New manager, who do you want?

RoyMac5

10 hours ago, 68 Guns said:

There are many many other choices if only you put your brain into gear prior to posting 

my apologise thought i was entlitled to my opinion without being accused of not putting my brain into gear so tell me he who knows all who should it be oh exalted one ......

14 hours ago, jono said:

And if Curtis stays he’d be an excellent assistant. 90% of management is getting the respect from the players and inspiring them to do mare than just a job. 

It's really not is it - I reckon I could earn their respect with my patter but I'm not sure I'd know what to do to turn things round when we're 2-0 down at half time to Shrewsbury....

4 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Rod Liddle has Danny Cowley as the fans choice ?

61D7159B-01B7-498A-95BF-A8A29BD0DC1F.jpeg

I haven't seen cowleys name mentioned once on any forum or twitter. What a bizarre link. Ive seen Mick McCarthy mentioned more.

31 minutes ago, KBB said:

I haven't seen cowleys name mentioned once on any forum or twitter. What a bizarre link. Ive seen Mick McCarthy mentioned more.

I've seen Curbishley, Warnock and Holloway mentioned more often and that's scary enough so adding Cowley to the list doesn't make me feel any better.

1 hour ago, hintonsboots said:

Take this with a pinch of salt as it’s got CK’s bid totally wrong. He offered 35% over three years which definitely avoided a further points penalty. Seems poorly researched. 

13 minutes ago, Indy said:

Take this with a pinch of salt as it’s got CK’s bid totally wrong. He offered 35% over three years which definitely avoided a further points penalty. Seems poorly researched. 

Also the article suggests we could start next season on -12 ? Thought it was -15, but hopefully irrelevant anyway.

47 minutes ago, Indy said:

How many of the fans has he asked do you think? My guess is none.

3 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

One of the strangest articles I’ve ever read, Sean Dyche… Danny Cowley?! 

Also, Kirchner DID agree to pay the creditors 35p to the £ over three years so that bit is wrong, although it never happened, plus the point penalty is -15 isn’t it, not -12. 

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

One of the strangest articles I’ve ever read, Sean Dyche… Danny Cowley?! 

Also, Kirchner DID agree to pay the creditors 35p to the £ over three years so that bit is wrong, although it never happened, plus the point penalty is -15 isn’t it, not -12. 

And Ashley may or may not submit a bid.  That’s insightful.  I predict that I may or may not win the lottery this week!!

3 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Interim basis? Who is going to sign for us for an interim manager

Admins can’t go ahead and make long term decisions when a takeover is close to happening. I think us having an interim manager is the last of any players’ worries about joining Derby County right now. 

19 minutes ago, Nishfan said:

Great news - well  done Liam & every good wish to him & the team

next job on the long list - contract for Curtis 

Don’t get too excited for him yet. It’s only a stop gap until we have a new owner who will want to chose his own man (could still be Rosenoir).

With Clowes now being preferred bidder and looking likely to complete (?) you would think that he understands the sort of manager that the fans want/need.

Liam is a good choice and would be the simple choice.

There are other good names mentioned (I’m a Jody Morris fan myself) that would also be a positive with the fan base.

I guess what I’m trying to say is, Clowes is unlikely to make an unpopular choice with his first managerial hire.