Local Radio being destroyed - no more Sportscene.

Ram@Lincoln

56 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

Nostalgia won't save the BBC; we will watch a slow death of just about everything to do it with it over the next 20 years. I haven't watched terrestial TV in years which is part of their problem as I'm not alone. I have a RamsTV subscription which I consider ample coverage of the club, so even pay-to-view at a club level has caught up with it there. The reality is ever greater numbers of us pay to watch the content we want (as opposed to pay to watch what we don't) and the BBC can't rely on it having a monopoly courtesy of there being little choice. There is a lot of choice now and they're struggling to adapt. Sad but the world is moving on.

Nostalgia, it’s not what it used to be.

10 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Is it Sussex sportsworld or summat where you live? 

Cmon the Albion...and all that. ?

I think my only experience of local radio in the last 40 years has been when I visit my mum in Ledbury. BBC Radio Hereford & Worcester blaring out from her old Roberts Transister, with the presenter wittering on about tractor prices or sheep shearing, and playing the latest grooves by Chicory Tip and Baccara. Room 101 stuff.

16 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I think my only experience of local radio in the last 40 years has been when I visit my mum in Ledbury. BBC Radio Hereford & Worcester blaring out from her old Roberts Transister, with the presenter wittering on about tractor prices or sheep shearing, and playing the latest grooves by . Room 101 stuff.

Chicory Tip and Baccara?
Bet your foot starts tapping though - come on, admit it!

?

Edited by Anag Ram
Error

28 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I think my only experience of local radio in the last 40 years has been when I visit my mum in Ledbury. BBC Radio Hereford & Worcester blaring out from her old Roberts Transister, with the presenter wittering on about tractor prices or sheep shearing, and playing the latest grooves by Chicory Tip and Baccara. Room 101 stuff.

Not sure there’s anything room 101 about a field full of sheep slowly and seductively removing their layers!

Even if it is radio, and they’re just talking about it, it’d still do it for me! ?

Apart from match commentary I never deliberately listen to RD, and they were never the same after Graham Richards left.

What did it for me was en-route to work and the majority of the time was taken up with an inane discussion with some bloke who sounded incredibly thick about the merits of dunking a digestive in your tea and how long for .

Now I like a good dunk as much as the next man but to have that rubbish thrown at you for most of your commute was an insult to my licence fee!

54 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

You could always twiddle her knob to Radio Gloucestershire...oo-arrrr.

6 hours ago, i-Ram said:

You obviously haven't listened for 40 years!

17 hours ago, SillyBilly said:

Nostalgia won't save the BBC; we will watch a slow death of just about everything to do it with it over the next 20 years. I haven't watched terrestial TV in years which is part of their problem as I'm not alone. I have a RamsTV subscription which I consider ample coverage of the club, so even pay-to-view at a club level has caught up with it there. The reality is ever greater numbers of us pay to watch the content we want (as opposed to pay to watch what we don't) and the BBC can't rely on it having a monopoly courtesy of there being little choice. There is a lot of choice now and they're struggling to adapt. Sad but the world is moving on.

Yes a choice of watching 10-12 minutes of ads every hour or paying good money for subscriptions to a digital channel that you watch maybe once or twice a week. Time will tell whether Netflix and the like have a future. Would help if they made a profit!