Your Personal World Cup Final

SK47

57 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

My memory of Plymouth is that it isn't the best .  Saying that, visiting old football grounds generally means you seeing the crappest part of town and not much else.   It ain't far from some very nice beaches and that has to be a bonus. 

Shame the fixture is'nt during the warmer months for a quick trip to the beach.

I despise Wycombe, even before all the legal shenanigans. I met loads of footie fans back in the days when I went to Uni and will happily follow the results of Lincoln, Swansea, Northampton, even Chelsea. But one of the lads was a Wycombe fan and you would legitimately believe they were the greatest team in football history if you took him at face value. He was a really good lad, but jeez was he obnoxious when it came to his beloved Wycombe. Anyone who played for them was a superstar, they were the biggest sleeping giants in the EFL, they had the most hardcore fanbase in England... that sort of crud. When they lost, he was UNBEARABLE. When we could afford it, we'd travel around the country and watch each others teams and crash at friends houses, but there was no way in hell we'd go to Wycombe on principal.

Second to us winning, seeing them lose still puts the biggest smile on my face. Even more than them lot down the road losing.

On 03/01/2023 at 15:21, SK47 said:

There's 2 teams I hate more than anyone, Leeds and Plymouth Argyle.

I live in Cornwall and have somehow over the years grown a dislike to argyle, or as I like to refer to them, The Custard Churners.

I'm going to the game on the 28th and I really hope we do a number on them, as them beating us at home after us being 2-0 nil up not only haunts me but it ruined the weekend in Butlins I was on at the time.

2 questions,

Do any of you have that team dissociated with the general Derby rivals that you look forward to or dislike?

And do you think our team has now gelled enough (with a possible 1 or 2 new faces also) to beat those disgusting, green, dairy turning, hills have eyes looking pasty fillers? 

??

Im genuinely intrigued to know how plymouth fans could wind up a derby fan

theyve got absolutely nothing on us?

I know its totally different when u love amongst another set of fans but my mate at uni was a big plymouth fan i went to plenty with him.

hence a bit of soft spot for them 

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Im genuinely intrigued to know how plymouth fans could wind up a derby fan

theyve got absolutely nothing on us?

I know its totally different when u love amongst another set of fans but my mate at uni was a big plymouth fan i went to plenty with him.

hence a bit of soft spot for them 

I've lived in Cornwall on and off for 20+ years. It's the country bumpkin banter that gets under my skin and because they're higher than derby in the league, all I get is abuse lol type of team to cheer for off sides and throw ins but now think they're better than us, it's irritating ? if I lived somewhere else I probably wouldn't care half as much but I do so, so be it lol

I've always had a soft spot for Plymouth since we beat them 4-2 to win the old 2nd division in 87, i was 15 at the time and i recall the Plymouth fans staying behind after the final  whistle and clapping the lads on there lap of honour.......what a day that was......and Bobby Davisons goal ????

1 hour ago, SK47 said:

I've lived in Cornwall on and off for 20+ years. It's the country bumpkin banter that gets under my skin and because they're higher than derby in the league, all I get is abuse lol type of team to cheer for off sides and throw ins but now think they're better than us, it's irritating ? if I lived somewhere else I probably wouldn't care half as much but I do so, so be it lol

Yer i get it lol.

briefly got a bit off notts county fans when they we’re good for five minutes back in the 90s … 

tbh though we’re all united by our distain for florest

13 minutes ago, BriggRam said:

I've always had a soft spot for Plymouth since we beat them 4-2 to win the old 2nd division in 87, i was 15 at the time and i recall the Plymouth fans staying behind after the final  whistle and clapping the lads on there lap of honour.......what a day that was......and Bobby Davisons goal ????

They showed a lot of class that day. They supported their team throughout the game, but at the final whistle they all (admittedly there weren't thousands of them) applauded our team and all four sides of the BBG. I remember they wanted to stay for the team's lap of honour after the game, but the stewards were obviously instructed to make them all leave beforehand. They begrudgingly left, giving all four sides of the ground another clap as they did so.

1 hour ago, SK47 said:

It may be hard to take given where you live but they are better than us (currently).

17 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Have a dislike for West Ham, which has likely come about because I live in the East End and boy you can't escape them. From a nothing club they've been given the Olympic Stadium which we all paid for, allowing them to compete with anyone in the world for players because of the revenues it generates and because they're in London. And, over again, they're so lucky. And they claim they won the World Cup in 66. Plus it was ridiculous how long Bobby Moore kept playing for England when they so obviously should have had McFarland and Todd in the middle.

Licking my lips for the FA Cup 4th round.