Sent off for squirting

Day

15 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Lifetime ban seems very OTT though. 

About 5 miles from Guiseley is Bradford which has a large (25% ish of the total) population of Pakistanis.  Pakistan is a country with a known incidence of Typhoid which can spread through contact with urine.  Should the distributor of this urine have typhoid, would a lifetime ban be inappropriate then?  And how would Tony Thompson know?

There's 'bantz' and name calling of goalies ('you fat barsteward' etc etc) and then there's behaviour beyond any level of acceptability

22 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

About 5 miles from Guiseley is Bradford which has a large (25% ish of the total) population of Pakistanis.  Pakistan is a country with a known incidence of Typhoid which can spread through contact with urine.  Should the distributor of this urine have typhoid, would a lifetime ban be inappropriate then?  And how would Tony Thompson know?

There's 'bantz' and name calling of goalies ('you fat barsteward' etc etc) and then there's behaviour beyond any level of acceptability

Well yes if he had typhoid and knowingly passed it on a lifetime ban would be appropriate. Otherwise like I say very OTT otherwise. 

15 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Well yes if he had typhoid and knowingly passed it on a lifetime ban would be appropriate. Otherwise like I say very OTT otherwise. 

Not really. If I owned a football club, I’d probably be handing life time bans out right, left and centre. No skin off my nose if a few d******** can never come to a game again, and makes the whole place a lot more pleasant for the vast majority of non-d********. 

1 hour ago, ilkleyram said:

Not sure why you’re pointing out the population demographic of Bradford in this when there is a video of a white guy switching the bottles available in this thread. Plus, a resident of Bradford is surely more likely to go and watch Bradford City than go and support Guiseley and contaminate an opponents water bottle.

I did some research. Typhoid, if untreated, rarely lasts longer than 3 months as an infection. There are only about 300 confirmed cases in the UK each year, mostly from those who have travelled out to areas susceptible to high infection rates. Only 2-5% of those who contract the disease will carry it longer than 3 months. I think we can call the chances of the Warrington goalie contracting typhoid from this rather slim.

It is still an abhorrent thing to do and I hope they catch the idiot who thought it was an acceptable thing to do.

46 minutes ago, roboto said:

Not sure why you’re pointing out the population demographic of Bradford in this when there is a video of a white guy switching the bottles available in this thread. Plus, a resident of Bradford is surely more likely to go and watch Bradford City than go and support Guiseley and contaminate an opponents water bottle.

I did some research. Typhoid, if untreated, rarely lasts longer than 3 months as an infection. There are only about 300 confirmed cases in the UK each year, mostly from those who have travelled out to areas susceptible to high infection rates. Only 2-5% of those who contract the disease will carry it longer than 3 months. I think we can call the chances of the Warrington goalie contracting typhoid from this rather slim.

It is still an abhorrent thing to do and I hope they catch the idiot who thought it was an acceptable thing to do.

But there’s no film of who actually provided the sample, just film of someone, allegedly, swapping the bottles. Your assumption is that it was the same person. I’m glad you know the origin of the sample because I don’t and neither (and this was my point) does the goalie. Nor does he know whether the sample was produced 3 months ago or 3 minutes before the swap. Nor does he know what it contains. He’s right to be concerned until he knows differently. Slim chance is not zero.

The point about the ethnicity of the local population - as someone who actually lives in the area - was to make the point that a significant proportion of the local population have strong connections with and travel regularly to and from an area of high risk. Three of my friends are currently in pakistan visiting their families 

Otherwise I’m glad we agree.

12 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

But there’s no film of who actually provided the sample, just film of someone, allegedly, swapping the bottles. Your assumption is that it was the same person. I’m glad you know the origin of the sample because I don’t and neither (and this was my point) does the goalie. Nor does he know whether the sample was produced 3 months ago or 3 minutes before the swap. Nor does he know what it contains. He’s right to be concerned until he knows differently. Slim chance is not zero.

The point about the ethnicity of the local population - as someone who actually lives in the area - was to make the point that a significant proportion of the local population have strong connections with and travel regularly to and from an area of high risk. Three of my friends are currently in pakistan visiting their families 

Otherwise I’m glad we agree.

I assume we can agree that there is a higher chance that the man in the film making the swap has a higher chance of providing the contents of the bottle than a random person from Bradford, regardless of their ethnicity or their recent travel history.

The point I was trying to make is that it doesn’t matter who did it and what their background is. There is always a small risk of infection with exchange of bodily fluids. The main issue is that someone has done it and they deserve a lifetime ban regardless of any illness that may or may not be caused by their actions.

I can't even bring myself to compose a funny one liner, or even start a pun-fest.

WTF is happening to people.  I seriously hope they find the Bamford, and lock him up!

What an absolute t***!

*Apologies for the lack of self-censorship... and thanks in advance, to whichever mod tidies up my post!

EDIT:
Oh... of course... auto-censor!  Phew!  ?

Edited by Mucker1884

1 hour ago, roboto said:

I assume we can agree that there is a higher chance that the man in the film making the swap has a higher chance of providing the contents of the bottle than a random person from Bradford, regardless of their ethnicity or their recent travel history.

The point I was trying to make is that it doesn’t matter who did it and what their background is. There is always a small risk of infection with exchange of bodily fluids. The main issue is that someone has done it and they deserve a lifetime ban regardless of any illness that may or may not be caused by their actions.

There’s a reason we don’t go round drinking each others pee. And it’s not a carefully calculated risk assessment based on local population and potential infection rates. It’s because it’s f****** grim. It doesn’t really warrant much more explanation than that. 

4 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

Descendants of Pakistanis don't carry diseases just because their grandparents came from there. To suggest they do is, well, racist. Even if your suggestion is that people from Braford travel to Pakistan, your suggestion that people who follow a football team a few miles away are likely to be carrying typhoid just because they live near people who have family in Pakistan is, well, racist.

Even if you disagree with both points above the connection of your points to arrive at your riduculous conclusion shows, at least to me, some really disconnected belief systems.

Edited by BaaLocks