Away Tickets - 2022/23

Foreveram

19 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Two out of three if you like Meatloaf. He's the music equivalent of Forest and Leeds to football for me. If he was playing in my back garden, I'd close the curtains and put Bob Dylan or Neil Young on very loud to drown him out. But each to their own ?.

This needs to be moved to the ghost thread ?

15 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Seen him live 53 times now. The last time was in Kilkenny, Ireland in 2019 when he did a double header with Dylan who I've seen 34 times now - the last in Nottingham in October. Neil Young is like vintage wine - he just gets better with age. What a great life I've been privileged to have -  Neil Young, Dylan and Derby County. It couldn't have been better. Of course I have to add my wife who comes to all of the concerts and some of the Rams games too, plus the children and grandchildren!

COYR (and Neil & Bob). ?

53 times??  Reckon I'm into double figures by now.  First time Birmingham in 1980, most recently in Hyde Park the day before Kilkenny. Stunning!  Dylan (who I'm no fan of) was also on the bill.  Never spoke to the crowd, mumbled through his set, couldn't even recognise what songs he was singing. Wasn't impressed.

3 hours ago, Wistaston Ram said:

I think Bolton (Burnden Park on the open terrace) was the coldest I've been at an away game, apart from maybe Oldham.  Wish I was going as it should be a good away day what ever the weather.

I remember going in the 11 point season, just after New Year at night and it was ?. Guess what, we lost too late winner for Bolton

3 hours ago, Ram Logan Josh said:

53 times??  Reckon I'm into double figures by now.  First time Birmingham in 1980, most recently in Hyde Park the day before Kilkenny. Stunning!  Dylan (who I'm no fan of) was also on the bill.  Never spoke to the crowd, mumbled through his set, couldn't even recognise what songs he was singing. Wasn't impressed.

Yes I read The Hyde park Friday review on the iPad in our hotel in Dublin on Saturday morning before we moved to Kilkenny for the Sunday show which was the same day England beat New Zealand in the World on day final. It said Neil Young's set was superb but Dylan's less so. We were really disappointed to read they hadn't played together - they'd done so in the USA four times before but never outside the USA. Neil Young opened with a super set and then Dylan followed with a pretty good one - he can be variable and never speaks much to the audience - that's Dylan who never gives much away which he seems to think adds to his mystique. Then 11 songs into Dylan's set, Neil Young joined him and his band to sing Let the Circle be Unbroken, which they did together in 1974 in San Francisco, the first time they played together. Being there to watch it was a once in a life time experience. I rate the whole day as the best concert day I've seen. I first saw Neil Young in Manchester in 1973 and Dylan at Earls Court in 1978. I can honestly say I have never seen a below par performance from Neil Young, he just delivers every time but Dylan does vary. However, we saw him in Nottingham in October and he was top notch - one his most memorable nights for me. You simply never know with him what's coming - a bit like Derby County ?