How many more signing do we need champership winning side

B4ev6is

26 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Depends who we lose? We currently need a GK a RB a LB a wide player and yet another centre forward - in league one you have to score goals and you need 3 or 4 centre forwards doing that - if we can keep Knight and use him in central midfield we would be very useful and contenders 

Top 4 scorers for the promoted sides last season (all competitions):

Wigan
1. Keane - 27
2. Lang - 17
3. McClean - 10
4. Humphrys - 7
#1 and #4 are CFs (formation: 4231)

Rotherham
1. Smith - 24
2. Ladapo - 15
3. Wiles - 10
4. Barlaser - 10
#1 and #2 are CFs (formation: 442)

Sunderland
1. Stewart - 26
2. Broadhead - 13
3. Embleton - 9
4. O'Brien - 6
#1 and #2 are CFS (formation:4231 and 352)

Using Wigan as a basepoint (since they won the league), we could be looking at a distribution similar to this:
image.png.f774c15b44f2dde42dd7ebd9db7d97f2.png
That doesn't look too unreasonable to me.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Wigan
1. Keane - 27
2. Lang - 17
3. McClean - 10
4. Humphrys - 7

Rotherham
1. Smith - 24
2. Ladapo - 15
3. Wiles - 10
4. Barlaser - 10

Sunderland
1. Stewart - 26
2. Broadhead - 13
3. Embleton - 9
4. O'Brien - 6

Using Wigan as a basepoint (since they won the league), we could be looking at a distribution similar to this:

I reckon our squad make up would see that spread a bit more evenly amongst the team. I'd expect more than one from Sibley for example, and as harsh as it sounds I expect almost nothing from Stretton. McGoldrick and Collins to share the load in that regard.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

13 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

Think we'll see Oduroh, Forsyth, Stephens, Glover, and Collins come in.

Still think we'll need another GK, RB, and winger.

At least if the above is who comes in we can get through until January, which considering we only had five first team players on the books a couple of weeks ago, we don't have a recruitment department any more and the quality we have got in has actually been of a good standard is a seriously great effort.

In my head the first half of this season was always going to be a bit of a slog, if we can get through to January and we are still in the hunt, or at least not completely out of contention then we can strengthen again and really push on.

Keeping Bielik is priority number one.

Keeping Knight is priority number two.

After that:

Starting GK (or one who can compete for the starting spot)

Starting RB - The ex-Man City guy is not good enough to be our starting RB IMO

Starting LB - Forsyth is fine, Roberts back up to challenge him.

Winger - to Challenge the status quo. Knight can also support although I prefer him centrally.

Striker - Who can score 20 plus. I'm happy Collins could be this guy.

Then after this - we're literally talking about players who may become available who are better than what we have. Probably loan players in all realisticness.

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Keeping Bielik is priority number one.

The head says we can't afford to blow £1M of the wage budget on one player. If he doesn't get sold, or more likely sent out on loan, we're either selling someone significant (assuming we can use Football Fortune income to boost the permitted wage budget) or facing the prospect of breaching the terms of our EFL Business Plan.

Can anyone convince me otherwise?

17 minutes ago, Crewton said:

The head says we can't afford to blow £1M of the wage budget on one player. If he doesn't get sold, or more likely sent out on loan, we're either selling someone significant (assuming we can use Football Fortune income to boost the permitted wage budget) or facing the prospect of breaching the terms of our EFL Business Plan.

Love Bielik but he's been injured too much. A Premier League quality player though, too good for this league but even if he stays, can he stay fit? Then again, look at Fozzy these days after all his issues.

18 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I think wages of players out with long term wages are excluded from the SCMP wage count. It's likely the same applies for the business plan.

2 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

You've gone fishing for a "let's re-sign Johnny Russell / Chris Martin" comment haven't you? Even I can see that.

To be fair to @magicram, these positions are exactly what we need as has been posted by multiple other posters without them being jumped on. 

We have 1 senior keeper, no LB, no RB, only 2 wingers and no senior CF. 

As much as he normally talks baalocks (pardon the pun) on this occasion they are dead right 

James Collins, record ...

2018/19 - 25 goals for Luton

2019/20 - 13 goals for Luton

2020/2021 - 3 goals for Cardiff

How many will he get for Derby, the jury's out.

I don't put my trust in Mcgoldrick scoring lots of goals.

Players I wanted us to sign Alfie May (23 goals, 2021/22), Cole Stockton (23 goals, 2021/23) and both are under 30.

I would still like us to sign a player similar to Alfie or Cole.

We still need to sign another goalkeeper.

I still see ipswich and Sheffield Wednesday the threats for automatic promotion. 

