Where have you met a famous footballer?

BaaLocks

10 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

That's actually a very good point, well made.
I'm with you, buddy.

Block of flats behind Park farm.
Bottom Green, Mansfield Road.  (Way before The Paddock Pub existed.)
Sainsburys, Wyvern.
The Gallery (rest.), Duffield.
Behind the church, at the Bourton-on-the-Water Model village.

?

Next you'll tell us the last one was Phillip Cocu 

It was in 1979 and we went to Brittany for a family camping holiday, The site we were on was huge with a road running through the middle of it. At the end of this road were the unisex toilets. I have suffered from social anxiety for many years so therefor my morning visit to the loo had to be early so as not to have to interact with strangers. This particular morning someone else was coming from the toilet block and it wasn't long before I realised it was Alan Durban who at the time was Stoke City manager, Now Durban had been one of my favourite players from the Tim Ward era. What should I say to him when we met? several things were going through my mind until we came face to face, He was the first to say morning to which I replied mornin and then the moment had gone and we had passed each other, I said to my self, you idiot you will regret this later so I turned round to go after him but he had disappeared into one of the hundreds of tents. I never saw him again and have regretted it ever since.     

1 hour ago, Macintosh said:

The other week I had Sammy McIlroy MBE, Paul Moulden and Clare Shine on our table, and was later joined by Dion Dublin, Ellen White and Ben Brereton Diaz. Some forward line that was and I'm not including myself! 

Bit bloody rude of them - were you in Nandos?

2 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

Just remembered, I met John Toshack playing beach cricket with his kids on Rhosilli beach in the Gower in around 1976. Can't quite imagine many Liverpool strikers would choose that as a holiday destination these days.

Bet he took his own caravan with him too, instead of renting one of those fancy statics that cost a fortune!  ?

4 hours ago, Skin em Ted said:

On a romantic weekend away in Paris with the missus recently... whilst taking a romantic stroll along the Seine and admiring the ornate sculpture and gothic beauty of Notre Dame Cathedral... I'm convinced I saw Nottingham Forest's very own Steve Cooper!

The hunchback of Notre Dame would really feel insulted being compared to Plug Cooper 

3 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

Just remembered, I met John Toshack playing beach cricket with his kids on Rhosilli beach in the Gower in around 1976. Can't quite imagine many Liverpool strikers would choose that as a holiday destination these days.

This reminded me of when we met a Liverpool double winner. We were in Tunisia in the hotel lift and a guy got in on crutches and we went to the ground floor. After he had left my son said that’s Kevin Macdonald. We met him again later and got his autograph and had a chat. 
It was a long time ago so I’ve just checked on Wikipedia and he broke his leg in September 1986.