Your Personal World Cup Final

SK47

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

seems like a pretty irrational reason to hate a football club.

Who said disliking football clubs had to be rational? 

I also live around the exeter area, and see the state of the janners fans, their attitudes and how they generally act so I think its pretty rational that I dislike them

8 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Irongate was alive and kicking along with Sadler Gate when I was walking down yesterday. 
Plans afoot to rescue the old Bennett’s building as well . 

Birds, Foulds, Vaults, the wedding shop that was there, Bennetts is online -it won't reopen now it's been about 4 years. Brigdens and Thomas Leaper to close in the next few months.  What the hells down there apart from the standing order and Jorrocks. Sadler Gates busy as a thoroughfare but bank holiday Monday in the 80's and 90's it ain't. 

22 hours ago, bimmerman said:

I also cannot stand the argyle. Horrible city, real dump. Think our squad togetherness with Warne, and them going on a spending spree, will mean we can get a result there. 

If we don't all the janners I know will be insufferable.. 

Why is lots of the forum members suddenly showing a hate towards Plymouth Argyle. Is it because they are top of the table and look to be favourites to finish the season promoted. I have lived in the city since the early 80's and have been there due to my time in the Royal Navy and ending up marrying a Plymouth girl. And before anybody asked the question, I'm a Derby born a bred man. Lived in Chaddesden up until joining the Navy and still have family in Derby (visit regularly, especially for home games).

I never go to Home Park, unless they are playing the Rams. Last visit was an U23's League cup match 4 years ago. We drew 0-0 and the best player on the pitch that night was a 17yr old lad called Jason Knight. As for Plymouth, they have always either started off well and faded away in the 2nd half of the season or started off badly and finished well. Most of their fans are still cautious of how the team will finish. They are certainly very fickle, if the team is performing bad, they will stay away in their droves. A well known fact is Plymouth is the biggest city in England that have never had their football club in the top tier (so that's another reason not to hate them).

I have an old work colleague who is a steward at Home Park (he works the away end), can't wait to have a bit of banter with him. Hopefully it won't be on the 28th of this month, because we could be still in the F.A. cup. Also if anybody wants to know, the away end at Home Park is normally around 1,700 allocation.

13 hours ago, Tamworthram said:
23 hours ago, bimmerman said:

I also cannot stand the argyle. Horrible city, real dump. Think our squad togetherness with Warne, and them going on a spending spree, will mean we can get a result there. 

If we don't all the janners I know will be insufferable.. 

seems like a pretty irrational reason to hate a football club.

I guessing that bimmerman lives in the Exeter area and is a closet Grecian fan who have great rivalry with the Pilgrims.

14 hours ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Middlesbrough sh*t fans and sh*t club that think their massive! As well as gibson.. Il say no more 

Lest we forget

Mel Morris is the worst owner in our history who nearly killed our club

Gibson is an narcissistic extortionist

Wycombe tvat is a parasitic scavenger

Rick Parry is a Gibson’ puppet

Boro and Wycombe obviously 

Spurs annoy me - I’m not sure why they’re considered as one of the ‘elite’ teams in the country when we’ve won the league more recently than them 

QP Rangers too because that play off final let them get away with financial stuff we were hammered for 

19 hours ago, plymouthram said:

I guessing that bimmerman lives in the Exeter area and is a closet Grecian fan who have great rivalry with the Pilgrims.

No closet about it, take my daughter to city as its safe and family orientated 

The reason I don't like Plymouth isn't football related, it's work related and just the matter of fact its a dump

I worked on Union Street in Plymouth for around 5 years, so feel relatively well qualified to say I think its the absolute pits in Plymouth ? 

20 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Why is lots of the forum members suddenly showing a hate towards Plymouth Argyle. Is it because they are top of the table and look to be favourites to finish the season promoted

Mines nothing to do with that, mines more to do with my experiences in that city through work. Think the place is a dump. And that lunatic that went and shot a kid a few years back in North Prospect kind of solidified that view for me. Woolwell/Plymstock/Roborough are OK areas but the majority of the city isn't nice at all

4 hours ago, bimmerman said:

Mines nothing to do with that, mines more to do with my experiences in that city through work. Think the place is a dump. And that lunatic that went and shot a kid a few years back in North Prospect kind of solidified that view for me. Woolwell/Plymstock/Roborough are OK areas but the majority of the city isn't nice at all

The Lad that shot his mother and 4 other people was not a Plymouthian, the family moved down from Scotland. Your Knowledge on Plymouth areas is'nt quite right, the shooter lived in Biddick Drive in Keyham. The better areas in Plymouth going by the price of property and lack of criminal incidents are Manadon, Glenholt, Riverside, Hartley, Mannamead, Woodford, Underwood, Turnchapel, Elburton, Peverell and Sherford. I would agree with Woolwell and Roborough and some parts of Plymstock but not all of it. Before you question my knowledge on the city of Plymouth, I have lived here since early 1980's and up to 2018 (when I retired) I dealt with the criminals in Plymouth and the rest of Devon and Cornwall. 

Every major city and sizeable town have dangerous/bad areas, Derby, Exeter and Plymouth are no different. I would agree that the likes of bigger places, i.e. London, Manchester and Liverpool are worse. When Plymouth Argyle and Exeter City play each other, there is always trouble at both grounds and thats no different when Derby play Forest.

Devon Crime and Danger | CrimeRate

https://crimerate.co.uk › devon

Out of all of Devon's larger towns and cities, Torquay is the most dangerous. The next most dangerous is Plymouth, and Exeter comes in as third most ...

These stats were taken recently and are passed over from the Devon and Cornwall police. Plymouth is the largest populated urban area in Devon, a slightly bigger population than the city of Derby. Most of the criminal activity in Torquay is drug related.

Have a dislike for West Ham, which has likely come about because I live in the East End and boy you can't escape them. From a nothing club they've been given the Olympic Stadium which we all paid for, allowing them to compete with anyone in the world for players because of the revenues it generates and because they're in London. And, over again, they're so lucky. And they claim they won the World Cup in 66. Plus it was ridiculous how long Bobby Moore kept playing for England when they so obviously should have had McFarland and Todd in the middle.

3 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

My memory of Plymouth is that it isn't the best .  Saying that, visiting old football grounds generally means you seeing the crappest part of town and not much else.   It ain't far from some very nice beaches and that has to be a bonus. 

You been to Portsmouth via fratton train station?

Like a little bit of victoriana.....?