Derby Rivalries

Conor_Student21

Doesn't really need a survey, quick Google search would answer this.

Any football fan could write a long list of rivalries before heading to Google to fill in the blanks.

Is this really the education that students are getting in so much debt for? 

That sound a bit rude, I just find it odd that's all. 

22 minutes ago, David said:

Any football fan could write a long list of rivalries before heading to Google to fill in the blanks.

Did you do the survey? They’re not just asking for a list of clubs, there’s weighted follow-up questions to determine the different perceptions from both sides. If there’s enough data in the end there could be some interesting observations to come out of it. 

And obviously the results of this survey isn’t “the education” they’re getting into debt for, it’s just data gathering to help facilitate a skill they are most likely developing. 

37 minutes ago, David said:

The survey isnt just "name your rivals" and thats it. A lot of questions and statements you have to answer as well.

29 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Did you do the survey? They’re not just asking for a list of clubs, there’s weighted follow-up questions to determine the different perceptions from both sides. If there’s enough data in the end there could be some interesting observations to come out of it. 

And obviously the results of this survey isn’t “the education” they’re getting into debt for, it’s just data gathering to help facilitate a skill they are most likely developing. 

Took a look but the questions are fairly daft, take the first one. If you're going round fan forums like this, is there not a reason why we are all here?

The rest are similar in daftness and not sure how interesting this could ever be.

For what it's worth, it's unlikely the results will ever be shared with us as it's a paste a link and never grace this forum again.

F457A4AF-2F8F-429E-87F8-D0A7768F9820.jpeg

I started it but I'm sorry the questions arent quite phrased right to get to the bottom of English football rivalry. It was too long and subtle to capture the total historic loathing. Also all football fans will complete it at the extreme for their team and rivals - suspect very few middle answers

14 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

I started it but I'm sorry the questions arent quite phrased right to get to the bottom of English football rivalry. It was too long and subtle to capture the total historic loathing. Also all football fans will complete it at the extreme for their team and rivals - suspect very few middle answers

I didn't do a Magnus Magnusson

I started and finished when it asked...when did I get interested in League 1 

On 28/08/2022 at 14:23, David said:

Took a look but the questions are fairly daft, take the first one. If you're going round fan forums like this, is there not a reason why we are all here?

The rest are similar in daftness and not sure how interesting this could ever be.

For what it's worth, it's unlikely the results will ever be shared with us as it's a paste a link and never grace this forum again.

Hi David

I am aware that some of the questions may seem unorthodox and not 100% related to football. This is due to the survey and study originally being made for American Sports and it's still being adapted for football.

We would love if you would consider filling out the survey as every fans views will be taken into account and eventually we are looking to relay all of findings to the clubs and fans.

If you would like to find out more about the study please contact Dr. Peter Dickenson (https://www.lboro.ac.uk/schools/sport-exercise-health-sciences/people/peter-dickenson/) or have look on the Know Rivalry website (https://knowrivalry.com/).

Cheers.

35 minutes ago, Conor_Student21 said:

Hi David

I am aware that some of the questions may seem unorthodox and not 100% related to football. This is due to the survey and study originally being made for American Sports and it's still being adapted for football.

We would love if you would consider filling out the survey as every fans views will be taken into account and eventually we are looking to relay all of findings to the clubs and fans.

If you would like to find out more about the study please contact Dr. Peter Dickenson (https://www.lboro.ac.uk/schools/sport-exercise-health-sciences/people/peter-dickenson/) or have look on the Know Rivalry website (https://knowrivalry.com/).

Cheers.

It's a shame the survey wasn't adapted for football before actually being used for football.

4 hours ago, Conor_Student21 said:

Hi David

Cheers.

Apologies for being grumpy, time of the month.

4 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

It's a shame the survey wasn't adapted for football before actually being used for football.

Exactly this. If you're going to use something, make sure it's made for that reason. You'll get a better response (be that quantity or quality) as the respondents won't get annoyed or bored going through it. This is just very shoddy and half arsed by sending out a survey that's not completely fit for purpose.

My vegetarian partner was accosted on the street yesterday by someone trying to sell a meat subscription box. If the first question was "do you eat meat?" not asking what subscriptions does your household have, talking about supermarkets in general and how to save money on shopping you'd get a better reply. 

On 28/08/2022 at 14:23, David said:

Have to agree

I started it and thought some of the questions were a little... odd

I also found it a bit long winded, so many questions that I answered without much thought (maybe that's better as its instinctive), just found myself clicking the same thing a lot.

I didn't go to uni though, so maybe I'm just a thicko that doesn't know what he is talking about