Hospitality

CBRammette

On 04/03/2023 at 14:05, angieram said:

I would do Toyota Suite and Directors' Box. It's a bit dearer but it's a very special occasion.

Lovely three course meal with choice of mains and puds.

Free programmes, guest speakers, MOTM presentations afyer the game and the best views in the stadium.

If you're not fussed on the date, some games are cheaper than others. 

If you book the Toyota Suite do you get the Directors box or is that seperate?

1 minute ago, Woodley Ram said:

I've had hospitality in the Toyota Suite on several occasions, which included a seat in the Directors Box three times.

However, the Directors Box tickets are given only when there are seats available and only when there is a small group of match day sponsors, otherwise you get a seat on the balcony outside the suite on the half-way line, more-or-less above the dug outs.

I've also been in the Igor Stimac Lounge and Captains Table, all of which are excellent places to have a pre-match meal, which, of course, are a cheaper option, which gives you a seat in the Toyota/West Stand (Captains), or on the balcony in the NW Corner (Igor's).

All-in-all, an excellent way to watch a game, in very comfortable surroundings, and, before anyone calls me a  member of the 'Prawn cocktail brigade', I am also a very long-standing season ticket holder who does clap, sing and occasionally give the players my opinion!!

2 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

It is usually included in the price but the blurb on the website makes it clear what is included.

I don't think there's been a game this season where the Directors Box has been full. I'm surmising there are are fewer hangers-on these days! 

14 hours ago, angieram said:

It is usually included in the price but the blurb on the website makes it clear what is included.

I don't think there's been a game this season where the Directors Box has been full. I'm surmising there are are fewer hangers-on these days! 

Ipswich is the first one it looks like , I will need to leave my east stand seat empty and sit in the west but that’s not an issue

• 5 weeks later...
On 07/03/2023 at 18:24, Steve How Hard? said:

Great stuff, hope you have as enjoyable day as we did. I'll keep my fingers crossed for an Igor/ NML double for you. ?

Let us all know how it goes. ?

Hi we were in Toyota Suite today. For son's big birthday. Expensive but lovely treat. Pre-match interviews with Roger Davies, Kevin Wilson and Tony Springett who said he is recovering well. Two courses. Seat in directors' box. Dessert and coffee at half time. Cheese and biscuits at full time. Another interview with RD and KW about the match and also man of the match the charming Cashin. Lovely food. Highly recommend if want a very special treat. 

9 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Hi we were in Toyota Suite today. For son's big birthday. Expensive but lovely treat. Pre-match interviews with Roger Davies, Kevin Wilson and Tony Springett who said he is recovering well. Two courses. Seat in directors' box. Dessert and coffee at half time. Cheese and biscuits at full time. Another interview with RD and KW about the match and also man of the match the charming Cashin. Lovely food. Highly recommend if want a very special treat. 

How much? if you don’t mind

9 minutes ago, Boycie said:

How much? if you don’t mind

Eye watering £156pp!!!  I guess much of it business entertaining, officially at least, but a lot if you pay it yourself. Someone mentions the other hospitality options further up. We usually sit with our burgers/cobs in car park!!

42 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Eye watering £156pp!!!  I guess much of it business entertaining, officially at least, but a lot if you pay it yourself. Someone mentions the other hospitality options further up. We usually sit with our burgers/cobs in car park!!

It was £85 at Forest Green Rovers, but there's no comparison.

DCFC experience is special, whereas FGR was totally amateurish. 

15 minutes ago, angieram said:

But you get the full vegan experience at FGR remember

Out of interest, do they serve meat at FGR ?

Edited by SamUltraRam

34 minutes ago, angieram said:

Sometimes go to sports aid lunches with work at Cambridge. Food nice but everything else.....!!!!

14 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Great, glad you had an enjoyable experience it lived up to your expectations. Shame it couldn't have been capped off with a win. Still can't believe we didn't win that game. 

10 hours ago, CBRammette said:

How the other half live hey! 😂

Do they still knock £20 off if you use your own ST seats?  Mind you, it’d be a rush around for dessert at half time from the east stand, by the time you’d convinced the pompous steward you were owed a sponge finger up in the posh seats the bloody ref would be blowing on his whistle.

• 10 months later...
On 04/03/2023 at 14:05, angieram said:

I would do Toyota Suite and Directors' Box. It's a bit dearer but it's a very special occasion.

Lovely three course meal with choice of mains and puds.

Free programmes, guest speakers, MOTM presentations afyer the game and the best views in the stadium.

If you're not fussed on the date, some games are cheaper than others. 

Wondered if anyone had any up to date tips here.

I have gone a bit OTT and booked hospitality in the Toyota Suite for the Port Vale game as a present for my eldest daughter's birthday. She has been accompanying me to matches as season ticket holders since the early 90"s through tick and thin!!

Presumably you need to arrive between 12 and 1.00 - what time is the meal usually served?

We travel 50 miles from Warwickshire and usually park in Derbion and walk to the ground but on this occasion thought if we parked in car park A or B (which one is better?) near the ground it would be more convenient? Hopefully most of the traffic will have gone by 6.00 when we will probably be leaving. Is that correct?

Any constructive tips or comments would be welcome.  Thanks.

15 minutes ago, gfs1ram said:

Wondered if anyone had any up to date tips here.

I have gone a bit OTT and booked hospitality in the Toyota Suite for the Port Vale game as a present for my eldest daughter's birthday. She has been accompanying me to matches as season ticket holders since the early 90"s through tick and thin!!

Presumably you need to arrive between 12 and 1.00 - what time is the meal usually served?

We travel 50 miles from Warwickshire and usually park in Derbion and walk to the ground but on this occasion thought if we parked in car park A or B (which one is better?) near the ground it would be more convenient? Hopefully most of the traffic will have gone by 6.00 when we will probably be leaving. Is that correct?

Any constructive tips or comments would be welcome.  Thanks.

Hospitality opens 12.30, meal served from 1pm, you get two courses pre-match; puddings at half-time; cheese, biscuits and coffee post match. You have to buy other drinks.

Seats will be somewhere in West Stand, directors' box not guaranteed but we requested it and got it. 

Usually get a player interview or something similar pre-match - somebody injured (we got Cash) and then they present to the POTM at the end. Ours was Adams. 

We parked on Riverside - at £7 it's cheaper than A or B, and no problem getting away as you say at the later time. 

We did this on Easter Monday 2009 (Lost 2-3 to a late Wolves winner.)
(Had to Google the year!)

All pretty much as @angieram describes above.

Difference being, we had a (free) spot in the West car park, a pre game tour (#backstagepass... shook the hand of owd Gordon as he laid out the shirts 🐏) and despite our letter advising that drinks were to be paid for, when I went to settle up prior to leaving, I was told there was no need, and that the letter "must be mistaken"!  Happy days!  Mind you, what's 4 x glasses of Coke in a place like that?  Can't be much more than £30!  🤣 

Now it's not for me to suggest any drink-bill-related shenanigans of course... and ours was 100% genuine... but it appeared back then that it was nigh on impossible for staff to know who is who, who has paid what, and who owes dosh to the bar before leaving v those that are on freebies!
Things may well be different now of course, 15 years on!

The other (massive) difference was that we didn't pay a penny for the privilege, as we took the prize off my disinterested boss, who won a prize draw (Sponsored by Derbyshire Building Society back then).

Oh... and we sat in the director's box, on comfy/padded seats, directly behind one Mr R Harrison of FA Cup Final and DCFC legend fame.  May God rest his soul.
xxx

Edited by Mucker1884