Favourite Sandwich

sage

For a hot sandwich, roast beef and horseradish.

For cold, cheese, ham and pickle.

Best overall, chip butty with buttered doorstep bread and Tom sauce. Reminds me of childhood though it was less likely to give me indigestion then. 

Used to be a Jewish (I think!) deli / sandwich bar on Charing Cross Road that did the best salt beef sandwiches I've ever tasted. Loaded with beef and with flavour to spare. They made their own sweet mustard but refused to share the ingredients. You can make them at home but it's not a quick bite to create.

Love good English cheddar with plenty of Branston in a freshly cooked baguette. Also developed a taste for emmental and chorizo toasties since my dad gave me a toasty machine thingy. Love a Welsh rarebit too.

Cheddar, Wiltshire ham and pesto paninis a fav too. And don't get me started on full English breakfast baguettes ?

8 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Used to be a Jewish (I think!) deli / sandwich bar on Charing Cross Road that did the best salt beef sandwiches I've ever tasted. Loaded with beef and with flavour to spare. They made their own sweet mustard but refused to share the ingredients. You can make them at home but it's not a quick bite to create.

Love good English cheddar with plenty of Branston in a freshly cooked baguette. Also developed a taste for emmental and chorizo toasties since my dad gave me a toasty machine thingy. Love a Welsh rarebit too.

Cheddar, Wiltshire ham and pesto paninis a fav too. And don't get me started on full English breakfast baguettes ?

I like the breakfast buffets that you get in Irish petrol stations. I can't cope with the Full Irish baguette these days, but I love a half-baguette with black and white puddings and breakfast sausages (brown sauce). 

9 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I like the breakfast buffets that you get in Irish petrol stations. I can't cope with the Full Irish baguette these days, but I love a half-baguette with black and white puddings and breakfast sausages (brown sauce). 

I've stopped eating them to be honest. I've shifted a couple of stone by getting back in the gym and curbing my eating habits. That said, I'd absolutely murder for one now ?

• 2 weeks later...

One of my favourites is a Bahn Mi Sandwhich,  which has  pork, cucumber pickled carrot and Daikon

along with Cilantro, Jalopeno's mayo and soy sauce.  Origons from Vietnam/Thailand.

The taste is fantastic  a bit of heat and spice  -  with the Cilantro providing the overall flavour.

I always get this if it's available.

All time fave - Cheese, ham & gherkin toastie

At Xmas time - leftover Turkey/Beef/Gammon with stuffing & bread sauce

Honorable mentions - Cheese & Pickle, BTL, sausage & red onion chutney, Subway Sweet Chicken Teryaki, Fish finger

Guilty Pleasure - Crisps (any flavour, any bread, it's all good)