Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

41 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

xG means literally nothing. Leeds had a huge xG for months yet can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo

I've never seen such a clueless comment, wouldn't expect anything else coming from a Forest fan though.

46 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

xG means literally nothing. Leeds had a huge xG for months yet can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo. Defensively we've been one of the best teams in the league for months. 

Also, that Shefffield United game should have been out of sight by the time the second leg even started. Huddersfield didn't have a shot on goal during the final.. You can't rely on a couple of debatable referring decisions. 

Take your Derby blinkers off. There's been an element of luck but our fortune has been down to our brilliant manager and team's effort. 

I will add, our fortunes might change if and when he inevitably takes a step up in position. Wouldn't surprise to see him in the England setup in so many years. 

If he’s looking for a step up Wycombe could be looking for a new manager.

I still think Forest will be scrapping towards the last game of the season and could still go down. They won’t finish mid table, other teams are better, but Leeds seem to be doing everything possible to go down so may end up being worse than Forest. If they go and beat West Ham then I may change my opinion and think they’ll keep out of it. 

Maranakis (and his son) other than for getting his wallet out deserves absolutely no credit whatsoever. He’s been volatile and scattergun since taking over, what is it, 150+ signings since he took over?!!! ???. There’s been no strategy he’s just thrown money at it, he’s spent best part of £200m what’s he going to be able to put in should they up? £200m on a team that might possibly escape relegation by the narrowest of margins!! There’s been so much waste in that spend as well which will bite them on the arse eventually If things don’t go right and they go down then Forest could be in serious problems be interesting to see what he does then - he might even do a Mel!!

The only person who deserves credit is Cooper (who Murphy brought in not Maranakis). He’s done an outstanding job dealing with the chaos created by his Greek bosses, 29 signings is ridiculous unnecessary majority aren’t his players he’s had to move players on signed only in the summer, he’s kept players happy they’re playing for him and he’s getting them results. Cooper is the glue holding everything together. Even if they go down he’s their best chance of coming straight back. I was hoping Evangelos would sack him in September and it would all implode (it would’ve done), hopefully he’ll blow his top next time they have a bad run and he’ll go and get Pellegrini or someone of that ilk! Without Cooper it will fall down like a pack of cards!! 

There's no doubt Cooper's done a good job, but look at the tools he's been given, experienced players, some with PL experience, others from top clubs in Europe, & elite clubs at that. Most PL sides outside the elite would sign Navas if given the chance. And this was after Forest signed Henderson from Man United!

It's not the same as Brentford or Brighton buying unknowns & developing them (Toney). Contast Forest with Swansea who signed players from the lesser lights of La Liga like Michu from Rayo Vallecano.

£180m +. I think Dane Murphy has been sidelined, & has actually left. This was the man who made the astute signings (loans) last season & also did an impressive job at Barnsley. It'd be interesting to hear his take on what has happened. Apparently, his statement did not mention Giraldi, the Sporting Director, brought in by Forest. It reminds of the power struggle between Nigel Clough & Sam Rush. Yes, Clough's position often came into question, it wasn't just results which determined his fate but ultimately who had the final say over signings. It's clear now that our transfer policy after Clough was haphazard.

I genuinely think Forest's approach is unsustainable. I find it of interest because of the parallels to us. OK, I accept the argument that they will receive much greater tv revenue, but if the PL largesse is so great, why do the likes of Bolton, Cardiff etc, end up in financial trouble? Surely, the argument is that the PL sets clubs up for life, making them solvent. Or does it? Why is it necessary then that at least 12 clubs, perhaps 13,  are now owned by billionaires? Tony Bloom only has a fortune of £800m. Only £800m!

The PL largesse often goes out in wages & fees, and as said, contrast the young players who got Forest up with the players they have signed now who have no re-sale value. It's more than likely that Forest would have got relegated with these younger stars, but these players would have remained assets, and Forest may have become a yo-yo club. If I was a Forest fan, I may have criticised the lack of ambition but welcomed we weren't mortgaging ourselves (ditto Norwich).

