Your most despised clubs?

IslandExile

I have always hated Man Utd - I grew up in London in the 1970’s but for some reason I now cannot recall I disliked them intensely. I remember being furious as a 9 year old when they won the FA Cup in 1977 and ecstatic when they lost to Arsenal 2 years later!

Apart from that it’s obviously the Trees, Leeds, Leicester (I lived in Leics in the 80’s and was one of only 2 Rams fans in a school full of their supporters) and latterly clubs like Chelsea and Man City for the way they bought all of their ‘success’. 

Edited by Jayram

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/08/2022 at 21:19, IslandExile said:

Supporting the Rams since the very late 60s and the Clough era, Dirty Leeds have always been my most despised club. Still are. By far.

Next were Liverpool, the other big rival at the time. Forest were nowhere so I was less bothered about them at the time, more so now. Similarly, I'm fairly indifferent to ManUre.

I've never liked Stoke or Burnley. Or Birmingham, a dislike which grew last season. And in recent times, Boro and Wycombe but that's more about their owners - Gibson and whatever the other guy is called.

Millwall, Dirties, Florist, Manure, Boro, Wycombe and Rangers…..

On 13/08/2022 at 07:08, Jayram said:

I have always hated Man Utd - I grew up in London in the 1970’s but for some reason I now cannot recall I disliked them intensely. I remember being furious as a 9 year old when they won the FA Cup in 1977 and ecstatic when they lost to Arsenal 2 years later!

Apart from that it’s obviously the Trees, Leeds, Leicester (I lived in Leics in the 80’s and was one of only 2 Rams fans in a school full of their supporters) and latterly clubs like Chelsea and Man City for the way they bought all of their ‘success’. 

Don’t all clubs ‘buy success’?

Say Forest stay up this season, wouldn’t it be because they’ve bought their place by spending over £150m?

Likewise Fulham bought their way to becoming a yo-yo club?

Even Leicester are now a selling club because they have overspent on their success.

Boro, I’ve always hated them, even before Gibson started gobbing off, even from the Juninho and Ravanelli days. 
Newcastle. The ‘toon army’. They behave like some kind of separate superior race with their own language. 
Watford . Cheats, need investigation for their Forest style money laundering. 
Forest, Wycombe obvs. 
Ilkeston Town. Like a kind of non league Forest. 

Edited by Ewe Ram
Spelt Watford wrong lol

On 11/08/2022 at 10:15, Leeds Ram said:

Then I'd group together the 'big' north east clubs e.g. newcastle, sunderland and boro. There needs to be another word for them as it goes beyond delusional. The attitude they present is not new either, still remember a clip of a bloke lecturing brian clough on how the north east is more passionate than anywhere else for football in the country. 

Brian Clough:  "Do you know where I am from, young man?"  ?

59 minutes ago, Oldben said:

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-revenge-transfer-exams-24884070

An article that highlights leeds hate of derby, and talks of revenge against lampard, after a time when lampard was previously derby countys manager.

That night on it's own almost* made everything that followed worthwhile.

*Ok, not really, but it was bloody good.