I ended up sat two seats down from Mick McCarthy.

I took my non footie fan partner to PP last season and booked for the 2 of us in Igor's Lounge.  Coffee on tap, lunch before the game with dessert at half time, civilised bathrooms, freely able to move between the warmth of the lounge and the seats just outside so she didn't feel trapped or cold.  She loved the experience and was very impressed by the whole setup, size of the ground, number of people, enthusiasm etc.  I had to explain/translate the chants, which she found highly amusing.

As a one off treat I thought it was very good value.  Had I been on my own or with a fellow footie fan I wouldn't have gone there, but with a female non footie fan who really doesn't like the cold and is quite picky about dirt, crowds of people etc it was the perfect solution, and only cost maybe twice as much as having lunch elsewhere and then going to the match with an ordinary ticket.

Well worth doing IMO if only as an occasional treat.

Footnote - during the match we ended up sitting next to some very loud cockney sounding females who showed almost no interest in the match.  Turned out to be members of Liam Rosenior's family, who then proceeded to totter slowly and unsteadily around the pitch on unfeasibly high heels after the game during the lap of honour, you couldn't make it up LOL.

I did the Toyota Suite experience for the Bolton game this season. No idea of the cost as it was bought as a gift. Thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Obviously heightened by the fact we won.

Although it's a choice menu it was quite limited. However it was enjoyable all the same. Guest speaker before the game was Jacob Laursen with Barkhuisen doing the honours afterwards. 

I'd definitely recommend it but once again I can't say how it stacks up as regards value for money. Hope that helps in some way. 

5 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I did the Toyota Suite experience for the Bolton game this season. No idea of the cost as it was bought as a gift. Thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Obviously heightened by the fact we won.

Although it's a choice menu it was quite limited. However it was enjoyable all the same. Guest speaker before the game was Jacob Laursen with Barkhuisen doing the honours afterwards. 

I'd definitely recommend it but once again I can't say how it stacks up as regards value for money. Hope that helps in some way. 

Thanks we are booked in there later in the season. Now overly excited in case we get Igor before the game and NML for afters ?