Away Tickets - 2022/23

Foreveram

44 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Just tried to buy one but only option is to collect from the ticket office- in 2022.

Surely there must be a better way?

I know Newport may not have a sophisticated system but surely an email as proof of purchase should suffice?

Don't panic mate.  Plenty of time left yet.  It's only November. 

2 hours ago, angieram said:

I know, the away membership with highest priority always get the worst seats.

I know I mention this all the while, but it's a strange way to reward loyalty. It's like they know we'll put up with anything!

Hear Hear! Plenty of times I have waited until further down the line in sales before buying.

15 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Could you get a friendly DCFC Rams bod to collect and post to you. Or meet you at the ground if they have a ticket themselves ? Same for @BodminRam

I think (but stand to be corrected) that the point about the collect only rule is after a certain timescale, from which point the club no longer trust the postman to deliver in time?  Earlier purchases do get posted out, I believe?  ?‍♂️

For the record... and for future reference... I am local, and pass the ground/Ticket office twice per day in the week (plus the option to nip out of the office during the Ticket Office opening hours).  Happy to pop in and collect, and happy to post out and/or handover before kick off for home games (Being a STH), but I hasten to add, I only tend to go to one away match per decade, so I doubt my offer is of any use to anyone reading this thread!

Regards,
Your friendly DCFC Rams Half Fan Bod.

??

2 minutes ago, BodminRam said:

Thanks but tried that before, we struggled to find each other ( forgot to wear the red rose lol ) and we both nearly missed KO

I believe both apple/i-phone find my friend and/or Whatsapp can help in that situation, showing each other your location for a specified period (ie, for one hour).
Worked well for our family members, meeting up pre-Wembley 2019.  ?

3 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Just tried to buy one but only option is to collect from the ticket office- in 2022.

Surely there must be a better way?

I know Newport may not have a sophisticated system but surely an email as proof of purchase should suffice?

It was stated on the website that due to planned postal strikes there would be a cut off meaning anyone not in the initial bandings of away membership that were released would have to collect their tickets. Sort of made the decision for me when I was deliberating whether to get a home ticket and sit quietly throughout or try for an away ticket, even if they make general sale I can’t collect a ticket in person before Sunday so home end it is… ? 

5 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I believe both apple/i-phone find my friend and/or Whatsapp can help in that situation, showing each other your location for a specified period (ie, for one hour).
Worked well for our family members, meeting up pre-Wembley 2019.  ?

Or you could both download the 'what3words' app, which gives you a location down to 3m x 3m square.

1 hour ago, cstand said:

Rail strikes 13,14,16,17 December

3,4,6,7 January

Overtime ban from 18th December to 2nd January so cancelled train services or overcrowded train services for four weeks.

https://www.gbnews.uk/news/rail-strikes-set-to-ruin-christmas-as-four-week-industrial-action-to-take-place-in-december-and-january/395112

Forest Green at home and Port vale away or FA cup 3rd round