Play offs is more difficult as it's how the team does on the day, rather than how they've performed during the season.

18 minutes ago, Oldben said:

James Collins, record ...

2018/19 - 25 goals for Luton

2019/20 - 13 goals for Luton

2020/2021 - 3 goals for Cardiff

How many will he get for Derby, the jury's out.

I don't put my trust in Mcgoldrick scoring lots of goals.

Players I wanted us to sign Alfie May (23 goals, 2021/22), Cole Stockton (23 goals, 2021/23) and both are under 30.

I would still like us to sign a player similar to Alfie or Cole.

We still need to sign another goalkeeper.

I still see ipswich and Sheffield Wednesday the threats for automatic promotion. 

Play offs is more difficult as it's how the team does on the day, rather than how they've performed during the season.

Surely there's quite a few strikers like Cole and Alfie that are currently out of contract at the end of the season just gone , look at how many players we had out of contract , and there's been some of the world's top players in the prem etc going on frees , I'm still adamant you can sign some class players for free including a young striker with a good record 

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Wigan
1. Keane - 27
2. Lang - 17
3. McClean - 10
4. Humphrys - 7

Rotherham
1. Smith - 24
2. Ladapo - 15
3. Wiles - 10
4. Barlaser - 10

Sunderland
1. Stewart - 26
2. Broadhead - 13
3. Embleton - 9
4. O'Brien - 6

A bit optimistic there GOC - I think Barkhuizen will be our Gary Micklewhite this season arriving arriving late at the back post ( someone at last) Mendez Lang - I can’t see too many goals whilst McGoldrick will score a few more about 12 I’d say whilst Collins is a penalty taker so I’d expect around 16 but I think we will net a decent amount throughout the team if we play a decent style. It’s all nice positive thinking isn’t it ( the Pizza cup May well increase the amount of goal scorers )

57 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

To be fair to @magicram, these positions are exactly what we need as has been posted by multiple other posters without them being jumped on. 

As much as he normally talks baalocks (pardon the pun) on this occasion they are dead right 

I know, I was being mischevious, though I shall make no comment on how much of his posts are magic and how many are - as you say - baalocks.

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

LB - Roberts and soon to be Forsyth
RB - soon to be Oduroh and hopefully 1 more
CF - McGoldrick, soon to be Collins, and Stretton in reserve.

Within a couple of days we'll only be missing the 2nd GK and a RB.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

A bit optimistic there GOC - I think Barkhuizen will be our Gary Micklewhite this season arriving arriving late at the back post ( someone at last) Mendez Lang - I can’t see too many goals whilst McGoldrick will score a few more about 12 I’d say whilst Collins is a penalty taker so I’d expect around 16 but I think we will net a decent amount throughout the team if we play a decent style. It’s all nice positive thinking isn’t it ( the Pizza cup May well increase the amount of goal scorers )

It was only a direct comparison with who scored for Wigan last season. Whilst 24 goals from Barkhuizen and Mendez-Laing is optimistic (I'd actually expect about 15), I'd say 8 goals from Hourihane, Knight, Sibley and Bird would be very pessimistic and more than make up for the goals lacking from Barkuizen and Mendex-Laing.

4 hours ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Love Bielik but he's been injured too much. A Premier League quality player though, too good for this league but even if he stays, can he stay fit? Then again, look at Fozzy these days after all his issues.

Even if he’s only with us until January, keeping Bielik would be massive. I’d assume he’s still working hard on rehab so no reason not to expect a good season. His distribution will slice apart half the teams in this league 

4 hours ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Surely there's quite a few strikers like Cole and Alfie that are currently out of contract at the end of the season just gone , look at how many players we had out of contract , and there's been some of the world's top players in the prem etc going on frees , I'm still adamant you can sign some class players for free including a young striker with a good record 

Not that have not already been taken onto contracts else where.

Such players are chased by a number of clubs.

Neither Alfie or Cole are at present available as a free agent.

21 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Even if he’s only with us until January, keeping Bielik would be massive. I’d assume he’s still working hard on rehab so no reason not to expect a good season. His distribution will slice apart half the teams in this league 

The only place Bielik will be going is to the World Cup which means every niggle up until then he wouldn’t be playing to protect himself, if he had a good World Cup we can and probably would sell him in January at his maximum value.

31 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

The only place Bielik will be going is to the World Cup which means every niggle up until then he wouldn’t be playing to protect himself, if he had a good World Cup we can and probably would sell him in January at his maximum value.

But he’ll know he needs to be playing some football before then, don’t you think, for some sharpness, even if it’s in Div1