Your Personal World Cup Final

SK47

There's 2 teams I hate more than anyone, Leeds and Plymouth Argyle.

I live in Cornwall and have somehow over the years grown a dislike to argyle, or as I like to refer to them, The Custard Churners.

I'm going to the game on the 28th and I really hope we do a number on them, as them beating us at home after us being 2-0 nil up not only haunts me but it ruined the weekend in Butlins I was on at the time.

2 questions,

Do any of you have that team dissociated with the general Derby rivals that you look forward to or dislike?

And do you think our team has now gelled enough (with a possible 1 or 2 new faces also) to beat those disgusting, green, dairy turning, hills have eyes looking pasty fillers? 

??

For me, it has to be any team that play with ape-like creatures up front and at centre-half, with nasty little buggers charging frantically round the midfield snapping at Rams players' heels throughout the game.  These sides always seem to do quite well against us with their hoofball tactics and Linebacker-style play.

Stoke City come to mind immediately!

12 minutes ago, SK47 said:

I live in Cornwall and have somehow over the years grown a dislike to argyle, or as I like to refer to them, The Custard Churners.

I'm going to the game on the 28th and I really hope we do a number on them, as them beating us at home after us being 2-0 nil up not only haunts me but it ruined the weekend in Butlins I was on at the time.

2 questions,

Do any of you have that team dissociated with the general Derby rivals that you look forward to or dislike?

And do you think our team has now gelled enough (with a possible 1 or 2 new faces also) to beat those disgusting, green, dairy turning, hills have eyes looking pasty fillers? 

??

I grew up in Cornwall with a lot of Argyle fans as mates and despised them. Seen the ? there 5 or 6 times over the years including the famous cup quarter final. Having moved away a long time ago my views have changed and I now have a soft spot for them. These days other than Florist the 2 teams I still like to see lose most are the Dirties and Manure ??

3 minutes ago, Ovine_Interferer said:

For me, it has to be any team that play with ape-like creatures up front and at centre-half, with nasty little buggers charging frantically round the midfield snapping at Rams players' heels throughout the game.  These sides always seem to do quite well against us with their hoofball tactics and Linebacker-style play.

Stoke City come to mind immediately!

Basically Gary rowett and Tony pulis teams ?

Edited by SK47

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I grew up in Cornwall with a lot of Argyle fans as mates and despised them. Seen the ? there 5 or 6 times over the years including the famous cup quarter final. Having moved away a long time ago my views have changed and I now have a soft spot for them. These days other than Florist the 2 teams I still like to see lose most are the Dirties and Manure ??

Honestly, worst bunch of fans. My mate Jamie Lowry played for them after he was at Chesterfield, And I didn't bother going to watch him the whole time he was there.

He's now there as a coach, I don't speak to him much these days ?

3 minutes ago, Ovine_Interferer said:

Mostly, yeah but there are others that play like that - I mean like Millwall in the Terry Hurlock days - I loved it when Georgie Williams snapped him in half at the BBG back in the day

Definitely.

Just like I'd love to see us win 3-0 on the 28th and somehow see NML rifle 90mph balls wide hitting everyone of their fans right on the bonce. We can only dream ?

4 hours ago, SK47 said:

2 questions,

??

Hopefully we won’t be playing them on the 28th of January cos we’ll be in the FA cup 4th round.

The team is gelling really well and are getting into the habit of not losing, so yes I think we could beat the pasty munchers.

Mmm cornish pasty...

Sorry, what was the next question? Oh yes, teams not associated with Derby.

Quite tough as even teams not associated (historically) who I dont like, tend to have a reason for me not to like them that is linked with Derby ('boro, Wycombe, Rowett teams, Millwall - jees I'm a bitter little man).

Manure and Liverpool I like to see lose, because of my 80s and 90s football education (80s Liverpool with no back pass rule were horrible) and no real Derby related reason.

Look forward to Crewe, my cousin is a lifelong fan and took me to a few games in my youth. That fondness has stuck.

3 minutes ago, Chopper said:

The team is gelling really well and are getting into the habit of not losing, so yes I think we could beat the pasty munchers.

Mmm cornish pasty...

Sorry, what was the next question? Oh yes, teams not associated with Derby.

Quite tough as even teams not associated (historically) who I dont like, tend to have a reason for me not to like them that is linked with Derby ('boro, Wycombe, Rowett teams, Millwall - jees I'm a bitter little man).

Manure and Liverpool I like to see lose, because of my 80s and 90s football education (80s Liverpool with no back pass rule were horrible) and no real Derby related reason.

Look forward to Crewe, my cousin is a lifelong fan and took me to a few games in my youth. That fondness has stuck.

Argyle are not Cornish ?

56 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

I also cannot stand the argyle. Horrible city, real dump. Think our squad togetherness with Warne, and them going on a spending spree, will mean we can get a result there. 

If we don't all the janners I know will be insufferable.. 

You can blame the Luftwaffe for that one.  Used to be full of nice tudor buildings till they dropped bombs on all that lovely wood as a demoralising exercise.  I struggle to slag off anywhere as a s******* to be fair nowadays having recently visited Derby city centre.  Even the last bastion that was Irongate has closed for business.  Proper shame you can thank the Westfield for alongside awful council planning.  Still have Watford, Stoke and Middlesbrough in the worse than category but it's getting closer.  Thank god for the Cathedral keeping us a neck ahead

On 03/01/2023 at 15:21, SK47 said:

??

To be fair, I have always had a soft spot for Plymouth, although nothing beyond preferring to see them do alright.  Probably due to interaction with a fan who seemed a genuinely good bloke.

Grimsby, on the other hand, they can rot in the bowels of the league for ever more!  Ideally, along with the “elite” Prem clubs and Wolves.

10 hours ago, bimmerman said:

I also cannot stand the argyle. Horrible city, real dump. Think our squad togetherness with Warne, and them going on a spending spree, will mean we can get a result there. 

If we don't all the janners I know will be insufferable.. 

seems like a pretty irrational reason to hate a football club.

10 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

You can blame the Luftwaffe for that one.  Used to be full of nice tudor buildings till they dropped bombs on all that lovely wood as a demoralising exercise.  I struggle to slag off anywhere as a s******* to be fair nowadays having recently visited Derby city centre.  Even the last bastion that was Irongate has closed for business.  Proper shame you can thank the Westfield for alongside awful council planning.  Still have Watford, Stoke and Middlesbrough in the worse than category but it's getting closer.  Thank god for the Cathedral keeping us a neck ahead

Irongate was alive and kicking along with Sadler Gate when I was walking down yesterday. 
Plans afoot to rescue the old Bennett’s building as well .