Away Tickets - 2022/23

Foreveram

I've just noticed that Fleetwood have announced that they're selling home tickets right up to kick off. Surely this is not a good idea when the away allocation had been sold out, it'll just tempt away fans to turn up on the day and try to get a ticket in the home end.

13 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I've just noticed that Fleetwood have announced that they're selling home tickets right up to kick off. Surely this is not a good idea when the away allocation had been sold out, it'll just tempt away fans to turn up on the day and try to get a ticket in the home end.

You’ll need a customer number.

Talking to a guy I work with in the 15+ category and he’s now buying tickets for every away game whether going or not just to keep up his priority for next season. If not going then he sells them on. This could explain why had 2 empty seats next to me at Shrewsbury.

So for anyone trying to work out which games will have allocation remaining might need to keep this in mind as doubt he’s alone in this. 

4 minutes ago, TooFarInToTurnRed said:

Talking to a guy I work with in the 15+ category and he’s now buying tickets for every away game whether going or not just to keep up his priority for next season. If not going then he sells them on. This could explain why had 2 empty seats next to me at Shrewsbury.

So for anyone trying to work out which games will have allocation remaining might need to keep this in mind as doubt he’s alone in this. 

Tell him he’s selfish 

On 17/08/2022 at 10:43, DerbyRevolution said:

There will be plenty of opportunity for fans to get to away games, it's maybe a case of how much do you actually want to get to games, or would you prefer to miss out and moan about the scheme?

I'm in the away members with 0 games (actually 4 games) bracket but I still see plenty of opportunity for tickets. Our aim is to get to at least 5 games and move up the priority order for next season.

I would say the below chances applies to general sale as well as bottom rung away members.

Charlton - got tickets

Mansfield - didn't get tickets

Shrewsbury - didn't get tickets

Fleetwood - didn't get tickets

Morecombe - little chance

Lincoln - no chance

Cambridge - little chance

Accrington - little chance

Mansfield - possibly, novelty factor gone

Ipswich - good chance due to distance

MK Dons - 100% anyone wanting a ticket will get one

Portsmouth - good chance due to distance

Burton - no chance

Bolton - good chance, good allocation and xmas

Port Vale - good chance on allocation 

Cheltenham - little chance

Plymouth - good chance due to distance

Wycombe - possibly

Barnsley - good chance on allocation 

Oxford - possibly

Peterborough - good chance on allocation 

Forest Green - little chance

Bristol Rovers - little chance 

Exeter - maybe, distance and night game but no chance if promotion is possible

Sheff Wed - good chance on allocation

So I have little chance of going to any away venues I’ve never been to before. Which was one of the few attractions of us being in League one. 

24 minutes ago, TooFarInToTurnRed said:

This was bound to happen, people are free to do what they like which ever category they find themselves in, but there are absolutely no guarantees that the same system will be used next season. 

27 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

So I have little chance of going to any away venues I’ve never been to before. Which was one of the few attractions of us being in League one. 

Lot’s of us that have trawled round all the championship grounds for the last few years are getting that opportunity though.

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

You’ll need a customer number.

But that won't stop some away fans just turning up and expecting to get in, these are the type of fans who you wouldn't want to be mixing with the home support.

Others, with friends or relatives who live local, will have planned in advance.

3 minutes ago, ram59 said:

But that won't stop some away fans just turning up and expecting to get in, these are the type of fans who you wouldn't want to be mixing with the home support.

Others, with friends or relatives who live local, will have planned in advance.

If they just turn up and expect to get in without doing any research they are not very bright.

I think that the revenue DCFC taken tomorrow for the match on Rams TV could well exceed that which Fleetwood take in ticket revenue. Just booked mine for £10 and sold the remaining six seats in my living room @ £5 each ?

2 hours ago, TooFarInToTurnRed said:

It won’t be such a problem in the Championship as we get bigger allocations.

27 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I think that the revenue DCFC taken tomorrow for the match on Rams TV could well exceed that which Fleetwood take in ticket revenue. Just booked mine for £10 and sold the remaining six seats in my living room @ £5 each ?

Will they sit in them though or just stand up all through the match.?

2 hours ago, Foreveram said:

If they just turn up and expect to get in without doing any research they are not very bright.

Precisely, they'll see the headline 'tickets on sale up to kick off', then think that they will have a few beers and rock up at ten to three, expecting to get in, then the trouble starts. Generally speaking, the trouble makers don't have the highest IQ, even less when fueled up with alcohol.

2 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Is it on Rams TV tomorrow?
Not showing up on page I purchased the Shrewsbury stream from, the other night.  ?‍♂️   

I’ve followed Derby home and away to every game in the last 30 years (last 20 years as a disabled supporter) Unfortunately I am on the ‘at risk list’, due to suppressed immune system, re Covid, so last season I only attended 3 away games at the larger grounds, where I knew from previous experience I could assure myself decent proximity distance to others supporters.  This season although I have renowned my Away Membership, the fact that so many Grounds are of such low capacity, or have so few disabled facilities, together with the fact I did not attend sufficient Away games last season to access the Ticket Purchase Bandings dates means that all tickets are sold before I can attempt to purchase a ticket.  Am I disappointed, hell yes, but there is nothing I can do about it, so I have to accept the situation of being a supporter of a hugely supported big team in a Division that can not cater for large Away followings. I’m gutted, but it is what it is. 
I’m hoping that somehow we can get promoted this season back to The Championship, where there are larger and better facilities for us disabled supporters. 
I still remain DTID !! ??