As for Murphy, he may have the last laugh. Who is to say, he may not have advocated the approach now taken? After what happened to us, I'm glad to have Mark Thomas on board as well as Mr Clowes who is fast becoming one of the best owners we could have ever hoped for after Kirchner's arrest. Football's a funny old game, in about five years,  maybe less, Forest & us will be in the same division but we will be the more solvent club. It happened when we were in the PL & they were in League 1. They returned to the Championship with some erratic results but were better run than us.

That side eventually got ripped up by Billy Davies & ended up with Doughty being forced to put his beloved club up for sale with huge debts.

3 minutes ago, Asanovic70 said:

There's no doubt Cooper's done a good job, but look at the tools he's been given...

Oh come on, Asa.  Poor players they may be, but lets not resort to personal insults, eh?   You're better than that.

... Anyway, I'll go and finish the rest of your post now... 

4 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

xG means literally nothing. Leeds had a huge xG for months yet can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo. Defensively we've been one of the best teams in the league for months. 

Also, that Shefffield United game should have been out of sight by the time the second leg even started. Huddersfield didn't have a shot on goal during the final.. You can't rely on a couple of debatable referring decisions. 

Take your Derby blinkers off. There's been an element of luck but our fortune has been down to our brilliant manager and team's effort. 

I will add, our fortunes might change if and when he inevitably takes a step up in position. Wouldn't surprise to see him in the England setup in so many years. 

Performing the way you are isn’t sustainable in terms of points progression. Forest are maxing out right now, which is why Cooper deserves great credit.

xG doesn’t always tell the full story. But there is no doubt that Forest are second best in games 80% of the time. Derby were similar under Billy Davies and got promoted whereas in truth that was a side who performed like a lower Championship side.

Goalkeepers making good saves is part of the game. That’s their job.

But strikers missing easy chances (like Haaland on Saturday) or players regularly missing penalties (Palace and West Ham spring to mind) when the average conversion rate is around 70% smacks of huge fortune.

You make your own luck you say. That’s just silly talk from people who won’t admit they have been lucky.

Forest have had an unbelievable amount of luck. The last time I saw such a run of luck was Chelsea somehow winning the CL in 2012.

6 hours ago, Baj said:

https://worldsoccertalk.com/news/uefa-warns-against-multi-club-ownership-fueled-by-us-investors-20230212-WST-419483.html

Apologies, repeating myself, bit near the end is interesting regarding 'free transfers' between clubs.

What’s funny is that marinakis won’t care. Selling players to olypiakos is his plan A. But if the plug gets pulled on that, his plan b will be to do a Mel, try to sell the club (it’ll be in so much debt he won’t be able to), and eventually declare administration, and get the hell out of there. He won’t care because it’s achieved the sim of washing a few ill gotten euros for him. He’d like the gravy train ti roll on for as long as possible, but he must know they’ll close up all these loopholes eventually, and have an exit strategy. And that Edit strategy will be about his self preservation, not the clubs. 

7 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

What’s funny is that marinakis won’t care. Selling players to olypiakos is his plan A. But if the plug gets pulled on that, his plan b will be to do a Mel, try to sell the club (it’ll be in so much debt he won’t be able to), and eventually declare administration, and get the hell out of there. He won’t care because it’s achieved the sim of washing a few ill gotten euros for him. He’d like the gravy train ti roll on for as long as possible, but he must know they’ll close up all these loopholes eventually, and have an exit strategy. And that Edit strategy will be about his self preservation, not the clubs. 

I'd imagine that due to the much higher profile of the Premier League it won't be long before we're the priority in the partnership, if we're not already. 

20 minutes ago, Pontius Pilate said:

I'd imagine that due to the much higher profile of the Premier League it won't be long before we're the priority in the partnership, if we're not already. 

Hmm, a new forest fan to play with. 

The point is, he only has Forest to sportswash. As soon as he’s not able to do that anymore, he’ll ditch them. He has no great love for Nottingham, not like Fawaz. He has no reason to give crap if you go to the wall. Greece will always let him do what he wants, he’s a big fish over there, so Olympiakos will always be the club he can offload deadwood players onto. (Unless you really want forest to become that club). He has no reason to ever get rid of it, cos they’ll never stop him from using and abusing it. Britain is about to start clamping down on that sort of thing, and stopping the likes of Marianakis owning clubs in the first place. Unfortunately that’ll be too late for forest, when he leaves you with an impossible mountain of debt.