Christmas shopping advice if people want it

B4ev6is

I know christmas is fair few months away but if start during summer like I know normal do but with me currently out of work I cant even start it. But if you shop around you can get some really really really good deals. If people like achol like gin vodka or wisky or stuff. Like sainbrays at the moment you can get big bottle of gin from about £15.

But dont be scared look at local corner shops some might say bottles of wine 3 bottles for like £10 to £15.

Or likes of ice land they often do set of little whiskeys or gins like £6. Or little sets of beers or ales like £10. Or different types of chocolates and sweets and other stuff.

Likes of dvds go and look in hmv they have deals in films but need be a bit crafty through ask family and friends to see if what films not seen yet.

And final my showcase do offers on gift cards but I wont know what they are till nearer the time.

58 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I know christmas is fair few months away but if start during summer like I know normal do but with me currently out of work I cant even start it. But if you shop around you can get some really really really good deals. If people like achol like gin vodka or wisky or stuff. Like sainbrays at the moment you can get big bottle of gin from about £15.

But dont be scared look at local corner shops some might say bottles of wine 3 bottles for like £10 to £15.

Or likes of ice land they often do set of little whiskeys or gins like £6. Or little sets of beers or ales like £10. Or different types of chocolates and sweets and other stuff.

Likes of dvds go and look in hmv they have deals in films but need be a bit crafty through ask family and friends to see if what films not seen yet.

And final my showcase do offers on gift cards but I wont know what they are till nearer the time.

Brilliant.  Cheers pal.

Just got "Escape to Victory" from HMV.
And the best thing is, I already know Muckerette has never seen this, so didn't even need to be crafty!
This will be a lovely surprise for her.

Thanks again, buddy.  ?

Oh... and Merry Christmas!  ??

50 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Brilliant.  Cheers pal.

And the best thing is, I already know Muckerette has never seen this, so didn't even need to be crafty!

Thanks again, buddy.  ?

That the one where Rocky goes in goal for Ipswich Town featuring Pele as a ringer.

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Brilliant.  Cheers pal.

Thanks again, buddy.  ?

Your welcome mate

But some have 3 dvds for £20.

Best way you can save money is to agree not to get wrapped up (see what I did there) in it all. Two presents each, reasonable price cap, no stockings, new lights or bottles of expensive nutmeg flavoured liqueurs from M&S. Still have your Christmas dinner, still sing carols round the tree, still go to midnight mass or whatever but just reign in the consumerist claptrap they try to convince us all we can't do without.

I know, I sound all Ebenezer but look at your credit card statement on Jan 2nd and tell me I was wrong.....

Edited by BaaLocks

Can’t honestly remember the last DVD I bought, used to be a time when everyone had those DVD racks in their living rooms but you don’t see any now, not even seen a DVD player at anyone’s house for that matter.

18 minutes ago, David said:

Can’t honestly remember the last DVD I bought, used to be a time when everyone had those DVD racks in their living rooms but you don’t see any now, not even seen a DVD player at anyone’s house for that matter.

We've never had one, and in all honesty, we have nowhere to put one anyway, and there's no way I'm moving the VCR to make room for it!  

5 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

Best way you can save money is to agree not to get wrapped up (see what I did there) in it all. Two presents each, reasonable price cap, no stockings, new lights or bottles of expensive nutmeg flavoured liqueurs from M&S. Still have your Christmas dinner, still sing carols round the tree, still go to midnight mass or whatever but just reign in the consumerist claptrap they try to convince us all we can't do without.

I know, I sound all Ebenezer but look at your credit card statement on Jan 2nd and tell me I was wrong.....

Agree.

Stockings are an excellent gift though, that more than pay for themselves.

10 minutes ago, David said:

Yeah, my bank account. The 25% creditor payment came through from the club today so I'm off for a few drinks before it disappears!

Laughed at the first bit.

Not sure what to think about the second  bit, in all honesty, having never been in that situation. 
Good that you got something, I guess... and that it's now arrived... but it's still gotta smart somewhat, that you never will get was was rightly owed!   

??