Dah dah, dah dah, dah, da-da-da-dada dah (Blind date theme tune).

i-Ram

Not a blind date, Dating site that only a picture and phone call was the order of the day ?

1, She was from Leicester looked pretty nice in her picture, After several calls we decided to meet, It was at a canal lock side restaurant, I get there early she turns up on time, I walk to her car and she gets out, Wearing a full blown Kaftan to hide her size, I'm no oil painting but she was big, I paid for lunch and on leaving I said thanks but there was no common ground ?

2. A younger female from Chesterfield, Met at a posh restaurant near junction 29 M1, Sit for the meal and wow...I thought I'd invited pinky or perky out, She ate like a pig, Troughed it down then slurped her sweet and downed her drink, The cheeky sod said there was no spark but would like to be friends...nope it ended there ?

3. Tamworth female, Had a good chat online then exchanged numbers, She suggested we meet at Branston marina just passed Burton, We met, I went to give her a peck on the cheek, She screams "what are you doing" giving you a kiss on the cheek I said "I'd rather you didn't" was her reply, Well a lap round the walking area a coffee and we leave in our cars, Neither of us got in touch again.

I've had 5 relationships, All nice Women in their own right, But I've worked hard at being single and It suits my character. You can teach a new dog tricks, But you can't take an old dog to water ?  

Edited by Unlucky Alf

59 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

So, tell us about the other two, then!

?

No the 5 were relationships, The 3 plus others they were dinner dates that didn't proceed forward, I was at a birthday bash a couple of weeks ago, I was asked by a friend if I would talk to his Sister as she's was on her own, Told him she shouldn't have come on her own and left it at that.

3 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Not a blind date, Dating site that only a picture and phone call was the order of the day ?

1, She was from Leicester looked pretty nice in her picture, After several calls we decided to meet, It was at a canal lock side restaurant, I get there early she turns up on time, I walk to her car and she gets out, Wearing a full blown Kaftan to hide her size, I'm no oil painting but she was big, I paid for lunch and on leaving I said thanks but there was no common ground ?

2. A younger female from Chesterfield, Met at a posh restaurant near junction 29 M1, Sit for the meal and wow...I thought I'd invited pinky or perky out, She ate like a pig, Troughed it down then slurped her sweet and downed her drink, The cheeky sod said there was no spark but would like to be friends...nope it ended there ?

3. Tamworth female, Had a good chat online then exchanged numbers, She suggested we meet at Branston marina just passed Burton, We met, I went to give her a peck on the cheek, She screams "what are you doing" giving you a kiss on the cheek I said "I'd rather you didn't" was her reply, Well a lap round the walking area a coffee and we leave in our cars, Neither of us got in touch again.

I've had 5 relationships, All nice Women in their own right, But I've worked hard at being single and It suits my character. You can teach a new dog tricks, But you can't take an old dog to water ?  

Had similar, drove to Rotherham to meet what we call a “stealth whale”, we drove to a Chinese, she ordered loads of food, I was annoyed that she’d ordered for me without asking what I fancied, then she turned around and said  “what you getting’?”! 

14 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Had similar, drove to Rotherham to meet what we call a “stealth whale”, we drove to a Chinese, she ordered loads of food, I was annoyed that she’d ordered for me without asking what I fancied, then she turned around and said  “what you getting’?”! 

A plank for your back?

I met Mrs Wolfie via online dating, back when it wasn't realy a thing (pre-Tinder etc) and was considered to be a bit weird. We had messaged quite a few times in the few days before meeting, so I suppose it wasn't really blind.

The only real blind date I ever had was in my early 20's and lasted about an hour because one of the first things she did was tell me off (and properly offended) that I'd had the cheek to hold a door open for her, when she was perfectly capable of doing it herself. We had one drink and I made up an excuse to leave.

3 hours ago, Wolfie said:

I met Mrs Wolfie via online dating, back when it wasn't realy a thing (pre-Tinder etc) and was considered to be a bit weird. We had messaged quite a few times in the few days before meeting, so I suppose it wasn't really blind.

The only real blind date I ever had was in my early 20's and lasted about an hour because one of the first things she did was tell me off (and properly offended) that I'd had the cheek to hold a door open for her, when she was perfectly capable of doing it herself. We had one drink and I made up an excuse to leave.

