Away Tickets - 2022/23

Foreveram

Just now, B4ev6is said:

If people want to see go near the front and let rest of us stand.

Sorry B4 but that’s selfish and nonsense. It doesn’t really bother me on a personal level as both me and my son are both 6 feet and able to stand. But I can remember 15 years ago travelling to away games with both him and my late daughter, and they couldn’t see a thing. Also more recently taken my 85 year old father to a couple of games who can no longer stand for 90 mins who spent the game looking at the arse of those standing up. Like it or not currently the stadiums we go to are all seater and I expect my dad to be able to watch the game. I am all for safe standing areas but it is totally unfair to stand for 90 minutes as things stand. Rant over.

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Sorry B4 but that’s selfish and nonsense. It doesn’t really bother me on a personal level as both me and my son are both 6 feet and able to stand. But I can remember 15 years ago travelling to away games with both him and my late daughter, and they couldn’t see a thing. Also more recently taken my 85 year old father to a couple of games who can no longer stand for 90 mins who spent the game looking at the arse of those standing up. Like it or not currently the stadiums we go to are all seater and I expect my dad to be able to watch the game. I am all for safe standing areas but it is totally unfair to stand for 90 minutes as things stand. Rant over.

Well thing is I say over 90 percent people like to stand like said in the past we like go near the back so never causes issues.

I am only 5ft something now but at end of the day I think maybe people there are posts there so you could still get a restiried view of the game.

12 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

If people want to see go near the front and let rest of us stand.

At Bolton the majority of the front row was standing. There are many more like you who don't give a damn for the rights of others.

Just now, Brailsford Ram said:

At Bolton the majority of the front row was standing. There are many more like you who don't give a damn for the rights of others.

Look also said I also sat down even through I hate doing that.

Me and my dad on very very back row so no issue with it I had perfect view of the goal and was one little lad he saw fine also.

Just now, B4ev6is said:

Well thing is I say over 90 percent people like to stand like said in the past we like go near the back so never causes issues.

I am only 5ft something now but at end of the day I think maybe people there are posts there so you could still get a restiried view of the game.

It does cause issues B4, twice I have nearly come to blows….if someone stood in front of my father again and the stewards did nothing I would forcibly force the person to sit down…not spending around £150 again for him to see nothing of the game….

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

This. Has anyone actually considered that this may be putting folks off from going to football matches despite all the spin from the OP about its positive benefits.

Some folks don't want to argue the toss with the people standing up infront of them all game and why should they? It's reasonable expectation that the ground rules are followed given the likelihood will be it's an all seater stadium. 

B4 has already mentioned that the stewards will action any transgressors on a limited and arbitrary basis and again if they're getting paid minimum wage to get a gob full of abuse or threats then I can't blame them either. 

I know it's not watching La Boheme at Covent Garden but it's a societal issue boiling down to selfishness and a lack of appreciation of others and the rules don't apply to me mentality.

I used to be a smoker. I tried sneakily breaking the stadium rules at Bramhall Lane once. (Something something Sheffield, something toilet cubicle something!).  
I failed. I got evicted. I neither complained, nor moaned on a public forum. I knew the rules. 

I now vape. Luckily (for me) I’m “allowed out” at HT for home games… which I hasten to add I see as a welcome bonus, not an expectation or right, when purchasing my ST. 
I wouldn’t expect any such courtesy at an away game, so just cope with abiding by the rules… or face any potential consequences!
For the record, I’m no saint, and do occasionally break rules/laws, (hence having to go on a motorway safety awareness course later this month, for not slowing down fast enough as I approached a 40mph sign on a 70mph motorway, and only reaching 48 (and still slowing) as I passed a camera!)

So whilst I appreciate none of us are perfect, the rules are there… and anyone wantonly ignoring them should at least remain open to criticism… as should those who are tasked with policing such rules, but fail to do so… either by choice or circumstance.

27 minutes ago, Boycie said:

With your foot mate, your doctor would advise you not to stand Im sure.

24 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

No he hasnt

Well he can't be a very good doctor then. Your foot isn't getting any better and the rest of us are still having to stand up behind you. Change your doctor and we'll all be happy.

Edited by Brailsford Ram

10 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

It does cause issues B4, twice I have nearly come to blows….if someone stood in front of my father again and the stewards did nothing I would forcibly force the person to sit down…not spending around £150 again for him to see nothing of the game….

I mean at very very back row mate

But I do feel sorry for some mate 

Like I do at the cinerma when people leave phones on when asked to turn them off once film begins.

I can ask them like 5 times turn them off but when it comes ask them to leave I am names all the sun.

I remember at Blackburn once man made sarcastic remark but like my dad said loads empty seats go and sit in one of them.

Upper tier only about 850 of us.

Just now, Brailsford Ram said:

Well he can't be a very good doctor then. Your foot isn't getting any better and the rest of us are still having to stand up behind you. Change your doctor.

Cant sorry

Under hospital so I get who ever avabile.

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

I mean at very very back row mate

But I do feel sorry for some mate 

Like I do at the cinerma when people leave phones on when asked to turn them off once film begins.

I can ask them like 5 times turn them off but when it comes ask them to leave I am names all the sun.

I remember at Blackburn once man made sarcastic remark but like my dad said loads empty seats go and sit in one of them.

Upper tier only about 850 of us.

The point is B4, wherever you are in the ground, if someone asks you to politely sit down, you should.

B4 - I bet if you actually asked, there is no way that 90% want to stand. I bet it’s much nearer 50% but the other 50% are not going to start an argument with the drunken, swearing, smoking in the toilet pi$$ heads.

Even if you had an idea of a sitting block - as tickets are like gold dust tickets would still get sold to those who stand up so this wouldn’t work unless you actually had members of staff enforcing it which will just lead to fighting.

I don’t know what the answer is - I feel sorry for those who are too old or too young who are now no longer able to attend away games.

4 minutes ago, rammieib said:

B4 - I bet if you actually asked, there is no way that 90% want to stand. I bet it’s much nearer 50% but the other 50% are not going to start an argument with the drunken, swearing, smoking in the toilet pi$$ heads.

Even if you had an idea of a sitting block - as tickets are like gold dust tickets would still get sold to those who stand up so this wouldn’t work unless you actually had members of staff enforcing it which will just lead to fighting.

I don’t know what the answer is - I feel sorry for those who are too old or too young who are now no longer able to attend away games.

Taser, taser is the answer,?