Glazers, beginning of the end ?

jono

I always cringe a bit when United are called “Manure” on here.
1 v 1 I would always want a DCFC win but United were my introduction to the great game and I have always followed them. I was born within 10 miles of the ground, they are where I came from. The Glazers represent everything I loath about the top flight. Levered money, “franchise” “business model” “matchday experience” “stakeholders” . All from the vomit factory that understands so little about what a football club means to it’s real supporters.

I just hope these trailer park, wide boy, loan shark stain on the game are going elsewhere with their borrowed asset stripping money

God bless David Clowes. I don’t care that we can’t buy our league or whether we get promoted this season, I care that someone did something for love of the club and what it is and means to our city, rather than a balance sheet or an ego. 

i

10 minutes ago, jono said:

1 v 1 I would always want a DCFC win but United were my introduction to the great game and I have always followed them. I was born within 10 miles of the ground, they are where I came from. The Glazers represent everything I loath about the top flight. Levered money, “franchise” “business model” “matchday experience” “stakeholders” . All from the vomit factory that understands so little about what a football club means to it’s real supporters.

I just hope these trailer park, wide boy, loan shark stain on the game are going elsewhere with their borrowed asset stripping money

God bless David Clowes. I don’t care that we can’t buy our league or whether we get promoted this season, I care that someone did something for love of the club and what it is and means to our city, rather than a balance sheet or an ego. 

i

It's always nice to get a window into another fans mindset.

1 hour ago, Rev said:

It's always nice to get a window into another fans mindset.

I love the excitement of a game. The prowess of athletes, skill, trickery, strength, courage, and sheer B mindedness. I love the roar of the crowd, the way a great match at any level can make your spine tingle and the hairs go up on the back of your neck. I love GOALS. That immense outpouring of emotion when the net balloons- it’s unbeatable. Then there is the camradierie with folk across every social type attitude and background. The nail biting, the angst, the bitter sweet emotions when you win or lose. Even the anger when you have been slighted by a ref or a player who bends the rules. Counterbalanced by moments of real sportsmanship where the game is bigger than a match, when a player or official does something that is just the right thing to do regardless of a rule book. It’s the magic that goes with the  legends and myths of the most unifying game the world has. This is the perspective I try to take when I hear about the bad boys and the spoilt brats that like a passing fad cast a faint shadow momentarily over the game from time to time. They are nothing and not deserving of attention despite what the plastic media would have us believe. 

I sometimes wonder if I am an alien when we get so partisan we become blind to what sport really means and how it enriches us all. 

Anyway … pompous ramble over, some welsh minnows to put to the sword this weekend - plucky they may be, but we need a win and some more goals - all in a suitably sporting manner of course ! 

TFFT. Represents all that is wrong with modern football. No interest in the game, wouldn't know a football if it hit them square in the face. ££££ is the only thing they know, praise where it is due, they did very well there (for themselves).

Edited by EtoileSportiveDeDerby

Probably want out because of the billions it’s going cost to upgrade Mold Trafford & the training ground. Didn’t they buy the club for 700m with a 500m loan, putting the club into debt for the first time ever? How many are in the Glazer family? A billion each to sell? 

2 hours ago, jono said:

i

I'm guilty of using "Manure" in the past Jono. My age group had some serious trouble with United fans back in the 70's which started the dislike. What really turned me against them though was plastic United fans who never went to watch them but would swan round my factory and in local pubs taking the pish about Derby when we dropped down the leagues. I actually got into brawls with a-holes who had seen less United games live than I had because it annoyed me. I've always took stick with good humour from people who attend games, had the banter etc but for some reason, it winds me up when some one gloats about my clubs defeat when they don't go to games themselves.

Having said that, when I was 8 years old I had a pair of Stylo Matchmakers football boots with George Best written on them!?

3 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Probably want out because of the billions it’s going cost to upgrade Mold Trafford & the training ground. Didn’t they buy the club for 700m with a 500m loan, putting the club into debt for the first time ever? How many are in the Glazer family? A billion each to sell? 

I hear there's another American bloke looking to sell a club and move on.  A master at talking s**** and then announcing a suspected 6 million quid loss over two years so he'll fit in lovely.  Likes building car parks as well so  the upgrade will be no probs

image.thumb.png.605cfc4414c414c31c83c0ed97ed281b.png

24 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Quick google check they were introduced in 70/71. Think Gladys trialled some. 
Found a photo of a different brand but pretty sure Stylo did a version 

EE377D0B-4AF0-46CA-8114-EDF03F835963.jpeg

Were they any good ? Trying to remember once old heavy leather ones vanished. Removable studs were a thing but I bet you just have multiple pairs with varying lengths, Nephew had blade shaped studs a while back and I remember seeing the documentary about predators at the end of the 70’s early eighties ? … with the contact patch on the upper surface.
Need a new topic !

What are the RR of footy boots today ? I wonder if we have reached the stage where there’s nothing new under the sun (I am old ! ?

Right .. off to Google to explore

15 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I'm guilty of using "Manure" in the past Jono. My age group had some serious trouble with United fans back in the 70's which started the dislike. What really turned me against them though was plastic United fans who never went to watch them but would swan round my factory and in local pubs taking the pish about Derby when we dropped down the leagues. I actually got into brawls with a-holes who had seen less United games live than I had because it annoyed me. I've always took stick with good humour from people who attend games, had the banter etc but for some reason, it winds me up when some one gloats about my clubs defeat when they don't go to games themselves.

Having said that, when I was 8 years old I had a pair of Stylo Matchmakers football boots with George Best written on them!?

Back in the playground years, man utd was always the easy team to support. Even when they weren't winning everything, they were the popular team. I'm talking mid to late 70s, early 80s. It was like a fashion brand. 

1 hour ago, jono said:

Were they any good ? Trying to remember once old heavy leather ones vanished. Removable studs were a thing but I bet you just have multiple pairs with varying lengths, Nephew had blade shaped studs a while back and I remember seeing the documentary about predators at the end of the 70’s early eighties ? … with the contact patch on the upper surface.
Need a new topic !

What are the RR of footy boots today ? I wonder if we have reached the stage where there’s nothing new under the sun (I am old ! ?

Right .. off to Google to explore

They didn’t last long caused injuries as I recall