Should have let the door go in her face and saved a couple of quid.

Back in the early days of the internet (mid-90s) I met an American girl via a music listserv. We shared similar music tastes and were both single, so some e-flirting occurred and before I knew it, she had convinced her Dad that she might like to go to University in London and he'd bought her a return plane ticket for a week to check out the big smoke to see if she liked it.

She asked me to go down and meet her for a date - which I duly did, and soon wished I hadn't. 

No sooner had I met her at Heathrow on the Saturday and asked where she was staying she admitted that she didn't have a hotel booked, and had no intention of going to Uni in London, and could we just go back to my place in Derby for the week.

This would have probably been OK if she hadn't been so full-on, crazy, annoying and stereotypically American (loud, over-bearing, arrogant - none of the things you can pick up via email). And of course - I was at work on the Monday morning, so I wasn't planning on spending a whole week with her. She didn't care. Any thoughts of this being a romantic thing quickly evaporated (for me at least). Conversely, she seemed to have me in her sights for future husband material.

How I got through that week I'll never know. I had a mate come and hang out with us every night just to prevent things getting out of hand. Even though I made it clear from the first night that I wasn't interested in a physical relationship with her, it didn't stop her trying. Continually.

The best moment was when she'd had a few drinks and fell down my stairs. Where she lived in Texas the houses didn't have stairs apparently and she'd never really had to deal with the steep narrow stairs of a British Victorian terrace ?. She wasn't hurt but at the same time deeply unamused at how funny I found it

Never been so glad to see someone off on a train back to the airport

2 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

Back in the early days of the internet (mid-90s) I met an American girl via a music listserv. We shared similar music tastes and were both single, so some e-flirting occurred and before I knew it, she had convinced her Dad that she might like to go to University in London and he'd bought her a return plane ticket for a week to check out the big smoke to see if she liked it.

She asked me to go down and meet her for a date - which I duly did, and soon wished I hadn't. 

No sooner had I met her at Heathrow on the Saturday and asked where she was staying she admitted that she didn't have a hotel booked, and had no intention of going to Uni in London, and could we just go back to my place in Derby for the week.

This would have probably been OK if she hadn't been so full-on, crazy, annoying and stereotypically American (loud, over-bearing, arrogant - none of the things you can pick up via email). And of course - I was at work on the Monday morning, so I wasn't planning on spending a whole week with her. She didn't care. Any thoughts of this being a romantic thing quickly evaporated (for me at least). Conversely, she seemed to have me in her sights for future husband material.

How I got through that week I'll never know. I had a mate come and hang out with us every night just to prevent things getting out of hand. Even though I made it clear from the first night that I wasn't interested in a physical relationship with her, it didn't stop her trying. Continually.

The best moment was when she'd had a few drinks and fell down my stairs. Where she lived in Texas the houses didn't have stairs apparently and she'd never really had to deal with the steep narrow stairs of a British Victorian terrace ?. She wasn't hurt but at the same time deeply unamused at how funny I found it

Never been so glad to see someone off on a train back to the airport

As Forest Gump would say...'Mama Always Said, Life Was Like a Box of Chocolates. You Never Know What You're Gonna Get" 

14 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

As Forest Gump would say...'Mama Always Said, Life Was Like a Box of Chocolates. You Never Know What You're Gonna Get" 

They normally have a guide to the flavours of the chocolates on the inside of the box lid. Therefor Mrs Gumps analogy only works if you randomly pick a chocolate out the packet without prior sight of the list of contents.

A tin of Quality Streets would be a random pick, but on the flip side you will know what your gunna get by the unique wrapping given to each sugary content.

This is a good system of assessing any new partner, check the wrapping and make your mind up. You can always spit it out if it’s not to your taste.

6 hours ago, Boycie said:

They normally have a guide to the flavours of the chocolates on the inside of the box lid. Therefor Mrs Gumps analogy only works if you randomly pick a chocolate out the packet without prior sight of the list of contents.

A tin of Quality Streets would be a random pick, but on the flip side you will know what your gunna get by the unique wrapping given to each sugary content.

This is a good system of assessing any new partner, check the wrapping and make your mind up. You can always spit it out if it’s not to your taste.

Totally agree.
I once dated a Welsh lass called Penelope... or Taffy Penny, as we called her!