Coventry City

FlyBritishMidland

20 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I can only imagine he's trying to negotiate a better rent? Pretty sure the last I saw, he wasn't interested in CCFC as a club?

image.thumb.png.293cb2d72c508f5d6a581cc134eb5d35.png

Difficult to have sympathy for SISU being shafted if Ashley is trying to buy them at rock bottom price. And the Cov fans are in the middle...shame?

Edited by RoyMac5

25 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

image.thumb.png.293cb2d72c508f5d6a581cc134eb5d35.png

Difficult to have sympathy for SISU being shafted if Ashley is trying to buy them at rock bottom price. And the Cov fans are in the middle...shame?

SISU are not the goodies for sure, I can't remember all that's gone on with them (I'm sure if there's any Cov fans lurking they could give us an overview) - I'm sure Ashley is just moving to buy the club at the price he wants and whilst it will be a painful process, presumably once he owns it he'll at least be competant (or appoint competant people more likely).

I'm not an Ashley fanboy by any stretch but he is a good businessman (even if one at the bstd end of the spectrum).

15 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Yes, one small thing that was right on Mel's part. I can't imagine Quantuma standing up to Ashley bullying for more than a second, even if it led to the club being wound up and Ashley buying the name from the liquidation.

I imagine Mel sold to Clowes because of the price he would pay was more than Ashley would. Not any goodness on Mel's part?

6 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

So, they have told the club "sign the lease or get out" then.

"We look forward to you accepting our terms Mr SISU...."

To be fair, they own the ground and the club needs to have signed a lease with them in order to play there (otherwise there could be all sorts of issues further down the line regarding rent payments etc) - if the club haven't signed the lease, why should they be allowed to stay?

I'm sure there are things in the background that we're not being made aware of, but the club needs a binding contract with the stadium owners - if they've not signed a deal that matched the previous terms (as the statement sets out) then it seems they were either negligent or else are trying to get a better deal - playing hardball with Mr Ashley is unlikely to end well.....

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I imagine Mel sold to Clowes because of the price he would pay was more than Ashley would. Not any goodness on Mel's part?

The vibe I got was that it was a personal thing.

I remember those reports that Ashley had bid enough to avoid further deductions (before Clowes was involved) and some fans were up in arms about why it wasn't accepted.

I doubt it met Mel's valuation but, at the time, it was probably the best deal on the table.

Too much schandenfreude in this thread for my liking. There's idiot fans with every club so I wouldn't put too much emphasis to some nasty chants.

Let's not forget that the real reason clubs are struggling is the clueless governing body.

Edited by Dimmu
wrong thread but suits here so I'll just copy paste to Blues thread :)

1 hour ago, Dimmu said:

Too much schandenfreude in this thread for my liking. There's idiot fans with every club so I wouldn't put too much emphasis to some nasty chants.

Let's not forget that the real reason clubs are struggling is the clueless governing body.

Nope, you can't shift all the blame from Mel who chose to try and 'bend' the rules to our benefit.

I'm sure you'll be welcome to share your sympathy on the Brum and Cov forums. Do let us know what they say.

3 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

So, they have told the club "sign the lease or get out" then.

"We look forward to you accepting our terms Mr SISU...."

They could have accepted the original offer that was on the same terms as they already had, but chose not to. No idea what the revised offer is, but SISU seem to have shot themselves in both feet

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Nope, you can't shift all the blame from Mel who chose to try and 'bend' the rules to our benefit.

I'm sure you'll be welcome to share your sympathy on the Brum and Cov forums. Do let us know what they say.

Why would you blame someone for trying to bed the rules to benefit their club?

Breaking the rules, yes, dip your bread but, bending the rules? Especially when you've agreed the bending with governing body