Being in the home end at away games

Jimbo Ram

51 minutes ago, DerbyRevolution said:

MK Dons at the hockey stadium. Drove down about 10 days before the game and got tickets in the home end in case we didn’t beat Millwall and still needed something on the last day to stay up. He knew I was a derby fan when I bought the tickets but said he’d let it pass but did take name and address and said make sure there’s no issues from those seat numbers or you’ll be getting a knock on the door. 

Internet says that was May 2004.

They were still Wimbledon then, btw.
We lost 1-0.
I failed to get home tickets using my Derby address (purporting to be a Wimbledon fan of old!), but the following day, I tried again, this time using my sisters address in Southend, who then kindly posted all 6 tickets to me... along with my nice new official Wimbledon fan ID number!  ?
Ended up in the end block to the right of the goal (So Rams Away Fans were all down the right hand side, and behind the opposite goal), and after 10 or fifteen minutes, it became VERY OBVIOUS the whole block was Derby, so we all stripped off our coats, exposed our Rams shirts, and enjoyed the banter with the home fans nearby.  I think we had a better atmosphere than the official Rams fans in the away end(s), as the game was oh so drab... Good job we guaranteed safety the week before, and this one didn't matter in the end!

Have stood smack bang centre (in all directions!) of The KOP, for a midweek night match. 

Accent was no problem as I went along with the Derby Branch of their fans (Minibus), and they all stood there every home game, so were known to the locals.
Have to say, even to now, was probably the best view I've ever witnessed, certainly from a terrace.  
And much, much, much safer than the bloody away end!  Horrible place for young teen that was, back then!  Horrible!

Can't remember whether my attendance on The Kop was for the 3-0, 4-0, or 5-0 defeats I've witnessed there.  Neither can I remember which order those defeats came in, but pretty certain it was as above, and almost certain they were consecutive seasons, too!  Gave it up as a bad job, and not been back since!  ?

It has to be 13th September 1969. Before segregation. I can remember the situation like yesterday.

Newcastle 0 Derby 1. McFarland with a majestic header. Our first season back in the 'old' First Division.

I travel up to St James Park on the Ramaway train with my friend Robin Morris (where are you now Robin??)

Got into the ground with black and white everywhere. It wasn't until McFarland scored and the two of us were going crazy that we realised all the black and white around us were Newcastle fans and the Newkie Brown in most pockets became prominent!!

Decided to stop our celebrations and somewhat cowardly blend back into the crowd keeping a low profile for the rest of the game.

If I remember correctly Derby went to the top of the league that day and it was 10 games unbeaten on our return to the 'big' time.

A great train ride home was had by all.

It was also a week before the famous 5-0 Tottenham game.

Great memories.

1 hour ago, StevenageRam said:

Back in tbe early 90's when Luton banned all away fans a mate of mine who was a Luton season ticket holder got a ticket for me

I became a Luton Town member along with a mate with our Borrowash addresses so I could go to that game, middle of 5 seasons without missing a game so away fans ban wasn't going to stop me.....

Decided to go down earlier in season to activate membership and watched my only game that either the Rams or England weren't playing, they were home to Arsenal, we  got asked outside grd if we'd take Arsenal fans in as guests which we obviously did and became token Arsenal fans for the day once they found out we were not Luton ourselves! Iirc I think they paid over the odds for their tickets which meant ours were free.

Also ended up in Boltons home end in our relegation season of 2002, I was in NZ on hol and all our tkts sold so got my Bro to get tkts in their end, he lived in Eccles at the time, relegation 6 pointer, and I'd missed 4 weeks of games including the Man U 2-2 at home that Christie had a goal disallowed in.

A female steward clocked us after 10 mins and warned us not to let it be known we were Rams as close to their lads! Tough afternoon as we won 3-1......... thought we had a chance to survive, but not to be as only took 1 more point in the remaining 8 games!

May 1985 Orient away, technically we were in the home seats, they couldn't cope with the amount of Rams that turned up and let us in the turnstiles next to the away terrace, just kept us at 1 end of the stand and the home fans the other.

30 minutes ago, glyn1957 said:

Couldn't take the risk of missing out at Fleetwood so me ,the grandson his mate my sister and my nephew oh and brother in law not sitting with the home fans,nod nod ,wink wink .

As per Shrewsbury you can’t buy tickets for our match at Fleetwood  without previous buying history.

My first trip to Old Trafford was in the home end.  With a manure school mate and his dad.

In typical glory-hunter fashion, we left early as the result wasn't in doubt, and mate's dad wanted to beat the traffic.
By the time we reached the car and put the radio on, the score had upped from 3-0 to 4-0, and it turned out that Martin Buchan scored his only goal in his 28 year, 1,273 game Man Utd career.

Mate was gutted.  I've never left early since! 

*Stated figures may not be a true representation of the facts, but you get the gist!

Also cadged a couple of season tickets off a Barnsley acquaintance who was on holiday.  Think we won 0-2 (Cyfka?) during Nigel's reign?

That was a true "sit on hands" experience.  Not so much through fear of having one's face rearranged, but more that any jumping up and cheering may well have lead to a few heart attacks around us!  Made our West Stand seem like an Ibiza rave!   ?